tony357

Gunny say's somebody picked the wrong GIRL.

I don't think the guy was going to rob her but he did not a bit rapey

Are there any laws or regulations preventing commericals for firearms or related products on the air?

no they have firearms commercials on the sportsman channel and outdoor channel all the time. its just that the major networks dont want to scare people by putting those commecials on.

its just that the major networks dont want to scare people by putting those commecials on.

That, and people generally aren't that fickle with guns. People will change what dish soap or deodorant they use all the time, depending what's cheaper, newer, smells better, etc. so those types of companies put a huge emphasis on advertisement because customer loyalty is usually low.

Guns are typically a high-dollar purchase, which typically involves lots of research on the part of the buyer. So they don't need to go as aggressively with advertisement.

Problem #1: She's got an interior grade lock on her exterior door.

Problem #2: She only has one lock on her door.

Problem #3: She should have put on the camo outfit and face paint after opening the safe.

problem #4: Wearing too much clothing

Guns are typically a high-dollar purchase, which typically involves lots of research on the part of the buyer. So they don't need to go as aggressively with advertisement.

How is that different from cars? I'd call them high-dollar as well and my TV is plastered with car dealer ads.

How is that different from cars? I'd call them high-dollar as well and my TV is plastered with car dealer ads.

I'd say mainly due to most companies now pursuing the lease model rather than a sales model. Companies and especially dealers loved to lease because it's money, then they can turn around and sell it "certified pre-owned" for near brand-new price 3 years later. Milk as much money from each car as possible.

In the lease model, car purchases are no longer $20, 30, 40 thousand dollar purchases, but instead they are $99/month vs $119 a month, etc. Although the car is worth a lot, yes, and it's a big purchase over time, it is not presented to the buyer that way. The commercials usually advertise rates for "well qualified" customers in which the car is presented as a $119 month purchase rather than something huge. And considering many people pay that much for cable or cell phone service these days, the buyers don't often see a car lease as a big purchase.

And for high line, the buyers are once again almost purely status oriented, and the difference in leases between a BMW, Mercedes, Audi, etc. can be presented as being as little of a difference as $20 between two choices if you advertise it the right way. You need to advertise the Mercedes holiday sales event $479 lease because BMW has a sales event for a $489 lease so you need to advertise your X-drive system, luxury features, etc.