le_boudin

“USA USA” Chant is Racist - i didn't know that

A Texas school district has filed a complaint alleging that students from a rival school engaged in racism by chanting “USA, USA” at a basketball game. The students involved in the incident were reprimanded and forced to apologize.

http://radio.foxnews...-is-racist.html

for heavens sake... anytime we have the opportunity to chant USA is a good thing, love of country, patriotism, fellowship, and especially after winning the game... what the hell went wrong with this society?!!

thats a long ..long list

Last time I checked the USA is a country, not a race.

Its a country made up of many races.

So how exactly is it a racist chant?

I smell lawsuit and reverse apology from school officals shortly.

And I'm pretty sure freedom of speech allows you to say what you want even if you are an ass.

The continued pussification of America. I'm sure obanhammer love it

Pussification? More like the loss of our national identity.

Ever notice all of the Mexican flags in the illegal alien protests? If you so badly want to become an American you should be waving OUR flag...

Not sure how i feel about this. While i find it absurdly silly, at the same time i can't help but ask.. why exactly were they cheering USA USA? if the sole purpose was to point out that the opposing team is mainly Hispanic, then i would say the act was racist, not the chant.

There all Americans, so really it's just stupid, no matter what the intent was.

Pete put it best..

"And I'm pretty sure freedom of speech allows you to say what you want even if you are an ass."

I hate to say it, but being racist is your right, and saying racist things is your right protected... unless you commit a crime in which case it becomes a hate act.

It's like the ass hats in the 2a community, you cant protect the good with out protecting the bad.

Not sure how i feel about this. While i find it absurdly silly, at the same time i can't help but ask.. why exactly were they cheering USA USA? if the sole purpose was to point out that the opposing team is mainly Hispanic, then i would say the act was racist, not the chant.

There all Americans, so really it's just stupid, no matter what the intent was.

Pete put it best..

"And I'm pretty sure freedom of speech allows you to say what you want even if you are an ass."

I hate to say it, but being racist is your right, and saying racist things is your right protected... unless you commit a crime in which case it becomes a hate act.

It's like the ass hats in the 2a community, you cant protect the good with out protecting the bad.

as for the hate act, what's the difference if you kill someone because of their race or you kill someone because you wanted their wallet?