Sign in to follow this  
notmetoo

An optimistic view of the current gun ban madness

Townhall.com has an optimistic article about the way the liberals are losing the gun control/ban debate. Essentially, they've overplayed their hand and people aren't buying the accusation that millions of American gun owners are the reason sickos kill children at schools. Oh, and the current Senate majority leader has an A rating from the NRA helps, too.

http://townhall.com/columnists/kurtschlichter/2012/12/26/liberals-panic-as-they-lose-the-gun-narrative-n1473885/page/full/

Exactly what I have been saying all along, DON'T GIVE UP, DON'T GIVE IN. Concede NOTHING, call them out on their lies, incorrect data and hysterical blame game. The NRA waiting till the full on freakout by the Libs & media (but I repeat myself) was on and respectfully refraining until a week later after the tragedy, was the right thing to do.

KEEP UP THE PRESSURE! After the beginning of the year, new committee assignments will be announced. Someone named Goodlatte from VA is supposedly in line to be the Judiciary committee chairman in the House. Unfortunately, Feinstein may be the head of Judiciary in Senate. Write them, email them, call them, whatever it takes. Nicely and respectfully as always

Townhall.com has an optimistic article about the way the liberals are losing the gun control/ban debate. Essentially, they've overplayed their hand and people aren't buying the accusation that millions of American gun owners are the reason sickos kill children at schools. Oh, and the current Senate majority leader has an A rating from the NRA helps, too.

http://townhall.com/...3885/page/full/

I had the misfortune of getting in a conversation with 2 liberal anti gun lawyers the other day who both said you only need one bullet for self defense and that it would cost to much to

put police in schools.I walked away because i was having a battle of wits with "unarmed" opponents. Edited

Funny thing is I know a lot of "liberal" gun owners as well as a lot of "conservative" people who are antis. Don't really know of this is really a conservative vs liberal issue as most of the liberal people I know who own guns are very pro-2A.

Agree. Hard to tell between friend and foe sometimes.

Its not always true, for example, liberal hates guns and conservatives support gun rights. My personal experience is that Its really a person to person opinion.

Its not always true, for example, liberal hates guns and conservatives support gun rights. My personal experience is that Its really a person to person opinion.

Yep. I know a few people who didn't like Obama and voted for Romney, but are also of the opinion that the country would be better off if the second amendment was stricken from the constitution. It's mind boggling.

This is what I have experienced since becoming a firearms owner. I have two close friends who are liberal on most issues except guns. One constantly rips on NJ's absurd restrictions, even with regards to hunting.

Another who I know is a staunch conservative and is very religious, believes that guns have no purpose in existing and should be removed, everywhere.

The old mindset of "libtards gunna take 'er guns," really doesn't apply to the general population in my experience. I find that most people I talk to have varying opinions per-issue that don't fall squarely into the left or the right.

My feelings on the gun ban is it wont pass muster. Maybe at worse a national ban on 30 round mags or something similar to a NJ law (Lite version)....

Republicans will not vote on a ban (except maybe a few rhinos). Most dems will. But those few democrats in the Midwest and south who's constituents have be brought up with guns and its part of the culture of hunting and sport shooting cant vote for a ban with out basically throwing themselves on the sword.

Hate to rain on your parade but what the public thinks isn't going to matter. Obama will likely appoint two more SCOTUS judges during his second term and which way do you think their rulings will lean?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Provided the justices either step down or die. I know everyone is assuming, but whats stopping all the justices from keeping their job for the next 4 years?

Hate to rain on your parade but what the public thinks isn't going to matter. Obama will likely appoint two more SCOTUS judges during his second term and which way do you think their rulings will lean?

Were talking about the Ban not long term future rulings. No matter that the SC would think or say, the politicians still need to begin the debate and if the debate is dead in the water then i think were good.

Provided the justices either step down or die. I know everyone is assuming, but whats stopping all the justices from keeping their job for the next 4 years?

I Agree.. this is an unknown. I would hope the ® justices who have fought for years would not leave now knowing all they fought for would be lost.

I had the misfortune of getting in a conversation with 2 liberal anti gun lawyers the other day who both said you only need one bullet for self defense and that it would cost to much to

put police in schools.I walked away because i was having a battle of wits with "unarmed" opponents. Edited

Your first mistake was even thinking its a Conversation with talking with liberals. Iv noticed when you try and debate you just get yelled down or they will make up facts as they go as to make it impossible to continue.

I agree in general that what the public thinks does not matter, as politicians in general will do what they want or make their decisions based on who fills their pockets.

Were talking about the Ban not long term future rulings. No matter that the SC would think or say, the politicians still need to begin the debate and if the debate is dead in the water then i think were good.

I agree with this in that if this ban is dead in the water, we're pretty safe for a while.

My parents are always giving me grief about my owning guns (and I'm in my mid-40s!). Funny thing is that I just spoke to my mom and she was outraged by the publishing of the gun owners' names in NY and was sounding like a die-hard NRA member. I do think that gun control extremists are overplaying their hand. I know that what I've been reading about in the past week has been pushing me farther and farther away from my inclination to be moderate.