dtown223

NJ exodus

Yep 3 years min i have to wait....and sayonara......Economics....weather and now this extreme gun legislation horseshite......

It was wonderful to raise a family up here in Sussex Co and Vernon....but the cost of living is soooooooo ridiculous couple that with other things and

there is NOTHING ZERO NONE no reason to stay here.........

....Buh Bye....

While I do have some relatives here in NJ, I can always fly in anytime I like. So it's just about 3 years and ill be retired will be heading to a combination of Scottsdale AZ and am now really starting to check out property and build someplace in Florida. Keep thinking the Zombie House, lol. Best part about that is the wife likes the basic design also so it may be a go. Also the wife may be closing her Travel Agency, seeking the name and what not or just closing the doors all together, the other travel gig her and I are into, she's probably going to do that full time being its more money anyway. Even if it works out to be the same money for a while, she won't be TIME POOR anymore.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Im already seeing TONS of NY license plates in S. Jersey and I travel ALL OVER the Tri-State area. Been like this for approx 8 months or so and I've been traveling Tri-State for YEARS. It is -imo a noticeable phenomenon.

This exodus seems to be accelerating still, from my point of view.

Bad gun laws = BAD everything else.

Im already seeing TONS of NY license plates in S. Jersey and I travel ALL OVER the Tri-State area. Been like this for approx 8 months or so and I've been traveling Tri-State for YEARS. It is -imo a noticeable phenomenon.

This exodus seems to be accelerating still, from my point of view.

Bad gun laws = BAD everything else.

Ironically for every NJ residents that leave there stands 2 New Yorkers waiting to take his place....We're in a tough spot but there are others in even more challenging positions....

I want to finish up college, maybe dental school here or in PA, and then apply there, or places near where I live now, and move to PA. I love my family too much to move elsewhere, if it weren't for them I might hop to NC or Texas.

No way in hell I want ANY of my tax money to feed into the NJ political machine, if they won't represent my rights, then I won't give them my money. Part of the reason I want to try and "boycott" the state when I'm older (will make exceptions for 2A friendly companies here).

Not a hard boycott, I don't want to do a ton of research into that crap, but given the choice, I believe I'll spend elsewhere.

I did the math this morning, the unfunded liability of NJ's public pension system would cost us (every man woman and child) right around $6600 just to bring it AFLOAT nevermind fund it in the future. Somebody is going to have to pay that bill.

Our bill may be higher than most, but there is only one state that isn't deeply underwater on their pension system. It's been one of, if not THE primary factor influencing state bond ratings in the last 5 years or so.

Ironically for every NJ residents that leave there stands 2 New Yorkers waiting to take his place....We're in a tough spot but there are others in even more challenging positions....

If that statement were even remotely true, we wouldn't have the declining population we have. Your argument might have more merit if saying for every tax dollar that walks out of the state in a former resident's wallet, two more come in from a NYC commuter who moves here, but I suspect even that is not true.

If that statement were even remotely true, we wouldn't have the declining population we have. Your argument might have more merit if saying for every tax dollar that walks out of the state in a former resident's wallet, two more come in from a NYC commuter who moves here, but I suspect even that is not true.

That's odd.... according to the national census just recently taken New Jersey have been increasing in population by approximately 1% every year since 2007. So while my statement of 2 for 1 is rather an exaggeration, my argument is still valid.

One big problem with this line of thought.

If you flee NJ or NY or whatever restrictive state, remember that they are populous states. This increase the number of anti-liberty officials in congress as they will run with no opposition. They also move their target to the next state they think they can take over, look what is happening with PA and the threats to gun rights there. If PA falls then you have another huge state going to the anti-gunners.

We can keep fleeing until we all live in Utah and Alaska and have to fight the rest of the country (and lose) or we can fight now, here, while there are 40 states mostly on our side.

Choose wisely.

No way in hell I want ANY of my tax money to feed into the NJ political machine, if they won't represent my rights, then I won't give them my money.

Fun fact: if your income is less than $20,000 then you owe NO TAXES to the State of New Jersey (scholarships, grants, etc. don't are exempt from "income). This probably applies to you as a college student, so make sure you fill out your tax return and get it all back.

The 1040 is actually pretty easy to fill out yourself, you get to skip most of it due to "low income level."

LDS is not as bad as one would believe (when the lights go out you would not believe them). Hurricane is less than 2 hours from Vegas. Hot as hell in the summer (but it's a dry heat, so are campfires) and cold spells in the winter. Little or no snowfall. About as far as one gets from LDS and still stay in UT.

I spend a lot of time in Utah and LDS is a bit cliquey. Though no worse that the town I grew up in, in Bergen County. I wouldn't live in the big valley if I was out there anyway. I need to check out Hurricane, I haven't been down that way.

Back to why I replied, you reminded me of a classic LDS joke

Q: How do you prevent a Mormon friend from drinking all your beer on a fishing trip?

A: Bring 2 Mormon friends

unfortunately my wife and i just renewed our lease last month :facepalm: so we are stuck here for at least another year.

after that who knows. maybe delaware, maybe wyoming. would HATE to leave family behind here :( but there is family in wyoming too. i really LOVE that state.. time will tell where i end up. i do know one thing: i'm out of here as SOON as humanly possible. even if every last one of these laws gets vetoed.

I am watching to see where if this bill is passed. http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/billinfo/BillInfo.cfm?syear=2013&sind=0&body=H&type=B&bn=357 Pa might be more gun friendly then I expected. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Nice! I'll be looking in PA and NC.

That's odd.... according to the national census just recently taken New Jersey have been increasing in population by approximately 1% every year since 2007. So while my statement of 2 for 1 is rather an exaggeration, my argument is still valid.

Almost every state is increasing in population except VT and RI according to the 2010 census. However, NJ is increasing at a lower rate than other states, which is why we lost one house rep.

Dont forget... If you own a home and sell to move out of state there is an exit tax. 2% of total sale or 8.97% of gain whichever is larger. We are the only state that has this. Google it

Really? I remember reading something along the lines of a non resident selling property in NJ but for my information, want to show me where it says that in the tax code for what your stating?

Also can you tell me if that's only for gains above 250 for a single person or above 500k for a married couple? Are there any time restraints, being if this is the case and I'd could be looking at 12k or more depending on the selling price of my place, I would just steel, get an apartment for a month lease and them move out without selling a property and moving out state right away.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've got a family run business here so going anywhere further than PA isn't really an option for me.

Even then when working in NJ I still won't be able to carry. So what's the point?

Texas would be ideal, but I just don't see how it's feasible for me unfortunately.

After toying with the idea of moving for a number of years.... we drew a hard line in the sand... the next anti gun piece of legislation that comes out that would force me to sell guns to comply... will be out of here as a "resident". Will immediately get PA residency through brother, and then move to FL on a part time basis and come back here as needed.

Overtaxed, over legislated, and unfortunately, gun owners are in the minority here.

First day back here from FL.... it blows. Especially since I have essentially an amazing opportunity to walk into a ready market in NE Florida. So for the time being, will be expanding into FL and doing the two state thing.

Moving to FL as a resident, will save enough money to come back to jersey 4 times a month.