DirtyDigz

NJ2AS 2/8 rally - Sign slogan brainstorming

"The Second Amendment is designed for those exceptionally rare circumstances where all other rights have failed. ... However improbable this contingency may seem today, facing it unprepared is a mistake a free people get to make only once." Judge A Kozinski, 9th Circuit

Our tunnel vision, ignoring their argument, its about saving children, and their tunnel vision,ignoring our argument, its about the second amendment, doesnt equal a winning argument, its a communication breakdown, are we having a preaching to the choir rally, or are we trying to reach people other than ourselves? Show of strength? Doesnt seem like that is having an effect, we have logic, but we need to convince using what they relate to, emotion, tv spots of women who saved themselves and or kids by having a gun, think outside the box and speak their language.

Which Amendment is Next?

That one is pretty damn powerful... Gave me chills...

Here's one I've been working on:

"if you limit my right to bear arms, I want to limit your right to worship."

I'm not trying to point toward any one religion, but give people something to think about. For example, if certain types of arms (granted to us via 2A) are deemed illegal, why don't we vet and restrict certain religions (granted to us via 1A)?

I'll edit this if it's too much, but this is the thing that's been keeping me up at night...

Which Amendment is Next?

The courts have spent the last forty years completely eviscerating the fourth and fifth amendments. Arming local and county police forces with armored vehicles and machine guns. Making no-knock raids a common occurrence and the thought of accountability an insult.

They called it "The War on Drugs" and "The War on Terror"

Now everyone is so concerned about the 2a because of ten round magazines? Where were you all when they were making ruling after ruling destroying your other rights?

People love the "frog in a covered pan" analogy and think this the part where they turn the heat on. Guess what, they turned the heat on years ago, it just got a little hotter today is all.

Don't tread on me.

I am a husband and a father. I own a gun to protect the ones I love.

2A to protect the ones I love.

(I think that the slogans should also "humanize" us to to the media and anti-gun crowd. They need to see that we are reasonable, sensible human beings. So far they've been demonizing us as bloodlusting criminals.)

Thanks for the ideas all, some good stuff in here.

I want to do some "due diligence" on a point before I consider making a sign out of it - Prior to the 9/11 terror attacks, were commercial airline pilots ever allowed to carry firearms? If they were at one point, and were subsequently prohibited, when did that change take place?