skorpion317

Guy arrested in Jersey City for "Assault" weapon possession

Sorry, PK90, but within the last few months, numerous people have had their rights violated, and some of them were arrested - pretty much for being law-abiding gun owners. NJGunForums users included. From what I've read and watched, Keith was in total compliance of NJ law.

It's disgusting that this Nanny-state, along with other Nanny-states and the Fed, encourage the masses to have a "watchful eye" on those who believe in the Constitution. Seriously, isn't it on some Fed website that conservatives/constitutionalists are deemed to be "radicals" and "terrorists"? I wish I could find the link...

It's deeply sickening.

I am not saying it was right to search the apartment (I hope this is the right case), in fact it was illegal to do so, IMO. I thought the illegal search turned up illegal firearms. If they were legal, then I withdrawal my previous statement referring to "A man, who's done nothing wrong".

Ah, I understand. It was my understanding that Keith was in total compliance, and that the police really laid out bogus charges against him. We will see as the case continues.

I've come to the conclusion that if you live in NJ (with the exception of a few gun-friendly townships) and a cop somehow sees firearms in your home, you'll most likely get arrested because that's simply the attitude and lack of understanding on the officers' part.

So do we know exactly why they thought the AR was an assault rifle? Sorry it may have been touched on but i didnt want to search 9 pages. Was it really a pinned 30 round mag that caused it??

We. Don't. Know.

This. The bottom line is that we don't know. I haven't seen a detailed list of what was found in the apartment. I haven't heard Mr. Nappen nor Mr. Pantaleon claim everything found was NJ legal. They may very well have, I just haven't heard it.

All I've heard is that the search was illegal and the judge seemed to have agreed since it released Mr. Pantaleon on his own recognizance.

I am not saying it was right to search the apartment (I hope this is the right case), in fact it was illegal to do so, IMO. I thought the illegal search turned up illegal firearms. If they were legal, then I withdrawal my previous statement referring to "A man, who's done nothing wrong".

Paul if they really found "Assault Weapons" and illegal "High Cap mags", do you think he would have been released OR?

This is NJ. They don't care how much of our money they will piss away in a trial they couldn't win because of bad evidence.

I don't know, but am willing to bet plain old ar and 15/30 mags.

Even if his guns were illegal, if they were recovered in an unlawful search, it would get tossed.

But... for the newbies.... I will repeat it again and again....

There are always three sides to the story.

I don't think anyone will argue if the guns were acquired legally or not.... and the attention of the case should be on the illegal search....

However in all likelihood, his AR was illegal and he had standard capacity mags.

Are the laws stupid? Yes.... did he break them? probably.

Its like getting pulled over for doing 100 mph and getting it thrown out in court because the radar detector was not 100% calibrated.

Brian Aitken...... Brian Aitken.... Brian Aitken.

Btw, what is up with Nappen's clients not knowing when the shut the heck up while their case is pending.

Get the charges dropped first, THEN make a huge stink about it.

Pete, in the grand scheme of things... I am sure many people get off ROR with illegal gun charges... but they are typically criminals and we just don't hear about it. This guy is just lucky someone found the post in a paper and a friend of mine knew him.

You think owning standard 30 round capacity magazines and a normal AR-15 is wrong? It might be illegal in NJ, but to say that is wrong? I'd say choosing to live in NJ is far more wrong than either of those things.

I guess that is wrong............

Paul if they really found "Assault Weapons" and illegal "High Cap mags", do you think he would have been released OR?

This is NJ. They don't care how much of our money they will piss away in a trial they couldn't win because of bad evidence.

I don't know, but am willing to bet plain old ar and 15/30 mags.

Why not??? that is an option for just about ANY non-violent charge, including Indictables below IIRC 2nd degree. We used to do it all the time, Charge them on a summons complaint as opposed to a warrant complaint, with a CJP appearance as opposed to mun icipal court. it's done EVERY DAY.

Hi everybody,

To get my side of the story, you can go to http://suijurisinfowarrior.blogspot.com/.

My name is Keith Pantaleon, and on January 24th I was arrested for being a gun owner in NJ, if it wasn't for my loved ones who retained Evan Nappen, I would still be in jail. I'm still waiting to receive my court date, please pray for me, pray for America and pray for freedom. Thank you all.

Hi everybody,

To get my side of the story, you can go to http://suijurisinfowarrior.blogspot.com/.

My name is Keith Pantaleon, and on January 24th I was arrested for being a gun owner in NJ, if it wasn't for my loved ones who retained Evan Nappen, I would still be in jail. I'm still waiting to receive my court date, please pray for me, pray for America and pray for freedom. Thank you all.

Welcome to the forum!

Hang tough, this state would love to see all gun owners behind bars....

Glad you were able to secure Nappen.

Hopefully this incident will prevent NJ Gun Owners from ever being treated as criminals ever again.

And thank you from welcoming me to the forum.

Keith, welcome to the forum, to whom you owe thanks for donating to your defense. Quite a few members from here did... As you can see over the 10 pages.

I am sure you are also aware of Brian Aitken.

Yes, the gun laws in NJ are stupid... but they are the laws right now.

I am sure the guns you purchased, you purchased legally from an FFL.... but I think Paul was asking about if they were NJ legal.

All my weapons were purchased through a FFL and I had CCWs from Florida & Nevada, wanted to get another CCW from NJ next but I guess all the "hype" I heard about NJ is not hype to me anymore.

That's was not the question you were asked. I understand why you would be quiet on the subject, though.

All my weapons were purchased through a FFL and I had CCWs from Florida & Nevada, wanted to get another CCW from NJ next but I guess all the "hype" I heard about NJ is not hype to me anymore.

Do yourself a favor and stop posting until after the matter is settled.

Not everyone here is a friend and this site is probably monitored by the Antis

Remember

No such thing a an illegal gun in this world

We only have undocumented guns

Good luck

Do yourself a favor and stop posting until after the matter is settled.

Not everyone here is a friend and this site is probably monitored by the Antis

Remember

No such thing a an illegal gun in this world

We only have undocumented guns

Good luck

That's good advice, don't post here anymore about your case and good luck with it. You're in good hands w/ Nappen.

And does anyone here really expect or even want him to possibly hurt his defense by giving all of his information out on this site to satisfy your curiosity?

it would make more sense to say.."i cant really discuss the matter till the case is over" instead of generic avoidant i bought them from an ffl and have such and such ccw permits.

What he said. =)

There is nothing wrong with having a discussion, however I would not put up here anything that is not true. =)