MidwestPX

Rit Dye FDE 15/20s to Black?

Rit Dye FDE 15/20 PMAGs to Black?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Interested in FDE 15/20 PMAGs that have been Rit Dyed black if it was $2/mag and caused a one day shipping delay?

• Yes
    • No, the cost is too high
    • No, the additional lead time is unacceptable
    • No, I don't care about colors right now, I just want mags...NOW!

Since I don't know when I'm going to get more black 20rd PMAGs to modify, I was noodling over applying Rit Dye to the FDE 20rd PMAGs that I have coming in about two weeks For those who are not familiar, Rit Dye is a permanent dye that actually penetrates the polymer of PMAGs a few thousandths of an inch. This means it's not something that can chip or flake off like spray paint. It also won't alter the texture of the mag the way spray paint will.

Rit Dye isn't something that I can offer without cost though. It's mostly a time issue rather than material costs as the dye itself is cheap. I need to lock down some more specifics but I'm estimating the extra cost would be $2 per mag and one extra day of production time.

So in this time of scarcity, is it worth an extra day and $2 per mag to have a black PMAG over FDE? Vote, people, vote! Unlike our politicians, I actually listen to your feedback and your votes mean something so vote and be heard! :D

I'm in for a few.

Personally don't think black or FDE will matter much but I think a pink one would be cool and charging a bit more to donate to breast cancer research would be for a good cause. You may start a new trend with this.

A couple of my friends from out of state (PA) are looking for unblocked 30 rounders as well - do you have any coming in?

Nope. And at this time, any mags I receive are not being allocated to regular sales. I have literally thousands of magazines backordered by dealers so at this time, everything I receive is going into limited capacity production.

Probably not gonna happen this time around. The time it takes to process the mags is too long. If that was all I had to do, no problem. However, I've got 400 lower receivers to process and work through. I'm going to make the FDE 15/20s available in the store when they come in and whatever is left next week, I'll work on getting dyed.