njpilot

Another School Shooting, TX

CNN was reporting that this appears to be a beef between two parties. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that this probably gang-related...this "college" is a 2-yr community college that is located near the Houston airport....so you know what kind of crowd it will attract...

To those that feel like 'wtf is going on' with the increasing reports of "school shootings", take note of how quick the mainstream news is to label incidents like this as such. They're LOOKING for these headlines and will slap that label onto common gang violence and other kinds of incidents that are not happening at an above average rate, but ARE getting more coverage than they normally would of just because it enables the news to grab viewers by reporting that there has been 'another school shooting'.

We saw a similar effect with the number of "zombie like" acts of violence reported immediately after the incident on the bridge in FL. In reality, none of the subsequent attacks had much at all in common with that one particularly horrible incident, but the news was so desperate to keep their claws in the viewers that they honestly tried to manufactur the appearance of a significant increase in zombie/canabalistic attacks.

To those that feel like 'wtf is going on' with the increasing reports of "school shootings", take note of how quick the mainstream news is to label incidents like this as such. They're LOOKING for these headlines and will slap that label onto common gang violence and other kinds of incidents that are not happening at an above average rate, but ARE getting more coverage than they normally would of just because it enables the news to grab viewers by reporting that there has been 'another school shooting'.

We saw a similar effect with the number of "zombie like" acts of violence reported immediately after the incident on the bridge in FL. In reality, none of the subsequent attacks had much at all in common with that one particularly horrible incident, but the news was so desperate to keep their claws in the viewers that they honestly tried to manufactur the appearance of a significant increase in zombie/canabalistic attacks.

Ratings, ratings, ratings...and "journalist" awards - and I use the term journalist as litely as possible.

Seriously....

I'm SOOOO effing sick of that retort. The people who say that don't like to be asked if they "need" their 200hp car, or if they "need" a smartphone.

(I know you were being facetious Pizza Bob.)

No, that was in regard to the quote in the same post. I'm sick of the defeatist mentality, even in jest.