mattio41

NY 7 Round Mags (Bill 2230) - Merged Threads

NJ probably will only go to a 10 round maximum mag restriction. So, slightly better situation than NY.

But I hear that the downside is NJ will likely enact an IFM requirement to go along with the 10 round restriction.

IFM?

NJ probably will only go to a 10 round maximum mag restriction. So, slightly better situation than NY.

But I hear that the downside is NJ will likely enact an IFM requirement to go along with the 10 round restriction.

Well, I guess we are all screwed then. Cmon, don't spread rumors. Look at the laws proposed, and then lets do something about it.

Gun shop conjecture does nothing.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Jined up, now I am a member of 3 different states' gun rights orgs!

We are next. If you can afford it (I'll argue you can't afford not to) join the New York State Rifle and Pistol Association, they are leading the charge against all the proposed NY bans. When it's our turn we will need help from people across the country. $25 to join

http://www.nysrpa.or...id=79&Itemid=88

Or donate:

https://www.kintera....JSMAJkKSI5PIKtF

Oh buy, could you imagine the day that your 10 round SKS stripper clip is federal contraband that would land you in 'pound me in the ass' prison? As ridiculous as all the arbitrary gun restrictions go, the notion that that small piece of sheet metal is so evil it must be federally banned is especially laughable. lol

But I agree someone will start making NY compliant mags...*IF* it passes................

I'm not sure that all that many companies will make 7 round mags (particularly handgun mags), NY has super crappy handgun regs that make NJ look really good. The laws there go a long way to discourage handgun sales........I think they are largely going to be screwed.

Wasn't it last week when the NJ state assemblyman from Mercer county said she would like to ban all semi autos and only allow muskets?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

I would be willing to back to cap-and-ball if I'm allowed to CCW my LaMat...

(Better Link for those who might not know..._)

7 round limit means all NRA Standard Pistol target competitions are impossible.

Timed Fire - 10 rounds in 20 seconds

Rapid Fire - 10 rounds in 10 seconds

How do you do that with a 7 round magazine?

It's like the legislature changing the shape of the football. It's absurd for any number of reasons, but certainly at the very least legitimate target practice ought to be a consideration on magazine size. You might not need 10 rounds to get a deer, but you certainly need it to compete in an NRA Standard Pistol match.

Posted this in the NJ Gun Law version of this thread, but I think it is worth repeating.

Word is Cuomo is locking the doors and forcing a vote tonight. 7 round mag cap, 10 firearm limit per person, etc. I hit up a bunch of email addresses, I'm going to share here if anyone wants to do the same. We will need out of state support when this stuff gets hot here.

[email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]

Live feed, they are at recess at the moment, but I heard it's going to the floor next.

http://www.nysenate.gov/live_today

New York certainly has some strange gun laws. They grandfathered high capacity mags for AK-variants, NJ did not. I have a friend that legally owns some and told him he can not bring them to NJ unless he is an FFL, which he is not. He can not buy new ones from PA though. How all that works, I have no clue. He has waited almost a year to get a pistol purchase permit, he described the process, makes NJ look like a free state!

10 firearm limit per household ??????????

May have an equal protection argument there. Single guy can have ten but a married couple is also limited to ten. Seems like you are prejudicing individuals based on marital status.

Correction, just reread it, it's per person... I've corrected my original post.

May I offer a suggestion...

john-browning-1-sized.jpg

I want to laugh at this post but at the same time I want to cry...Insane how when most of the country is talking hi cap mags they mean 30 rd Glock mags are 30+ AR mags. What the hell is the reasoning behind this? 3 less rounds WTF?? 10 rounds are already the most restrictive mag caps in the country. Let us hope the best for NY and NJ, and as a matter of fact every single state.

Hunters have to wake up and smell the coffee on this one!! We will all be effected down the line if any of this passes into law.