silverado427

Sensible gun control laws

Because "Doing the time" (murder your mother with a hammer)

Out in 17 years. Whats he do? Kill twice more.

By denying a firearm to a felon, it is not taking away his rights. He gave up his rights by doing what he did.

but that is illustrating a problem with the justice system... "kill someone with a hammer" and you should never see the light of day again... one of my friends from highschool was at a point in his life addicted to drugs.. involved in the heavily.. to the point where he was arrested in a situation that may have involved selling drugs? at any rate.. he served his time.. cleaned up and is good to go now.. unfortunately his felony drug conviction prohibits him from ever owning a gun legally.. and that is stupid..

By denying a firearm to a felon, it is not taking away his rights. He gave up his rights by doing what he did.

I agree with this, they can't vote either.

I understand the point that thes are" correctional facilities" but, are they really?

I think that there's a lot to be gained in compromise. There's a lot of restrictions we live with now that I'd be willing to trade away in exchange for something. For example, if we could get national concealed carry in exchange for requiring all transfers to go through an FFL, I don't think that's a bad deal at all.

Again, if a person is such a threat to kill another, why release them at all? Same with child sexual assault felons... why let them out at all?

Because the BATFE and NJSP, should they decide to ban guns, can simply look up all our info, how many guns we have, and systematically raid people in the dead of night.

Or, they can simply do what they did with post-1986 machine guns and close the registry... oops.

Exactly this ^^^^^^. Also, what good does it do? Criminals still get guns and we are treated like criminals. Meaning, the criminal is treated like the citizen and we are treated like the criminal.

For example: Murder is illegal yet it happens hundreds of times per day around the world, should we write more laws about murder? What will that do? Nothing! We already have laws against murder and these laws are severe yet they are ignored, so why are guns the main focus? How about hammers? Knives? Bombs? Baseball bats? 2"x4"'s? Murder is murder, it is wrong...making silly laws and nonsense like this does nothing. The only thing that will resolve it is getting back to moral, values and stop giving everybody everything. Simply look at 1963 and when prayer was taken out of school, it ain't coincidence ..there are real facts there. Or we can continue to blame guns, even though more people had access to guns 60 years ago.

Exactly this ^^^^^^. Also, what good does it do? Criminals still get guns and we are treated like criminals. Meaning, the criminal is treated like the citizen and we are treated like the criminal.

For example: Murder is illegal yet it happens hundreds of times per day around the world, should we write more laws about murder? What will that do? Nothing! We already have laws against murder and these laws are severe yet they are ignored, so why are guns the main focus? How about hammers? Knives? Bombs? Baseball bats? 2"x4"'s? Murder is murder, it is wrong...making silly laws and nonsense like this does nothing. The only thing that will resolve it is getting back to moral, values and stop giving everybody everything. Simply look at 1963 and when prayer was taken out of school, it ain't coincidence ..there are real facts there. Or we can continue to blame guns, even though more people had access to guns 60 years ago.

This is exactly what I was thinking about when I started this post. Its always the guns fault, Not the madman pulling the trigger. However when someone gets killed by a drunk driver, Its the drunks fault and not the vehicle.

Honestly, I don't get why we restrict the rights of former felons... If you did the crime and served the time, you're done. If you're still such a threat, then why are you out in the world?

I feel same, also about voting. Perhaps repeat offenders lose gun and voting privileges? One offense is forgiven, unless it is a firearms crime or causes someone's death. Otherwise, you have paid society's penalty, so you get your rights back, but only ONCE. IDK, kinda torn.

I feel same, also about voting. Perhaps repeat offenders lose gun and voting privileges? One offense is forgiven, unless it is a firearms crime or causes someone's death. Otherwise, you have paid society's penalty, so you get your rights back, but only ONCE. IDK, kinda torn.

perhaps repeat violent offenders never get out.. ever.. and then the question is moot..

"...shall not be infinged." Four words...what's so hard about that? Our CONSTITUTION doesn't say, " may be slightly infringed" or "infringed to a degree where others feel comfortable" or "greatly infringed because we SAY SO".

It says, "...shall not be infringed." What's not to understand?

"...shall not be infinged." Four words...what's so hard about that? Our CONSTITUTION doesn't say, " may be slightly infringed" or "infringed to a degree where others feel comfortable" or "greatly infringed because we SAY SO".

It says, "...shall not be infringed." What's not to understand?

100% correct. Then tell whoever you are debating to look up the word INFRINGE.

Because the BATFE and NJSP, should they decide to ban guns, can simply look up all our info, how many guns we have, and systematically raid people in the dead of night.

Or, they can simply do what they did with post-1986 machine guns and close the registry... oops.

not to mention, all forced NICS will do is create MORE hoops for the LEGAL gun owners to jump through. giving in to that bullshyt is the same as bending over and letting them limit mags to 10rnds. youre giving, and giving, and giving, and NONE of it is stopping ANYTHING.

so lets play his little game, and pretend theres forced NICS. you want to buy a gun FTF (IF thats still allowed). you have to call the NICS number.....and hope you get through. and if you dont, no gun. meanwhile, some scumbag criminal in patterson meets another criminal on a street corner, gives him $100 for an ALREADY ILLEGAL gun, walks into a bar to shoot an enemy, and hits a dozen innocent bystanders in the process. OR, someone kills their mother, stealing what was originally legal guns, and shoots up a school.

so their kneejerk reaction is 'we have to get these illegal guns off the streets.....so lets force all legal transfers go through FFLs, since forced NICS didnt stop this.'

so how did that accomplish anything

the ONLY way any sane, rational gun owner and 2A advocate should ever even entertain the idea of forced NICS is with the stipulation of absolutely NO record of serial numbers given. you want to do NICS to check out the person....fine, you do that. you do NOT need to know what anyone is buying or owna. use NICS as what its supposed to be for....instant background check on purchaser. and even that is still an infringement

Glad Vladtepes can finally promote his "gunshow loophole" thing again. Dude, enough already. I already told you to start a thread in the PA gun forum and say this: "Hey guys, i'm new to the state and love guns. I'm from New Jersey and I think we should close the gunshow loophole."

And I like how Vlad, who has used his Saiga knowledge to transform the guns to AK varients. I wonder if he did a background check on each member he helped. Also, i do believe Vlad has bought and sold firearms on this forum so he's really being a hypocrite. Wake up stupid, enough already.

I support the 2A to the fullest, and our rights are already being trashed with every retarded politician thinking up dumb-@$$ solutions to a problem they don't want to face.

I support the 2A to the fullest, and our rights are already being trashed with every retarded politician thinking up dumb-@$$ solutions to a problem they don't want to face.

Educate me on what the " problem they don't want to face" is in your mind.

Jus asken a question

Jus asken a question

The problem is the "ghetto" mentality. The rotating door of the prison system. The "ME" generation and the need to have 15 minutes of fame, even if it's killing a bunch of kids. Shall I go on?

Jus asken a question

Well fist off gun restriction have never stopped a criminal who wanted to use a gun.

It's not like any of the laws on the book have turned any of them away. It's not like one day they wake up, say, hey I'm gonna be a criminal I need a gun. Check the laws and say, naaaa I can't get a gun, might as well get a job instead.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The problem is the "ghetto" mentality. The rotating door of the prison system. The "ME" generation and the need to have 15 minutes of fame, even if it's killing a bunch of kids. Shall I go on?

I don't mind, if you have more please continue

Well fist off gun restriction have never stopped a criminal who wanted to use a gun.

It's not like any of the laws on the book have turned any of them away. It's not like one day they wake up, say, hey I'm gonna be a criminal I need a gun. Check the laws and say, naaaa I can't get a gun, might as well get a job instead.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I agree

Glad Vladtepes can finally promote his "gunshow loophole" thing again. Dude, enough already. I already told you to start a thread in the PA gun forum and say this: "Hey guys, i'm new to the state and love guns. I'm from New Jersey and I think we should close the gunshow loophole."

And I like how Vlad, who has used his Saiga knowledge to transform the guns to AK varients. I wonder if he did a background check on each member he helped. Also, i do believe Vlad has bought and sold firearms on this forum so he's really being a hypocrite. Wake up stupid, enough already.

do you ever shut the fugg up....

I have in the past sold guns face to face.. wont do it anymore... the last few guns I have purchased or sold all went through dealers..

again you are obviously to dense to understand something really simple.... I will try one more time.. I doubt you will get it but here.. let me try...

you don't want criminals to buy guns

in some states criminals can circumvent the law and buy guns face to face

you obviously think that is a good system.. I obviously do not.. its that friggin simple... having a background check done to verify you are not a criminal is a simple black and white process... not some mind numbing process... verifying you are not a prohibited person does not stop you from owning a gun.. unless of course you are a criminal... that is the system working..

the school shooter tried to buy a gun at Dicks.. he didn't get one there because of background checks.. in PA he could have easily purchased one face to face...

at the end of the day those kids are still dead.. but why allow for a system that creates ease of access when you could easily do background checks...

do you ever shut the fugg up....

I have in the past sold guns face to face.. wont do it anymore... the last few guns I have purchased or sold all went through dealers..

again you are obviously to dense to understand something really simple.... I will try one more time.. I doubt you will get it but here.. let me try...

you don't want criminals to buy guns

in some states criminals can circumvent the law and buy guns face to face

you obviously think that is a good system.. I obviously do not.. its that friggin simple... having a background check done to verify you are not a criminal is a simple black and white process... not some mind numbing process... verifying you are not a prohibited person does not stop you from owning a gun.. unless of course you are a criminal... that is the system working..

the school shooter tried to buy a gun at Dicks.. he didn't get one there because of background checks.. in PA he could have easily purchased one face to face...

at the end of the day those kids are still dead.. but why allow for a system that creates ease of access when you could easily do background checks...

YOUR so effin stupid

post some links or stats or whatever that has showed face-to-face transfers that have been to criminals.

And do us all a favor, and go to the Pennsy gun forum already. JERK

he just keeps saying the same tired shit over and over and over again..

Ha ha, I actually like reading both you guys.

Well, you are a little long winded and ray ray gets the one liners.

Maybe you can hug it out or sumtin?

Ha ha, I actually like reading both you guys.

Well, you are a little long winded and ray ray gets the one liners.

Maybe you can hug it out or sumtin?

I keep it simple, and he feels that he needs to right 2 paragraphs full of fluff and love and bullsh1t to get his point across.

YOUR so effin stupid

post some links or stats or whatever that has showed face-to-face transfers that have been to criminals.

And do us all a favor, and go to the Pennsy gun forum already. JERK

You don't need stats.. just a little common sense..

here is a gun for sale..

you can buy it without any qualifications...

how can you not possibly understand that means ease of access..

there is NO question that face to face sales account for next to no crime... I fully understand that.... most guns used in crimes are hand guns which are not sold face to face.. I get it.. the point is not even about that.. the point is that I don't think it is a good idea to sell a gun to someone that may be a prohibited person.. that may be a criminal..

background checks force individuals that want to commit crimes into acquiring guns through other means.. and the least available options criminals have to obtain guns the better..

I don't get the mentality that background checks punish lawful gun owners..

You don't need stats.. just a little common sense..

here is a gun for sale..

you can buy it without any qualifications...

how can you not possibly understand that means ease of access..

there is NO question that face to face sales account for next to no crime... I fully understand that.... most guns used in crimes are hand guns which are not sold face to face.. I get it.. the point is not even about that.. the point is that I don't think it is a good idea to sell a gun to someone that may be a prohibited person.. that may be a criminal..

background checks force individuals that want to commit crimes into acquiring guns through other means.. and the least available options criminals have to obtain guns the better..

I don't get the mentality that background checks punish lawful gun owners..

so, lemme get this straight. You admit that face-to-face transfers account for almost nill in regards to crimes. Yet, you use "common sense" and all that lovely liberal thinking and just want to ban it for "the good of man"?

Yeah, okay dude. Nice

You go ahead and give up your rights, while i fight to save the few we have left.

:facepalm:

I'm just curious on what you think sensible gun control (LAWS) should look like. Me personally I don't like the hoops NJ make you jump through. How do you keep guns out of the hands of criminals. How can we keep firearms away from the mentally unstable. How do we respect the rights of law abiding citizens, While dealing with these issues. What do you think.???

Increase the penalties for violent crimes commited with gun. E.g use a gun to rob a convience store, automatic 25yrs without parole. The criminals will start to get the point after a while.

so, lemme get this straight. You admit that face-to-face transfers account for almost nill in regards to crimes. Yet, you use "common sense" and all that lovely liberal thinking and just want to ban it for "the good of man"?

Yeah, okay dude. Nice

You go ahead and give up your rights, while i fight to save the few we have left.

:facepalm:

please explain how verifying that I am not a criminal is me "giving up my rights"

you sound like those "me" entitlement people you are complaining about earlier.. you are a perfect example of the "ME" generation.. god forbid you be inconvenienced in any way..