reloaderguy

New York Gun Owners being encouraged to mass boycott new law(s)

Looks like the s**t is ready to hit the fan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.market-ti...www?post=216397

Lexington Common.... NY?

Hmmmm...

Assault-rifle owners statewide are organizing a mass boycott of Gov. Cuomo’s new law mandating they register their weapons, daring officials to “come and take it away,” The Post has learned.

Gun-range owners and gun-rights advocates are encouraging hundreds of thousands of owners to defy the law, saying it’d be the largest act of civil disobedience in state history.

“I’ve heard from hundreds of people that they’re prepared to defy the law, and that number will be magnified by the thousands, by the tens of thousands, when the registration deadline comes,’’ said Brian Olesen, president of the American Shooters Supply, one of the largest gun dealers in the state.

Some folks in Albany apparently forgot how the American Revolution actually started.

The British decided they would try to learn exactly who had muskets, ball and powder -- and intended to confiscate same. They sent a force to do exactly that, and were met by 70-odd Minutemen at Lexington Common, bearing arms.

The British ordered the Colonists to surrender their weapons. The Colonists refused.

Nobody is quite sure who shot first, but that was the actual start of the American Revolution.

It did not start over "taxation without representation", although it can certainly be aruged that we are in that state today, where we are taxed but as citizens ignored, especially when it comes to the outrageous and blatant activity of various entities, whether it be banks or health care related firms.

No, the actual shooting started over something much more basic -- the Crown's attempt to confiscate firearms.

I've repeatedly had this conversation with a number of people both online and off. It is simply shocking at how poor our educational system is today when it comes to matters of basic American history. Many people believe we went to war over taxes and that was the "spark" that set off the shooting.

They're wrong.

Oh sure, taxation was a big deal -- and we're talking about taxes of a couple of percent, as opposed to the 40+% levied today when one looks at local, state and federal taxes. Certainly this, along with many other abuses, was a factor.

But the fact remains that the actual cause of armed hostilities in 1775 was an attempt to confiscate military-style weapons from the citizens.

State officials will be nervously watching the registration figures to see how many gun owners comply, sources said.

I'd be nervous too.

After all, what comes next if the citizens refuse to comply? There are only two options, really -- either the State backs down and repeals the law or attempts to enforce it.

How do they plan on enforcing the laws they made..  the financial burdon on the leos and then jail... I hope they figured that out lmao. But good for them for standing up for there rights

They are not going to jail all at once. They will get scooped up over a period of years, perhaps decades. Besides, these are not crackheads. I'd bet most gun owners in NY have jobs. Although I don't know anything about their laws, I am sure they will get some fines and possibly proceeds from property seizures when they do. The lawyers will get paid for sure.

Lexington Common.... NY?

Some folks in Albany apparently forgot how the American Revolution actually started.

The British decided they would try to learn exactly who had muskets, ball and powder -- and intended to confiscate same. They sent a force to do exactly that, and were met by 70-odd Minutemen at Lexington Common, bearing arms.

The British ordered the Colonists to surrender their weapons. The Colonists refused.

Nobody is quite sure who shot first, but that was the actual start of the American Revolution.

It did not start over "taxation without representation", although it can certainly be aruged that we are in that state today, where we are taxed but as citizens ignored, especially when it comes to the outrageous and blatant activity of various entities, whether it be banks or health care related firms.

No, the actual shooting started over something much more basic -- the Crown's attempt to confiscate firearms.

Ah, yes - April 19, 1775

By the way, if you disobey the law and keep the firearms locked up in your home then Cumo will be happy as can be. That won't be much of a "boycott," nor an act of civil disobedience. Everybody will forget about it in a few months and people will just be scooped up sooner or later for whatever reason they have to run into cops over the next couple decades. Shit, people did that in NJ when the AWB started and still have their guns to this day. It didn't send any "message."

The only way it will have any meaning, the only way it will be a boycott, or civil disobedience, is if the Citizens don't restrict their normal behavior one bit. Take the firearms to the range on a regular basis. Carry firearms with 10 round mags. Or take them the the capitol building en masse and dare the police to arrest them.

By the way, if you disobey the law and keep the firearms locked up in your home then Cumo will be happy as can be. That won't be much of a "boycott," nor an act of civil disobedience. Everybody will forget about it in a few months and people will just be scooped up sooner or later for whatever reason they have to run into cops over the next couple decades. Shit, people did that in NJ when the AWB started and still have their guns to this day. It didn't send any "message."

The only way it will have any meaning, the only way it will be a boycott, or civil disobedience, is if the Citizens don't restrict their normal behavior one bit. Take the firearms to the range on a regular basis. Carry firearms with 10 round mags. Or take them the the capitol building en masse and dare the police to arrest them.

=+1000

The Govt doesnt have to do ANYTHING at all. All the have to do (if not done already) is something like NJ FID clause

and declare it as Felony with minimum of more than a year prison time.

The question of "Have you ever been ....a year or more..." comes up every where.

Unless people stop this drama before or immediately after it happens through stay from courts, lot of people jobs, lives are at stake.

The vultures in public office got luxury of just sitting back and watch the peasants suffer.

Well said.

agreed, go about your business

The irony is that today people advocate boycott, 8 years from now when some guy is headed to jail cause they found him with a 10 round mag in a traffic stop, or unregistered weapon, those same people will say "He didn't follow the law! You break the law that's what happens!" Source: Look at the hundreds of posts on this forum like that.

It's easy to hammering a nail at a time...five nails in short order...ten overtime....50 to a hunndred over time......it's exceedingly,difficult to do any if there are thousands or tens of thousands....but that will not happen...

Face it NOTHING is going to happen.....nothing.... It's all Internet bluster....they will register....they will comply..just like those in NJ will...if the time comes...

People live cushy lives today and daddy is not going to lose it all or spend time In jail over some guns....face it..be man enough to understand it....the idea of armed patriotic insurrection is not going to happen....

The only saviour to all this will be the legal system....

I agree and disagree at the same.

I agree that all this is tough talk.

I disagree that the legal system will save us. I say that because I HIGHLY doubt any Court is gonna go against the people who sign their paychecks. The Courts are in cahoots with the Capitol....think about it.

Just so everybody knows, if you filled out a 4473, you have already registered your gun. They will know who has what, talking like a big man about keeping your gun at home is one thing, but what are you gonna do when they show up with a warrant? Bury it? Hide in a wall? If thats what you need to do, then it's long past time actually needing the 2A.

S 265.37 UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF CERTAIN AMMUNITION FEEDING DEVICES. IT SHALL BE UNLAWFUL FOR A PERSON TO KNOWINGLY POSSESS AN AMMUNITION FEEDING DEVICE THAT SUCH PERSON LAWFULLY POSSESSED BEFORE THE EFFECTIVE DATE OF THE CHAPTER OF THE LAWS OF TWO THOUSAND THIRTEEN WHICH ADDED THIS SECTION, THAT HAS A CAPACITY OF, OR THAT CAN BE READILY RESTORED OR CONVERTED TO ACCEPT MORE THAN SEVEN BUT LESS THAN TEN ROUNDS OF AMMUNI TION, WHERE SUCH DEVICE CONTAINS MORE THAN SEVEN ROUNDS OF AMMUNITION. IF SUCH DEVICE CONTAINING MORE THAN SEVEN ROUNDS OF AMMUNITION IS POSSESSED WITHIN THE HOME OF THE POSSESSOR, THE PERSON SO POSSESSING THE DEVICE SHALL, FOR A FIRST OFFENSE, BE GUILTY OF A VIOLATION AND SUBJECT TO A FINE OF TWO HUNDRED DOLLARS, AND FOR A SECOND OFFENSE, BE GUILTY OF A CLASS B MISDEMEANOR AND SUBJECT TO A FINE OF TWO HUNDRED DOLLARS AND A TERM OF UP TO THREE MONTHS IMPRISONMENT. IF SUCH DEVICE CONTAINING MORE THAN SEVEN ROUNDS OF AMMUNITION IS POSSESSED IN ANY LOCATION OTHER THAN THE HOME OF THE POSSESSOR, THE PERSON SO POSSESSING THE DEVICE SHALL, FOR A FIRST OFFENSE, BE GUILTY OF A CLASS B MISDEMEANOR AND SUBJECT TO A FINE OF TWO HUNDRED DOLLARS AND A TERM OF UP TO SIX MONTHS IMPRISONMENT, AND FOR A SECOND OFFENSE, BE GUILTY OF A CLASS A MISDEMEANOR.

$200 would be Okay. I've gotten speeding tickets that cost me more than $200.

But if you're civilly disobedient in the privacy of your own home, and nobody will know you were, what is the point?

Just so everybody knows, if you filled out a 4473, you have already registered your gun. They will know who has what, talking like a big man about keeping your gun at home is one thing, but what are you gonna do when they show up with a warrant? Bury it? Hide in a wall? If thats what you need to do, then it's long past time actually needing the 2A.

At that point you have two choices. Take up arms and let shots ring out or give up peacefully and enjoy your jail sentence.

I would love to see a mass act of civil disobedience, I just dont think anyone has the stones.  The issue is that everyone has to trust everyone else to show up and do it.

I do, and I do.

You hit the nail on the head. Most talk a mean game behind a keyboard.

Maybe we'll see.

You can't even get the majority to commit to a rally......let alone a true civil disobedience situation.....

We'll see.....what transpires on the 8th will define our place regarding gun rights in NJ, if its a bust, we're fukked and best sell your guns or move, we get a good sized rally, well, we 'might' have a chance.

I am not optimistic.....during OGaM nobody cared, everybody said why should I care, I have my guns....that was a big blow. But last years call regarding the possible ammo ban, people came out of the woodwork....if all goes well, I'm prepared to eat crow.

Ya but if you sell it to someone else there is no record so you can just say you sold it and don't remember to who!

You hit the nail on the head. Most talk a mean game behind a keyboard.

It's the same old story: talk is cheap, so gun owners need to put up or shut up. If the worst happens, I'd like to think I would take up arms and defend the Constitution from its domestic enemies in office, but like everyone else I would be giving up a lot. I'm about to start a 6 year term in graduate school to get a PhD, which impacts my whole career and affects how well I expect to live and provide for a family. It's easy to talk tough, but a lot harder to actually sacrifice everything you have and hope to have.

If it gets bad enough, everyone has to make that decision for themselves. But I promise you this: if a civil war breaks out over this, I know which side I'll be on.

I agree with mipafox. Just keeping them at home won't be enough, and if I recall the figures for "registration" in NJ were dismally low.

Every once in awhile here in NJ , someone would get tagged, and the state and media would try to make it an example case to keep the fear going.

In NJ, the penalties are far greater then a $200 first offense fine, so the probability a mass civil disobedience of folks showing up somewhere with bayonet lugs and folding stocks is very low. If its true that with this new NY law, it is only a $200 misdemeanor fine, that's something I think people may be willing to chance. I hope so. Its either that or wait 4 years for SCOTUS, by which time you have to hope Bama hasn't corrupted it with one of his activist progressive judges.

We'll see.....what transpires on the 8th will define our place regarding gun rights in NJ, if its a bust, we're fukked and best sell your guns or move, we get a good sized rally, well, we 'might' have a chance.

I am not optimistic.....during OGaM nobody cared, everybody said why should I care, I have my guns....that was a big blow. But last years call regarding the possible ammo ban, people came out of the woodwork....if all goes well, I'm prepared to eat crow.

If Chrispy is going to be there and we have < 200 people we will look weak and will be toast! Go big or go home. There should be 1000 people there but sadly this is NJ and we get what we deserve. We have been silent for so long that many have already left the state in frustration.