Pizza Bob

Law & Public Safety Hearing

BOYS... I had a conversation with God a while back. (If you think THAT's weird, get me to the 3rd glass of wine and telling stories.) The gist of it was "OK, God... you want me to go out and run my mouth... THAT I can do... but I'd need an army to put a dent in this.. that's YOUR job, the providing part."

So my question to this group is: ARE you the Christian Soldiers who are willing to do battle with me against Goliath with slings and rocks? Our slings are us, our rocks are our voices, our feet, our passion to see rightness return to our society. If so then that general staff group needs to meet... like NOW.

What say you all? Are you boys willing to follow where a GIRL leads?????

bFtY4.gif

Keep in mind though, a lot of us aren't particularly Christian, and gun ownership is not a left vs right or atheism vs religion issue. Whatever follows must recognize that or lots of people will be alienated.

Ancient Aliens is fine by me. <grin> Makes no never mind what religion you are <or lack thereof> as long as your heart is in the right place. We who served pledged to defend.. and defend we must, for whatever personal reasons we might have. Anyone who's offended by me saying "My boss is GOD", well, that's their problem. I'm not offended if they prefer the space travelers theory, I happen to be a Si-Fi nut. <g>

No... but David was a Jew.

So it was a mixed metaphor.. Shoot me <grin> Don't you guys SEE what the PC crowd has done to you? You are SCARED... AFRAID... Oh, Heaven forbid we say things we believe in our hearts.....

I have prayed to MY God for relief for the poor, those being beggared by taxation, for the children who's live are being DESTROYED by those in power today that deny them their futures... And some of you want to **** about me using my PRAYERS to get this done?

Maybe I'm in the wrong place and should just go elsewhere where folk have the COURAGE OF THEIR CONVICTIONS and are not AFRAID to say it!

It NO WONDER we are in the mess we're in when you get JUMPED by saying you PRAY....

There were some interesting points made OUTSIDE the building at the mini rally as well. Too bad nobody recorded them.

I saw somebody with a video camera or 2.

Since we were not allowed inside we made the best out of the situation and had our own mini rally, alot of us took advantage of the open mic , shared stories, views, etc.

and battled with a crazy homeless man in a red vest acting belligerent .

Let me give you all my assessment of the problem.. (without the "G" word).

The problem is with corrupt leadership. This said leadership tromps on everyone. Each of those everyones is sensitive to a particular boot in the butt. Y'all respond when the boot comes down on the 2nd Amendment. Another group parental rights, another health care, school choice and on and on with the various issue groups.

But it's ONE set of folk doing this and we have hundred's of little issue groups out there saying "oh, let's stick within the framework (cage) we've created for ourselves." You could think of it analogous to WW2 with each of the NATO countries being their own issue. USA was very isolationist and we found out how well that works.

Issue groups are ISOLATIONIST. There are hundreds of groups of ALLIES out there who will march with you, fight with you, do GOTV with you.. BUT, only IF you open up to recognizing we cannot beat this ONE SET of folk doing all the damage if we do not UNITE and reach out beyond our own issue.

I'll tell you, the folk who are fighting abortion I work with on School Choice, and I support R v Wade. They know it, I respect their POV and they mine, but while we are in UNIFORM fighting another battle we don't focus on our differences, but we focus on what UNITES us. ie: Limited constitutional Government, fiscal and personal responsibility, support of the free market.

Your group is just ONE of the many Troops out there around the state trying to get rid of that one set of bad leaders and replace them with better ones. You for 2nd Amd, others for their own reasons. As I tell folk, you don't have to LIKE each other, (I don't think Patton & MontGomery liked each other very much). or even agree with each other on any particular issue as long as you're fighting for the constitution (for any reason) you are a potential ally for the overall grass roots AMERICAN movement.

I'll tell ya something else (like it or not), I went in the Navy at 18 in 1970 and was an Air Traffic Controller, not a nurse or clerk, and I fought (literally) for my place and my RIGHT to serve. When I got to A-School the Marine Gunny told me in no uncertain terms "You bring any girly sissy hurt-feelings crap into MY house and I'll boot your a$$". My base commander had a naked Barbie doll on his desk, and you navy boys know the jokes about Waves-tempertaure-ocean... So I don't really care all that much if someone's sensitivities are flustered. THIS IS A WAR for the future of AMERICA... Feeling are not important.. and ACTION plan is.

It's TIME to step out and get busy and stop jawing the problems to death. To build the GOTV infrastructure we need to WIN. I'd love to recruit you ALL as a group to join the greater effort. But, if you choose to come, leave your personal sensitivities at the door, and let's focus on the mission at hand. Not irrelevancies.

You can find me on Face Book.. Nora Craig If any of you are serious about roll up selves and getting hand dirty send a friend request and we'll chat. I had great hopes that a group of MEN, many of you veterans, would have the appreciation for, and understanding of military discipline, to help provide a strong backbone around which we could form the district efforts we need.

Y'all chew on that. I'll go back to praying. (and running my mouth, as ordered).

Hugs

Thanks to djg0070... Got your 6 anytime, Bro.

Nora

I just wish you would separate the religion from "the battle". In no way am I a religious person. Obviously from your last post, you can coherently discuss this topic very well without bringing in religion. Please consider how much broader your reach would be without the use of religion. It has nothing to do with being afraid. I have never been, nor will I ever be afraid to say what I have to say.

I just wish you would separate the religion from "the battle". In no way am I a religious person. Obviously from your last post, you can coherently discuss this topic very well without bringing in religion. Please consider how much broader your reach would be without the use of religion. It has nothing to do with being afraid. I have never been, nor will I ever be afraid to say what I have to say.

Since the youth has done away with religion they have lost all sence of morals, standards and decency.

Flame suit on

Take God out of the kids, and the devil has taken over.

I'm not a relgious person by any means, but if people wish to use religion in their argument I'm fine with that. The country was started with the pursuit of relgious freedom ,and we need to respect that.

I also think the lack of God, relgion, zero morals, poor up bringing, and all this political correctness is part of the " bigger issues"...

/standing behind Rays flame suit.

This is Frank's and Scott's point behind WEAR YOUR DAILY WORK CLOTHES to these type of events.

Like everything, "it depends". I telecommute (I don't think I'm alone). I'm not sure something like PJs and bunny slippers would be appropriate....

I think "the clothes I'd wear to court to fight a traffic ticket or wear to a job interview" might come across better.

Like everything, "it depends". I telecommute (I don't think I'm alone). I'm not sure something like PJs and bunny slippers would be appropriate....

I think "the clothes I'd wear to court to fight a traffic ticket or wear to a job interview" might come across better.

Yeah, yeah, you know what I meant Bob. :rolleyes:

Since the youth has done away with religion they have lost all sence of morals, standards and decency.

Flame suit on

Take God out of the kids, and the devil has taken over.

Disagree on this - just my personal view :-)

There are many examples of people who state they believe/follow one deity or another, and then do 'bad things'; and plenty of others who do not believe/follow and do good things. Both in history and in the current times there are many many examples of the evil carried out by man in the name of a deity...

Good moral values and respect are what is lacking from parts of society - both from the youth and adults of today. You don't need to be religious or believe in a deity to have either.

We do however seem to be heading off topic.

Just my 2c

TheWombat

Good moral values and respect are what is lacking from parts of society - both from the youth and adults of today. You don't need to be religious or believe in a deity to have either.

I would agree with this to an extent. The problem of course is that anything that teaches real moral values in school and life has been ejected. Many of the ten commandments are reasonable rules for living, and indicate a real respect for others.

I would agree with this to an extent. The problem of course is that anything that teaches real moral values in school and life has been ejected. Many of the ten commandments are reasonable rules for living, and indicate a real respect for others.

I don't disagree that the Ten Commandments are reasonable values for living - however there is no need to be religious or believe in a deity in order to live a life that values respect to others.

Teachers and parents can teach their children to respect others without the need to preach or include any religion.

TheWombat

Disagree on this - just my personal view :-)

There are many examples of people who state they believe/follow one deity or another, and then do 'bad things'; and plenty of others who do not believe/follow and do good things. Both in history and in the current times there are many many examples of the evil carried out by man in the name of a deity...

Agree 100%

What WE need to do is NOT fight among ourselves, and this includes chest-bumpin over religion OR ANYTHING ELSE! Stick to the matter-at-hand! Nora is quite right, and shame on anyone for "correcting" her. If WE as a GROUP are going to WIN this battle for OUR RIGHTS we have to bite our respective lips and not even bring dissenting points of view up in threads like this, for they are merely counter-productive to our cause! Anyone who can't see this (or "the trees for the forest") is either an idiot, a shill or a provocateur. ALL races, colors, creeds, religions, stations in life, etc. are in this giant mixing bowl and under the microscope. Our 2A ENEMIES are WATCHING and probing for a WEAKNESS! We need to all "behave" and "be respectful" of everybody else in the bowl, cause we're fighting an up-hill battle as it is. This is NO time to worry about Black/White, Religious/Atheist, Democrat/Republican, Obama voter (or NOT), Gay/Straight/Bi-Curious, ETC., ETC.

IN OTHER WORDS, THIS IS ALL HANDS ON DECK! KEEP YOUR EGO IN YOUR POCKET, YOU'RE MOUTH SHUT AND JUST GET THE DAMN JOB DONE!

PUT YOUR ENERGY INTO DEFEATING THESE PROPOSED BILLS!

o-k, RANT off.....

Dave

Old Fudd, Shootist

Well said...I would just add ONE TINY THING........ we should NOT be calling for armed insurrection at this time......or the forming of militias on the forum....just wanted to toss it in and I apologize if it was out of order in relation to your post!

Nick,

Good POINT, and sorry I missed it in my RANT! A welcome addition, so THANKS for the back-up!

Precisely how our country has gotten so far off course. The goal of progressivism is remove anything and everything that stands for freedom , individualism and self sufficiency. Most people who are against progressivism and moral decay have also bought into the lie that religion is offensive and the cause of our demise. However it is the opposite that is true... Where do we as a society get our litmus for right and wrong? Where does it really come from? The Ten Commandments is a great place to start and over 5000 plus years old and the first set of standards for moral acts and complying and obeying God.

It's amazing how when prayer in school was pulled in 1963 that society exponentially decayed rapidly. Also I'm amazed when people ask " how did our country get so far off course". Look at history, France for example, when feel good, be whatever you want to be laws replaced God. It ended up to the point of killing children in the name of humanity. I hear it all the time how wrong is right, morals suck and trust is gone. Go ahead keep blaming it on religion or should I say Christianity.

However, we are at the point where we need to put this stuff aside and all work together. Christian, atheist, democrat, libertarian,etc for this line in the sand.....our 2a rights.

Precisely how our country has gotten so far off course. The goal of progressivism is remove anything and everything that stands for freedom , individualism and self sufficiency. Most people who are against progressivism and moral decay have also bought into the lie that religion is offensive and the cause of our demise. However it is the opposite that is true... Where do we as a society get our litmus for right and wrong? Where does it really come from? The Ten Commandments is a great place to start and over 5000 plus years old and the first set of standards for moral acts and complying and obeying God.

It's amazing how when prayer in school was pulled in 1963 that society exponentially decayed rapidly. Also I'm amazed when people ask " how did our country get so far off course". Look at history, France for example, when feel good, be whatever you want to be laws replaced God. It ended up to the point of killing children in the name of humanity. I hear it all the time how wrong is right, morals suck and trust is gone. Go ahead keep blaming it on religion or should I say Christianity.

However, we are at the point where we need to put this stuff aside and all work together. Christian, atheist, democrat, libertarian,etc for this line in the sand.....our 2a rights.

Generally speaking, it's best not to blame the collapse of society on people you later expect to work with you. I've been pushing for a more open 2A platform for a long while, but bringing all this useless scapegoating into the equation is completely counterproductive.

If the 2A movement chooses to remain stubbornly linked to a dying political movement, you can be sure that there will come a day where we see it evaporate. The only viable, long-term solution to preserving the R2KBA is to ensure that the right transcends politics, much like the prohibition of alcohol now has.

So please. Everybody. If you truly care about 2A rights: Stop bringing up abortion. Stop bringing up religion. Stop demonizing liberals/progressives.

Do support openness and do stay focused on 2A rights.

Every person you turn off from the cause because you thought they couldn't be won over is another nail in our political coffin.

Seriously, who the F was that guy? I got all excited to see a non-caucasian man support 2A rights, but quickly realized he was just kinda crazy.

I think he is just a local homeless or crazy man who just happened to be walking by and waltz on in. Definitely a bit of a whack job.