mattio41

NY 7 Round Mags (Bill 2230) - Merged Threads

Letters from out of state mean anything in a case like this? If not, anyone have any specific orgs they're aware of in NY that could benefit from donations to help them fight this?

Sure, specially if as someone suggested to me today you write them "I don't even live in your state, but if you pass this I'm going to send financial contributions to whoever runs against you"

Letters from out of state mean anything in a case like this? If not, anyone have any specific orgs they're aware of in NY that could benefit from donations to help them fight this?

yes: This.

We are next. If you can afford it (I'll argue you can't afford not to) join the New York State Rifle and Pistol Association, they are leading the charge against all the proposed NY bans. When it's our turn we will need help from people across the country. $25 to join

http://www.nysrpa.or...id=79&Itemid=88

Or donate:

https://www.kintera....JSMAJkKSI5PIKtF

I hear a lot of angst, wailing and gnashing of teeth about the magazine capacity limit, while you are overlooking the really scary part of this bill. In order to grandfather in your non-compliant firearms - which face it, will be the vast majority - you have to REGISTER them. Registration is just the first step to confiscation, as they learned in Illinois years ago. The devil is in the details.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

I hope NYC falls into the ocean

No!!!!! I hope they DO NOT COMPLY!! It's time that we draw the line in the sand and defending ourselves is a REAL RIGHT.

We all agree that murder is wrong and there are laws on the books and a very clear punishment for murder.

We also agree that defending ourselves is legal and we have the right to defend ourselves. Are we okay with letting them incrementally disarm us? Giving up little by little? Are we okay with legislators making us into criminals for defending a God given actual right?

Enough! The line is drawn and any further retreat is not possible...our backs are pushed up against the wall. Time to PUSH back...this is our country. These are our children and we have a right to defend and protect them from tyranny. These are my items and my property purchased LEGALLY what gives you the right to take them! F-U!!!

A 7 round limit even potentially knocks the venerable M1 Garand out of the running, depending on their definition of magazine, since its unique en clock clips hold 8. Will have to see how it is worded to determine if the M1 is considered a fixed magazine, and therefore potentially banned outright, or if it is legal with a 5 round en bloc clip (and I suppose a to be designed 7 round version). Yeech.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk 2

I hear a lot of angst, wailing and gnashing of teeth about the magazine capacity limit, while you are overlooking the really scary part of this bill. In order to grandfather in your non-compliant firearms - which face it, will be the vast majority - you have to REGISTER them. Registration is just the first step to confiscation, as they learned in Illinois years ago. The devil is in the details.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Wow, yeah, you're right. Now I'm going tin foil hat and wondering if that's the whole strategy. Draw all the attention to a drop in capacity and agree to compromise on it after a lot of push back, which enables the gun registration to slip by without much attention.

Wow, yeah, you're right. Now I'm going tin foil hat and wondering if that's the whole strategy. Draw all the attention to a drop in capacity and agree to compromise on it after a lot of push back, which enables the gun registration to slip by without much attention.

Yes ..i think it's all about soft confiscation.... If they said tomorrow that it's all over no more ...everyone turn in everything ... They would have a big problem....logically.. How is legal law abiding gun owner gun registration going to stop criminals and gun violence?.... It's not it's just to get check lists

I'm looking for any articles that expand on the NY AWB component, "The tentative agreement would further restrict New York's ban on assault weapons". Has anyone read anything about that yet?

Also, anything about "Senate Republicans also have included a further crackdown on illegal gun trafficking into New York"?

Wasn't it last week when the NJ state assemblyman from Mercer county said she would like to ban all semi autos and only allow muskets?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Something like that

CT had one that was single shot

NJ had one for 5 rounds

And now NY at 7

Pick a number any number folks win a prize... ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Something like that

CT had one that was single shot

NJ had one for 5 rounds

And now NY at 7

Pick a number any number folks win a prize... ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DE just announced a proposed limit of 10 for HG and 5 for rifles..(See other thread)

Is this thing going to pass in NYS?

Is it coming to NJ?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/14/new-york-gun-control-deal-cuomo_n_2472275.html

"The tentative agreement would further restrict New York's ban on assault weapons, limit the size of magazines to seven bullets, down from the current 10, and enact more stringent background checks for sales."

Is this thing going to pass in NYS?

Is it coming to NJ?

I wouldn't put it past them!

My response? I don't live in New York, so I can't leave. I don't work in New York any more so I can't quit. But I have kept my professional license active in New York ($600) and since there is little chance I'll ever work in New York again, I'll probably drop it the next time it comes up for renewal. Starve the beast any way I can!

If the epidemic spreads to New Jersey -- I telecommute to DC, and my wife just retired. It would be just another reason to move to the south.

Christie would never sign it into law in NJ, so how do u figure it is coming here?

Because NJ follows a lot of things that NY does. Just look at the talking and texting on the phone, NY did it, then NJ followed.

Sent from my LT28at using Tapatalk 2

Because NJ follows a lot of things that NY does. Just look at the talking and texting on the phone, NY did it, then NJ followed.

Sent from my LT28at using Tapatalk 2

The difference is that was actually a good law to impliment.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

^^^^This!!

Did you also catch the gem that the NY state police superintendent can deem any firearm that he seems has "military qualities" an assault weapon. They will be so kind as to make the list available to the public from time to time.

Mail, call, write and give folks! This is it!

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

but you can't act on it since i see people text all the time while their driving, and that's cops included

It's one of those laws that people choose to ignore and take the chance. I'm not one for texting/talking on the phone in the car, but I'm guilty of driving over the speed limit. I do it all the time. I think it's a stupid law, so I'm willing to take the risk.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

the post of the year right here my friends, we must fight this in EVERY state