Cemeterys Gun Blob

Thursday at the Assembly is a BIG F'ING DEAL People

This was addressed to less than 30 people:

This is to confirm that we have received your RSVP and have you scheduled for a seat on the BlueWave bus to Trenton on Thursday, 2/21

We have received a good number of RSVPs (about 30) so the bus is definitely chartered and CONFIRMED.

If your plans have changed and you can no longer come, please let me know so we can get an accurate head count and know how many people to expect at each departure location.

More information or any updates will be sent out on Wednesday, but everything remains as originally publicized (no changes):

- 9:30 departure from Essex Green Shopping Center, W Orange (meet and leave cars next to Macy's)

- 9:45 (approx.) departure from Clark Target Parking lot on Central Ave off the Westfield/Clark Exit - # 135 GSP

(if anyone from Westfield can give me a more specific meeting spot to give people - like " meet over on the XX side by XX(store)" that would be helpful)

- the cost is $15

- we will depart Trenton at a set, agreed upon timely, likely 4:00pm in order to get home by 5:30pm. (If debate on the bills goes past 4pm, then we will not stay for the vote)

- there is a rest room on the bus

- there is a cafeteria in the State Assembly House

*BRING ID WITH YOU* - you will need a driver's license or picture ID for security screening when entering the Statehouse!

It was recommend on Monday's call that we all wear a similar color/item so we can be recognized as supporters, but Carole or Nicole will need to provide more information on that. (Green ribbons are the color being used to commemorate Sandy Hook - green clothing? any other ideas?)

A few things we know already about Thursday that I can pass on:

- The session is scheduled for 1:00pm; our plan is to arrive by 11am in order to get seating in the Assembly room

- There is another item on the agenda that will be voted on first.

- There will be NO public comment period as happened at the Committee hearing

- You ARE encouraged to submit written statements or testimony in support of one or all of the bills

- Write your letters or testimony in advance and bring multiple copies with you

- If you are part of a group or an organization, consider writing a letter of support on behalf of the whole organization and ask other members to endorse it and add their names.

- You could also send your composed letter out by email to your member list, ask them to sign their name to a copy of the letter (Word document) and email a copy back to you. Bringing a stack of letters (even if they are similarly worded) is VERY effective!

please let me know if you have any additional questions regarding Thursday.

thanks,

---

Kim Hurdman

BlueWaveNJ

201-306-4016

[email protected]

www.bluewavenj.org

Great idea, I'll print out letters for others to sign.

What do yous guys think about all wearing the same color?

Here's what I received from "Nicola Bocour":

I look forward to seeing everyone on Thursday! I will br driving down, but I will see you all in Trenton!

If you are a member of a gun violence prevention organization and have a t-shirt or button with their name on it, you are encouraged to wear that. I will bring "Stop Gun Violence NOW" stickers for GVP attendees and we also recommend wearing a green ribbbon and/or a cutout heart to honor all the victims of gun violence. Please feel free to leave your heart blank, decorate it with a poem, message, or quote, or write in the name of someone who has been affected by gun violence.

Below are two photos to use as an example: one is of hearts made for each of the children who died in Sandy Hook and another is of GVP supporters wearing their hearts.

THANK YOU!

Nicola, Project Director of Ceasefire NJ

Mine came with a couple of images: one of hearts with the names of the kids on them. (If I were a parent, I'd sue them.) And another with 7 of the absolutely ugliest women I have ever seen, surrounding Dianne Feinstein (with obligatory kid in lap.)

Very unprofessional to reply with a bunch of other emails. I hope this doesn't mean I'm going to be getting Ceasefire spam for life.

It's $15 bucks for the Bluewave bus to Trenton. Hey.. why not pack those buses with pro-2A people. It's a free country right?

+1 If anybody is willing to brave the Clark bus with me, we can really have an * interestig * time on the way down ( might need a ride back though, lmao )

Glad everybody is catching on..however please dont register with a horrible fake name like Mike Hunt. It will show them something is up.

Also I would never reccomend someone getting a great description of the bus and then calling into the police that you thought you smelled marijuana on the bus or possibly that bus number so and so is traveling on rt ___ and it appears the driver is drunk or something.

Right on

I was at the last 2 events in Trenton, this one can't happen for me.

HOPEFULLY, those who have decided NOT to attend the first two events there will act upon this and attend this event. I can only hope.

Someone on those buses should play along and get some video/audio of antis saying stupid things.

"I think we should forcibly take all guns away from these nuts, don't you?" Please speak clearly into my phone...