Plinkster5000

Worst timing ever........

Well welcome to the forum.

Now how old are you, do you really believe in Santa??? Just kidding, out some away each day until they come in and see what you have saved when you stuff comes in. It can help pass the time

Second check out the NJ2AS link in my sig and think about joining and coming out in February and help us fight for our rights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good luck!

Out of my own curiosity, I searched the web to see what is available. Not counting the stuff on gun broker going for insane amounts of money, I was unable to find a single semi-auto rifle, in ANY caliber, that is currently available. Nothing from 2 of the webs largest distributors, and nothing from any of the manufacturers I could think of (must have checked over a dozen). Insane!

You can still order direct from some manufactures, but have no not seen an estimated weight time of less than 6 months.

There are a half a dozen firearms I have been wanting to get for a few months. I had the chance to get 4 of them about a month and a half ago. I didn't. Big mistake on my part. (Ironically, none are semi-auto rifles).

Also, as most know, there is almost no ammo available in most major (popular/common) calibers.

:(

I lived in NJ during the old AWB ban and got along just fine with 10 round mags. I mostly use 5 or 6 shot revolvers and have no delusions of extended shoot outs with anyone. My 5 shot saved my butt twice, once against 3 attackers. Studies show that over 90 percent of the time the encounters end without a shot being fired so do not worry. Your home defense plan should be to go to a safe room, not walk around taking shots at anything that moves. :) You will be fine.

If you are concerned about a SHTF situation take a tip from rebels or resistance fighters. Get good with your handgun so that you can use a gun to get a gun. Simple as that. Let the other guy buy the expensive fancy stuff and then take it from him because odds that they have not received any professional training in using their weapon and will be fumbling to remember how to turn on all that stuff and remove the lens cap and turn on the red dot, etc.. In the mean time your gun is ready to go immediately and you can politely ask them to lend you their rifle. :) Most mail clerks do not turn into Rambo simply because they own a gun just like the real soldiers do. I have been there and seen that and smelled the soiled pants. :)

Use a gun to get a gun. Words to live by. :)

I lived in NJ during the old AWB ban and got along just fine with 10 round mags. I mostly use 5 or 6 shot revolvers and have no delusions of extended shoot outs with anyone. My 5 shot saved my butt twice, once against 3 attackers. Studies show that over 90 percent of the time the encounters end without a shot being fired so do not worry. Your home defense plan should be to go to a safe room, not walk around taking shots at anything that moves. :) You will be fine.

If you are concerned about a SHTF situation take a tip from rebels or resistance fighters. Get good with your handgun so that you can use a gun to get a gun. Simple as that. Let the other guy buy the expensive fancy stuff and then take it from him because odds that they have not received any professional training in using their weapon and will be fumbling to remember how to turn on all that stuff and remove the lens cap and turn on the red dot, etc.. In the mean time your gun is ready to go immediately and you can politely ask them to lend you their rifle. :) Most mail clerks do not turn into Rambo simply because they own a gun just like the real soldiers do. I have been there and seen that and smelled the soiled pants. :)

Use a gun to get a gun. Words to live by. :)

Wow! Wisdom does not die and fade away.

It simply moves to Florida?

Welcome to the forum from another north Jersey guy. Hang in there brother, your time will come. (Although with the current state of affairs, it could take even longer than usual.). Meanwhile, hang out on the boards and enjoy some good gun talk.