intercooler

guess i wasn't the gouger i thought

i hope so, but who knows?

I did not think the bank bailout would of failed the first time either in congress... but the democrats are trying to make their case, and unfortunately, most republicans are powerless at this point.

Thank you!

That is the point I was trying to make. Of course the prices of things goes up when it is about to get banned, or importation of something will stop. But in reality I don't see the AR-15 getting banned anytime soon.

If you want to make a big profit on something you own, sell it to some schmuck on Gunbroker, not to the guy who lives 2 towns over. That's all I am trying to say and Maks worded it nicely in his post.

Thank you!

That is the point I was trying to make. Of course the prices of things goes up when it is about to get banned, or importation of something will stop. But in reality I don't see the AR-15 getting banned anytime soon.

If you want to make a big profit on something you own, sell it to some schmuck on Gunbroker, not to the guy who lives 2 towns over. That's all I am trying to say and Maks worded it nicely in his post.

thanks.... I try to word it nicely. lol

John, in reality... as much as I am against taking advantage and gouging.... there is not much we can do... because well, how do we say... this is too much this is too little? Even worse is.... we delete a post for gouging, then ban happens, prices go up even higher... now some douchebag can bitch that we did not allow him to sell...

The fine line is somewhere in the middle and I think people will get it. Best we can do is to educate the people, especially the new people.

Doesn't matter if the fuel was there or not. If it's inaccessible, then that supply is useless to those who need it. The cost of gas should have gone up to account for the drop in supply, coupled with the increase in demand from people running generators and using their cars for warmth. This would've eliminated, or at least, mitigated the need to ration gas and wait in long lines.

Also, when that guy bought that $300 case of ammo, ammo was most likely plentiful in relation to demand. If they sold it for $800, then that means supply has gone down and demand has gone up. He made a profit by forecasting the increase in prices.

Seriously, I don't see why people get so mad at those who buy low and sell high. Once upon a time, Springfield M1903s were plentiful and could be had for $45. But now supply is down, and you see them at $700, so where is the outrage there?

I think Gas was a poor example, ONLY because people actually need it in order to use a car for work... you cant expect the state to just shut down for 2 weeks while supply is restored so the mansions can keep generators going and businesses can loose profit.. The right thing to do would be to only allow the filling of automobiles, and only a certain amount. We try and regulate things that effect the market in a negative way. We ration necessities basically up until the point of a collapse. Now everything else is part of the free market, you want to sell an item at 3x? your only as big a douche as the guy paying for it. In my eyes the two cancel each other out, unless you price it so high no one buys it. We don't crucify people who buy stock low and sell it high, that's all that is going on right now... The only people butt hurt are the ones who wish they jumped on the bandwagon when it was leaving the station, and its full steam ahead right now.

I think Gas was a poor example, ONLY because people actually need it in order to use a car for work... you cant expect the state to just shut down for 2 weeks while supply is restored so the mansions can keep generators going and businesses can loose profit.. The right thing to do would be to only allow the filling of automobiles, and only a certain amount. We try and regulate things that effect the market in a negative way. We ration necessities basically up until the point of a collapse. Now everything else is part of the free market, you want to sell an item at 3x? your only as big a douche as the guy paying for it. In my eyes the two cancel each other out, unless you price it so high no one buys it. We don't crucify people who buy stock low and sell it high, that's all that is going on right now... The only people butt hurt are the ones who wish they jumped on the bandwagon when it was leaving the station, and its full steam ahead right now.

Honestly, it's a self-resolving problem. I theorize that if gas were to increase in price, then it would make more sense to get gas stations back in action and increase supply at a quicker rate. The increased profit margin would allow station owners to bring in generators to run their stations, even if the cost is quite high.

When you let the market do its job, things normalize pretty quickly. It's only when you regulate it by rationing crap that things get messed up.

Luckily my life does not revolve around firearms. For the time being I plan on shooting less, and funding my other hobbies. I have enough to protect myself and my family and beyond that.. I'll wait until prices drop and stock replenishes. :good:

Smartest thing I've heard in a looooooonnnng time!

I've meet tons and tons of people on here and I've been on since it kicked off. I would feel like a total D-bag if I had an AR lower that I bought for 150 bucks or something and then flip it for 450 bucks, but that's just me. I see the marketplace and I'll remember the names of the sellers who where totally taking advantage of their fellow 2A'er. Especially a fellow NJ 2A'er.

Doesn't matter if the fuel was there or not. If it's inaccessible, then that supply is useless to those who need it. The cost of gas should have gone up to account for the drop in supply, coupled with the increase in demand from people running generators and using their cars for warmth. This would've eliminated, or at least, mitigated the need to ration gas and wait in long lines.

Also, when that guy bought that $300 case of ammo, ammo was most likely plentiful in relation to demand. If they sold it for $800, then that means supply has gone down and demand has gone up. He made a profit by forecasting the increase in prices.

Seriously, I don't see why people get so mad at those who buy low and sell high. Once upon a time, Springfield M1903s were plentiful and could be had for $45. But now supply is down, and you see them at $700, so where is the outrage there?

Sorry but the fuel thing isnt a valid argument... fuel prices are regulated by LAW. Stations are allowed to raise prices at set limits and intervals, with the incentive of VERY Hefty fines ($10K per occurance) to keep them honest. Also, the 3 distribution poiints that serve the entire area were in the storm zone and had damage, and loss of power as well. As far as the pricing thing on Guns, ammo, and accessories goes...there are retailers who are raising prices a reasonable amount, Such as Mastadon, Due to THEIR costs going up, and there are some, like say CTD, that are pricing things at 3-400%. Once all this is over, there are retailers i'll purchase from, and those I wont.

thanks.... I try to word it nicely. lol

John, in reality... as much as I am against taking advantage and gouging.... there is not much we can do... because well, how do we say... this is too much this is too little? Even worse is.... we delete a post for gouging, then ban happens, prices go up even higher... now some douchebag can **** that we did not allow him to sell...

The fine line is somewhere in the middle and I think people will get it. Best we can do is to educate the people, especially the new people.

You let them do what they want maks...people will remember, and eventually this will be over, and people will remember who played Blue Falcon and who didnt. Free Market..some retailers will find that out the hard way too.. Make a Killing on the short run, and lose the majority of your customers?? or take a profit hit, but come back stronger later on? CTD and Spike's tactical played the Prices Game after the 2008 Elections. Spike's learned from their Mistake, CTD decided they could get away with it again. A year from now i guess we'll see if they were right ot not.

I've meet tons and tons of people on here and I've been on since it kicked off. I would feel like a total D-bag if I had an AR lower that I bought for 150 bucks or something and then flip it for 450 bucks, but that's just me. I see the marketplace and I'll remember the names of the sellers who where totally taking advantage of their fellow 2A'er. Especially a fellow NJ 2A'er.
you mean like trading your coworker a box of shot shells for two boxes of mre then trading them for ten 1911 magazines ok raymundo stop being a troll!

Honestly, it's a self-resolving problem. I theorize that if gas were to increase in price, then it would make more sense to get gas stations back in action and increase supply at a quicker rate. The increased profit margin would allow station owners to bring in generators to run their stations, even if the cost is quite high.

When you let the market do its job, things normalize pretty quickly. It's only when you regulate it by rationing crap that things get messed up.

This doesn't make sense if you think about it regulations aside. First off, priority to get powered restored was already maxed out and is at the discretion of the power company.,if they drag their feet getting power restored with millions of customers complaining and the various state agencies breather down there neck, a gas shortage aint gonna change that. besides If gas were to increase in price, the priority would be to keep it that way.... Second, if a gas station doesn't have power, they cant pump, if they cant pump they cant make profit, if they cant make profit they cant buy said generator...

This would not contribute to helping get people through the period of inflation, and helping the people keeps the market stable. If people cant afford gas, they cant get to work, or they will pay for gas and let bills lapse, all bad for the market.... wealthy people will live their day to day with less change in there pocket, keeping there sub 20mpg automobile gassed up and generator going(generalization).... I fail to see how the market fixes itself there.

which is WHY we regulate it.... it would be too easy to gouge the market with an extremely negative impact. Look at what they do before the gas even gets here, they park and hide gas all over the place, they "foresee" future gas refinement and use it as an excuse to increase the price per barrel. Talk about gouging, they claim supply issues in a few years, so we increase price now...

You let them do what they want maks...people will remember, and eventually this will be over, and people will remember who played Blue Falcon and who didnt. Free Market..some retailers will find that out the hard way too.. Make a Killing on the short run, and lose the majority of your customers?? or take a profit hit, but come back stronger later on? CTD and Spike's tactical played the Prices Game after the 2008 Elections. Spike's learned from their Mistake, CTD decided they could get away with it again. A year from now i guess we'll see if they were right ot not.

I would agree.

I'm as free market as any business man, but after Sandy I sold three weeks worth of firewood in one day. People were desperate to stay warm and had no power, I could have increased my prices, and they would have paid them, but I didn't think it was right to do so. From a long term perspective, I wanted to be thought of as the local business man who didn't take advantage of people when they were desperate. I want to build my business for the long term, and bad reputations travel better and farther than good ones. I was just happy to have a busy day after being closed for two days.

This doesn't make sense if you think about it regulations aside. First off, priority to get powered restored was already maxed out and is at the discretion of the power company.,if they drag their feet getting power restored with millions of customers complaining and the various state agencies breather down there neck, a gas shortage aint gonna change that. besides If gas were to increase in price, the priority would be to keep it that way.... Second, if a gas station doesn't have power, they cant pump, if they cant pump they cant make profit, if they cant make profit they cant buy said generator...

This would not contribute to helping get people through the period of inflation, and helping the people keeps the market stable. If people cant afford gas, they cant get to work, or they will pay for gas and let bills lapse, all bad for the market.... wealthy people will live their day to day with less change in there pocket, keeping there sub 20mpg automobile gassed up and generator going.... I fail to see how the market fixes itself there.

Credit exists for a reason, gas stations, realizing the potential profit margins can extend their credit to compete in the generator market to restore power and sell gas. As prices increase due to demand, most gas stations can afford more generators to get online.

As for the rich vs. poor, that is a concern, but there are fewer rich people than poor people, their demand would be satiated sooner, and they would be bankrolling the recovery a lot more quickly. Poorer folks will suffer early on, but they suffered regardless. How many wasted countless hours sitting in line to fill their tanks? They could've car pooled, or found alternative means of transport. Also, gasoline would've been rationed on a personal level, budgeted for when it was needed.

Honestly, I'd rather pay more to get gas conveniently, then deal with the inconvenience of waiting in line. I might not be able to afford a full tank, but I can probably get a gallon or two to get me to work. As the time goes on, the prices would drop as power and distribution is restored, back to their normal levels.

I would agree.

I'm as free market as any business man, but after Sandy I sold three weeks worth of firewood in one day. People were desperate to stay warm and had no power, I could have increased my prices, and they would have paid them, but I didn't think it was right to do so. From a long term perspective, I wanted to be thought of as the local business man who didn't take advantage of people when they were desperate. I want to build my business for the long term, and bad reputations travel better and farther than good ones. I was just happy to have a busy day after being closed for two days.

+1 good for you

Credit exists for a reason, gas stations, realizing the potential profit margins can extend their credit to compete in the generator market to restore power and sell gas. As prices increase due to demand, most gas stations can afford more generators to get online.

As for the rich vs. poor, that is a concern, but there are fewer rich people than poor people, their demand would be satiated sooner, and they would be bankrolling the recovery a lot more quickly. Poorer folks will suffer early on, but they suffered regardless. How many wasted countless hours sitting in line to fill their tanks? They could've car pooled, or found alternative means of transport. Also, gasoline would've been rationed on a personal level, budgeted for when it was needed.

Honestly, I'd rather pay more to get gas conveniently, then deal with the inconvenience of waiting in line. I might not be able to afford a full tank, but I can probably get a gallon or two to get me to work. As the time goes on, the prices would drop as power and distribution is restored, back to their normal levels.

Well, sh*t man, why don't they all just have generators to begin with? would solve the entire dilemma. :sarcastic:

Your points don't fall on deaf ears, i just personal don't think it would be the better of options. i think almost everyone managed through sandy dealing with gas even if waiting on a line sucked, we managed and most peoples pockets didn't take a hit from it. Leaving them with money to effectively put back into the market. Most gas stations could have opened using generators and didn't, why? would the cost be there? I'm sure they could have managed to at least break even and keep the supply chain going. Would they have done it if it meant making money, yeah.

As someone that grossly overpaid for a lower I don't find an issue with it. Nobody is forcing you to buy. I paid over 200% the regular cost but wouldn't sell for double that. Feinstein put me over the edge. I doubt it will pass but I'm willing to lose a few hundred bucks on "insurance" in case I was wrong

Although had I wanted to sell here if put a small markup but mostly give the person here a good deal.

Ruger 10/22 for sale. It's black. $2749?

I would agree.

good for you sir!

We had 38 trees taken down in the spring and I gave firewood to my whole neighborhood and still have more than I need...lol

better to be honorable and act with class and upbringing than a scum sucking vulture errr uhhhh I mean Democrat...haha

You can not gouge a luxury item. Guns and ammo are luxury items. You can sell them for as much as people are willin to pay. I'm surprised so many here would want threads locked and people banned for trying to make money in these hard economic times. We should all be happy our firearms just doubled and tripled in value. If you dont want to buy it you don't have too. We can't change what the market dictates. Take advantage of this time and make some money. If you really think the prices are going to come back down sit back and wait. They won't be coming down anytime soon.

I feel bad for someone who is getting into the sport of shooting and doesn't have money. It's an expensive hobby,and only going to get more expensive. I've been on here a long time and have met a few of the members . I think they would say I am a fair guy . I don't say to much. I do how ever read a lot of the post and get a sense of the people on here. The new guys are definitely a changing.

No private seller "owes" you a certain price on anything.

Yes, we are all supposed to be brothers-in-arms here, and not be dicks to each other, but if someone wants to list 20 rounds of 5.56 for 200$, who cares.

One of two things will happen

1) No one buys it

2) An idiot buys it

If someone lists their saiga for 3000$, who cares. Don't buy it. They don't owe you that gun.

Please note, I am talking about private sellers selling their personal items. Not stores that have advertised prices for long periods of time, and suddenly sell stripped lowers for double msrp. This is douchery and should not be tolerated. But a private seller?

That being said, ill sell my colt match target m4 for $5500. Now that I've said that, see the 2 things that can possibly happen above. In the meantime ill enjoy using it myself, until that lottery ticket of a p.m. Comes through.