dtown223

9mm carbine options?

Kicking around throwing my FDE G19 on GB to help finance a 9mm carbine..

So far looks like my options are all going @ 2X list, if available at all but what I've turned up is:

-Kel Tec Sub2k

-berrtta cx4 storm

-used ruger pc9

-used marlin camp carbine

-build 9mm AR

-buy 9mm AR

-hi point 995

Am I overlooking anything here?

I love the 9mm AR build idea, but I'm a little intimidated by it, seems to be more difficult than a standard 5.56 build

If you go with the 9mm ar idea, know that there are two main designs and the parts don't interchange.

Olympic puts the ejector in the upper receiver and uses either modified or custom magazines.

Colt and RRA put the ejector's in the magazines and you need a mag well adapter in a standard AR or a custom lower.

Either design works.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Sig Sauer just unveiled a new hotness at Shot SHOW that is amazing. It's called Sig MPX, and there are 5 versions, 4 of which are LE/MIL and 1 is going to b commercial civilian. It is being called a Submachine gun, its like a Sig MP5 but built around the AR style. the carbine version is not for everyone , because it has like 6.5" bbl (surrounded by a new age carbon fiber handguard, the design that looks like you can bolt pic rails on to if you want to make it a quad rail and/or attach accessories a piece at a time) with this crazy looking 9.5" open muzzle brake. IT TURNS OUT, the metal railing of the muzzle brake is the BAFFLES OF AN INTEGRAL SUPPRESSOR , but its going to be legal, AND IF you live in a free state, you apply for your NFA stamp etc. then get a simple simple metal tube sleeve, drop it over the 'baffles' of this muzzle brake, put a cap on the end, and its the integral suppressor MPX!

*and* it is a 9mm with supposedly on the fly user-adjustable quick-changes, to .40 cal and .357 SIG. AND it has a MP5A3 style sliding small/thin submachine stock but apparently available with a folding stock.

I am ALL ABOUT THIS, I would buy this at once, and I may be moving to a free state, in which case it would become my first NFA item. It really looks awesome for range fun and home defense.

I recently aquired a new Hi-point 995. I've got a forgrip, aimpoint RDS/Laser and a few other small options on it. It's my new favorite toy. After two range trips and about 500 rounds, i've had zero FTF/FTE. For the price you cant beat it.

Lots to think about, thanks all

I've owned the hi point previously and was pleased with its accuracy & performance, I'm trying to really weigh all my options before I pull the trigger, (groan!)

The DDLES lower taking glock mags is a big plus since I have glock 9mm pistols already

Keep the G19, sell something else. I made that mistake, TWICE last year.

Too funny-I sold two HD shotguns this year and ended up deciding I couldn't live without one

The FDE g19's are fetching some retarded $$ on GB these days, my nefarious plan is: sell FDE, buy plain black replacement g19, use extra cash toward 9mm AR build

Selling is the easy part..actually finding this stuff is daunting

May have to cool my heels til things smooth out

Love my cheap keltec sub2k

$330

Got one last year, took 1 week to get it. Came in wrong, was G17 instead of 19. Was silver instead of all black. Number on box didn't match item in box, but the increased cost was correct for the silver model.

Called Kel-Tec, they told me 8-12 weeks to have it changed to all black and a G19 grip, at my cost.

Figured no big deal, returned it the dealer and ordered the correct all black version. That was April 2012 - still waiting.

$330

Got one last year, took 1 week to get it. Came in wrong, was G17 instead of 19. Was silver instead of all black. Number on box didn't match item in box, but the increased cost was correct for the silver model.

Called Kel-Tec, they told me 8-12 weeks to have it changed to all black and a G19 grip, at my cost.

Figured no big deal, returned it the dealer and ordered the correct all black version. That was April 2012 - still waiting.

I think I know your ffl, I do a lot of business with him and he was telling me a story just like that. It might be a long wait.

Unfortunately, this is a rotten time to be looking for a rifle, so if you find any of those at a good price, go for it.

The CX-4 costs too much for what it is. Beretta worries little about the build quality on these. The parts rattle and wobble. That said, they shoot well and never fail. They look cool, weigh little and swing quickly.