Avi

How many here stopped shopping at Dicks

Dont care who does/doesn't shop there

I'll spend my money with companies that didn't turn their back on us

Still good deals to be found out there..

Theres a company that begins with "C"

Sends BIG catalogs...

I like those guys

What I posted in a similar thread

"I'm just curious, what's worse Dicks, who is selling ammo at a reasonable price, or some of the local places (and online retailers) that are gouging? Yeah, so Dicks isn't selling black rifles anymore, then again they aren't a** raping you @ .$80 a round for .223 and 5.56 either"

A friend of mine was buying a gun here on the forums and the seller offered to throw in some ammo. When he told me the price I laughed, with friends like that.... It was double what you could pay at Dicks. Oh and YES I was out there today.

I'm not fond of them and haven't bought anything from them since this mess started, but consider this .. At what point are you cutting off your nose to spite your face? I did walk into a Dicks a couple of days ago and ammo shelves were bare. Someone is buying it. It doesn't matter how many people on boards beat their chests, they are selling everything they can shelve.

Is your boycott successful? Hell no, they'll never notice it.

Are you in effect boycotting yourself by not buying ammo at reasonable prices? Hell yes.

Would I stand by you if you decided to not buy from them on principle? Hell yes.

Would I blame someone from buying their ammo? Hell no, I rather they be able to afford some ammo and stay involved in the shooting sports instead of just giving up on the whole thing.

Here is another thing. Its cold out there right now. We just had a storm. If your power went out and they were open and you needed some propane cylinders or sleeping bags or hand warmers would you still boycott them? I'm only asking because there is a hell of a power outage in the ammo market right now and the heat is out, and we all starving for more ammo. I wouldn't fault anyone for going in and buying ammo while skipping the North Face jacket or the shoes.

I'm pretty sure that Dicks doesn't make a large margin on ammo anyway and their retarded hand holding process of ammo checkout is so time consuming for their employees it might actually lose them money.

I prefer to support local mom an pop shops, they are, however, difficult to find. We have a baseball specific shop in Westwood, as well as a hockey specific shop, ridgewood has a lacrosse specific shop, we have a sports authority in Paramus (not sure where they stand), all I need is a soccer and football shop locally and my kids are covered. As for firearms, Ramsey Outdoors (Ramsey), the BulletHole and Mastodon all receive my money locally and a few online shops. As for AR parts, uppers, etc... My money will go to LaRue, especially after their stance on local laws forced on civilians.

I stopped shopping at dicks as soon as they pulled the BS with the Troy Systems. There are plenty of places that I can support for all of my needs and it supports the small towns and communities. I don't mind the markup, where for the big chains, it is all based on profit margins.

I don't like Dick's, but until I'm able to good ammo elsewhere, I'll continue shopping there. I still get rewards and can use those on ammo.

agreed... I buy ammo at a reasonable cost.. I get reward points.. then get more money off of already reasonable ammo... for me.. that is a good deal.. they were never a "pro2a gun shop" that turned their back on us.. they are a soccer mom sporting goods store that MOST of us already claimed we would never buy a gun from anyway... did we boycott them because they didnt carry handguns? I will continue to shop there as long as they treat me respectfully , and provide me good pricing..

how much?

In that case I'd stand corrected.

On a side note the only thing Dick's has going for them is the Lodge department. Their prices are sky high compared to other retailers(Sports Authority, Models, etc), additionally their staff lacks proper training. If 2A supporters and hunters stood together on this issue they WOULD notice a difference.

In that case I'd stand corrected.

On a side note the only thing Dick's has going for them is the Lodge department.  Their prices are sky high compared to other retailers(Sports Authority, Models, etc), additionally their staff lacks proper training. If 2A supporters and hunters stood together on this issue they WOULD notice a difference.

There is no "if." It will make a difference. America and just New Jersey, where I understand your options for ammo are a little more limited. They are going to lose sales for many years.

I agree with most on here about boycotting Dicks, however I do admit to stopping in the store to pick-up a plastic ammo box thast will lock, 15 dollars. I paid cash and the cashier asked me if i had the rewards card. I do not carry it so I gave them my name and then zip code. Then he asked me to select the answer on the keypad to finalize the purchase, is asked ARE YOU A CITIZEN OF THE US YES OR KNOW?

I asked why are they asking this and was told, you.'re buying a plastic box that could hold ammunition. Never again will I provide my info or purchase from that store.

I buy clays there - have been and I intend to continue.

If I were in the market for another AR, I'd have one custom built, build it myself, or get one through a vendor here. While I'm disappointed they caved to political pressure - realistically, I'd never buy an AR there, so I can't be too upset that a store stops selling something I would never buy.

If they stop selling clays and cleaning supplies, I'll stop shopping there.

Just bought some fishing and camping gear there last week and building up my points to get some ammo later....would I buy a firearm there? Perhaps if the price is right.

This is a pretty minor issue to get all worked up over. I don't care where you shop, I just urge all members here to get as many other people involved in shooting as you can. Next time you're going to the range, bring a friend, neighbor, family member, coworker, etc. The average citizen's fear/apathy is the single biggest threat we face.

If you boycott Dick's but don't act as a firearms ambassador in your community, don't run around thinking you're actually doing shit for the cause.