Avi

How many here stopped shopping at Dicks

If you boycott Dick's but don't act as a firearms ambassador in your community, don't run around thinking you're actually doing shit for the cause.

+1,000

I'm taking a few non gun owners I work with shooting next weekend. What do you think contributes more to our cause: introducing four people who have never shot a gun to shooting as a safe, responsible and fun sport, or posting on a forum "boycotting" Dicks for being "Un-American?"

Don't know if anyone cars. But over the last 3 months Dicks stock price is down about 3 percent and Cabelas is up Ten percent. Actually Cabelas was up 25 percent just prior to a couple of days ago and ironically it went lower after the congress votes failed.

+1,000

I'm taking a few non gun owners I work with shooting next weekend. Who do you is think contributing more to our cause: me, by introducing four people who have never shot a gun to shooting as a safe, responsible and fun sport, or some people on a forum "boycotting" Dicks for being "Un-American?"

I've been doing both. Took three newbies out and they absolutely loved it, and I got a few more lined up. Not shopping at dick's because they're... well, dicks. Plus from what I've seen, Cabela's prices are a lot better.

Dicks is the only place that hasn't gouged on ammo prices. While everyone else, who still sells ARs, charges double for ammo, dicks still charges today what they charged 6 months ago. Come to think of it, I have been at dicks in freehold, Paramus and Edison, and I've never seen any of them selling AR, ever, they never sold pistols either. Needless to say, I will keep shopping there. Just because they don't sell ARs doesn't make them anti-gun.

I stopped shopping for all but "necessity" items, which would only include sports items for my children that I can't find elsewhere or need immediately and can't find online.

Having 3 young children involved in 6+ spots makes it difficult to completely boycott them, but I did send them a letter informing them that the $$$ we usually spend will be going elsewhere and I turned in all of my preferred customer cards.

They screwed the pooch on the gun issue I know I hate them for it but I live in the real world. I still need them from time to time, mind you before all the stuff went down I shopped there all the time, now very rarely step foot in there but I keep my purchases small after all it's fishing season and on occasion they have some good deals on some small things. Other than that I will drive the 2 hours to Cabelas , Bass Pro, or Gander Mountain in PA.