skorpion317

Guy arrested in Jersey City for "Assault" weapon possession

Common guys!!

I am not saying this guys did the right thing or anything...

but perhaps he just bought that upper and was waiting for his compensator to arrive so he could get it pinned..perhaps those mags were 15/30 Pmags..

we still need to chip in and help him out.. at least it can set beneficial legal precedent.

I will chip in.

Really? Good thing they did not search my house finding a hammer, kitchen knives and a few baseball bats that were similar and used in tens of thousands of deaths from around the globe.

Just as long as they aren't black. Then they are evil assault weapons.

I'd like to get the entire story before I make a decision of whether or not to help this guy, but if things are as they seem and this guy got busted over an illegal search and seizure, he would deserve our support. Hell, even if it was a fair grab, the law isn't right, and not fighting against it is just as bad as casting your vote for the people who put this crap up.

why would we donate ?? guy broke the law, it is what it is

Wow, everyone is throwing this guy under the bus! What happend to, "I'm not going to comply... come and get them...". I don't know any more about this than the news article, but if this is this gonna be the same reaction if they outlaw semi autos, or 1rd limit? "We must all hang together, or assuredly, we shall all hang separately"

Would not surprise me if they were 15/30 Pmags... pinned brake and a bipod adapter mounted on the bottom rail..lol

I smell something real funny goin on here. I can see it all over the news tonight.. man found with assault weapons and ammo near school.. a tragedy has been averted...

Not good...not good..

Molon Labe

the landlord has to get your permission for this..they cannot enter without your knowledge,,,

I'd like to get the entire story before I make a decision of whether or not to help this guy, but if things are as they seem and this guy got busted over an illegal search and seizure, he would deserve our support. Hell, even if it was a fair grab, the law isn't right, and not fighting against it is just as bad as casting your vote for the people who put this crap up.

Wow, everyone is throwing this guy under the bus! What happend to, "I'm not going to comply... come and get them...". I don't know any more about this than the news article, but if this is this gonna be the same reaction if they outlaw semi autos, or 1rd limit? "We must all hang together, or assuredly, we shall all hang separately"

You guys have it right. Let us all give him the benefit of the doubt for now, for two reasons.

1. The early news is usually wrong/incomplete

2. The news in general doesn't know bupkiss about firearms so they're probably wrong

So yes, I'm going to hold off on donations until we know more, but let's at least wait and see the facts before we pass judgement!

Most troubling to me is how the JCPD made a specific point to notify schools in the area that they arrested someone with a "dangerous weapon".

Since when is it procedure, and I'd really like to see their frequency of communication whenever someone is arrested in JC with a firearm...

It's going to get a whole lot worse before it gets any better at this rate.

Two words.... Brian Aitken

I am not donating, nor do I suggest others do without knowing the full story. Nor do I appreciate someone with 8 posts just posting this. However I will leave it up for people to make up their own minds.

I do have two friends who are facebook friends with him, so will ask them what they know about the person, however I suggest people do their due diligence.

OP, if you want to message me the full details, I would be more receptive to this.

Edit... instead of giving money to some random person online, find out who he is represented by, and give the money to the attorney or a defense fund if you wish... not to anyone who took 5 mins to start an online donation request. Lastly, if he is currently arrested, perhaps giving out all the details is not the best thing.

Bottom line, it just does not smell kosher.

If the facebook that was posted is his, he is screwed. He supports freedom so no doubt those with authority will do what they can to paint him as an extremist and try and take his away. I have found from expirience that authoritarians hate libertarians.

personally this guy is a clown. Just looking for attention. Looking at the other videos he is just an attention seeker. Another infowars clown. Don't know the details about the search and seizure but no way will i be sending any money to help this joker out

personally this guy is a clown. Just looking for attention. Looking at the other videos he is just an attention seeker. Another infowars clown. Don't know the details about the search and seizure but no way will i be sending any money to help this joker out

Seeking attention or not, he has the balls to do what many would not.

I am waiting for the reason though why they came to his house. Yes, he did make some NYPD and PAPD cops look like idiots.... so I understand it... and he did have non-kosher stuff.... but acting for attention is not a reason for the search and seizure.

2 of my friends went to high school with him, myself included, however I did not know him personally, 1 friend seemed to think he was an ok guy.... waiting to hear from the other who was in his class.

Seeking attention or not, he has the balls to do what many would not.

I am waiting for the reason though why they came to his house. Yes, he did make some NYPD and PAPD cops look like idiots.... so I understand it... and he did have non-kosher stuff.... but acting for attention is not a reason for the search and seizure.

agreed

We know. You are the authoritarian type I speak of. I wouldn't want to be one of the officers that ends up on youtube from someone like him either.

It was Jersey City -- now many NJ cities have a mayor who was convicted of obstructing justice for a bar fight and was photographed nude on his porch?

http://www.nytimes.c...mayor.html?_r=0

Unless I there is more information from reliable sources, I remain skeptical. The AR and magazines might or might not be the kosher variety. I would be willing to bet a cyber-nickel that the collective body of knowledge about ARs, magazine capacities and the intricacies of New Jersey firearm law that's available here at this website is greater than that of the typical Jersey City landlord or patrolman.

If the rifle and magazines are in fact kosher and he spent a few days in the hoosegow because they don't know what they are doing -- he could become a rich man.

If not, sayonara!

We'll see.