Shadow

boo Jury Duty

So its 3:30 in the morning and got a Calculus III test today, instead of sleeping or going over last min stuff

I'm randomly looking at websites online. Why? Because good old NJ doesn't just pull its jury duty pool from

voting records they also troll the DMV records. For years i have never bothered to register to vote as I was hoping I

would avoid this crap all together, but alas NJ isn't like most states (ha, isn't it the truth) and again pulls from DMV records.

Anyway so i have jury duty today and I already know I'm not going to be selected but going to use this to buy me more time.

I plan on telling the judge I'm a strong believer of jury nullification and I will make sure my fellow jurors are informed of it.

That should get me off faster than anything.

Also before anyone comments on the not registered to vote. Save it, one vote doesn't matter

Can you bring a laptop while waiting to be questioned? I could use the time to setup the decoy OS on my fully encrypted hdd while waiting to be questioned.

I once told them I'm not going to be impartial because I'm racist. Got sent home very quickly.

That's a bs lie!!! People who say that for the ten plus years get a day in jail for it!! Lie somewhere else

Also before anyone comments on the not registered to vote. Save it, one vote doesn't matter

I love it when someone says something that they know would piss off people and aren't willing to accept the opinions of others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a bs lie!!! People who say that for the ten plus years get a day in jail for it!! Lie somewhere else

Not at all. Have you ever made it to the selection process? Thats not where you wait to be called, its after your called and they ask you a bunch of questions. They ask about being impartial. I said I can't be impartial due to racial prejudices. I dont know why your screamin bunch of crap at me.but your barking up the wrong tree. Go bark somewhere else. Kthanxbye

lets face it, most people try to get out of jury duty... however, the funny thing is, as alec.mc said, most of the time they will ask you what you think of the NJ gun laws.. if you answer "too strict", they will most likely let you go..

that said, i was called for jury duty just last week.. after being on call for the first day (dont have to report if "on call"), i had to go in on tuesday.. we all (all 400+ of us in monmouth cty) sat there for 2 hours, listening to them explain the process, etc. They gave us a break around 10:15am, and then called everyone back into the jury pool room around 10:30.. they said the judge had something "come up" and would not be selecting from the jury pool today and let us all go home, telling us to check the website (or call) that evening. 5:10pm comes, i check the website, it says my group's "service is complete".. so, i spent 2.5 hours on Tuesday doing nothing but playing with my phone, waiting for them to call us, they did not call us, and then my service was complete.. niiiiice...

oh, and i thought that if you had a drivers license, you were registered to vote in NJ (?).. or am i remembering that wrong

You sir are an ass and piss poor excuse for a gun owner. When you have 5-10000 people saying "one vote doesn't matter" that's more than enough to swing an election. I hope you wake the f up soon.

While I disagree with not voting the guy is wrong in theory, correct in practice. What I mean by that is in theory every vote counts but in reality it doesn't because regardless of which big party candidate gets into office we are all taking it up the a**. A 3rd party candidate or someone who actually wants to change this country for the better will never get into office. If he does, he will be shot dead by some crazy person with three names. haha

You came to this forum looking for help for your friend, accepted that help, then you tell everyone that the very core purpose of this forum means absolutely nothing to you and consequently, neither do the people that tried to help you. Remarkable.