DirtyDigz

NJ2AS 2/8 rally - Sign slogan brainstorming

Another idea to appeal to "occupy" types, but needs some judicious editing for length:

"gun control is a fundamental violation of social justice, because it increases the inequity between the socio-economically powerful and the underprivileged. the wealthy get the best armed security that money can buy, while the poor are denied armed protection because they cannot afford it. this increases the dominance of the ruling class, and perpetuates the oppression of the proletariat."

Which Amendment is Next?

This is a good one. Thought provoking and doesn't sound like a typical "gun nut" slogan.

"Hate my AR because it's black."

I think that gives the chance for 'anti-fuel', comparing racism to guns. It has the potential to backfire, IMO.

I have an idea for one. At the top it would say AMERICA 2013: 10 round mags, No ARs, No AKs, A failing 4th Amendment, A 10th on its deathbed. Then on the bottom, AMERICA 2053: Single shots only, Speech license required, One state religion, No 4th Amendment, No 5th, No 8th, No 9th, and no 10th.

The text could use some work, but I think the idea is solid.

This is a good one. Thought provoking and doesn't sound like a typical "gun nut" slogan.

"Hate my AR because it's black."

I think that gives the chance for 'anti-fuel', comparing racism to guns. It has the potential to backfire, IMO.

Considering Danny Glover was telling people that the 2nd Ammendment was to prevent Slave revolts and put down Native Americans.

Considering Danny Glover was telling people that the 2nd Ammendment was to prevent Slave revolts and put down Native Americans.

I assume you are agreeing with me.

Religion, race, political affiliations should be left out of the slogans.

Thanks for the ideas all, some good stuff in here.

I want to do some "due diligence" on a point before I consider making a sign out of it - Prior to the 9/11 terror attacks, were commercial airline pilots ever allowed to carry firearms? If they were at one point, and were subsequently prohibited, when did that change take place?

Not really sure, I'll check when I get to work tomorrow if its not answered before then. I do remember, well not me, but my father when it's wasn't a problem to fly with your gun in you carry on bag. He'll my father still remembers how he passed some time on a flight out to Phoenix by cleaning 2 of the handguns he had in his bag on the flight.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My browser is warning me that the website in the URL is known for spyware, can anyone transcribe the stats and confirm?

Here's the site behind the tinyurl:

http://dailyanarchist.com/2012/07/31/auditing-shooting-rampage-statistics/

The stats were compiled in July '12, so they include Aurora but not Newtown.

We the People:

Pro personal liberty and private property

Pro free-market Capitalism

Pro US Constitution and the Bill of Rights

Pro 2nd Amendment and limiting the government's power

Obama:

Pro Obama; Pro government

Pro government control and czars

Pro government-controlled main-stream-Media

Pro excessive power and tyranny over We the People

Obama giveth offensive weapons to Muslim extremists and Mexican gangs.

Obama scheme to taketh defensive tools from honest American Citizens.