Absent Anima

Permit to Purchase Times

Just passed day 38 on address change, 1 P2P for me, initial FPID and 1 P2P for the wife. I know our references were called, and my wife had her prints done within a week of the app. What's really weird is my neighbor, who was a reference for both of us, dropped of his initial FPID app about 2 weeks after us, yet STILL hasn't gotten the call to go get his prints done-and they haven't called me for a reciprocal reference.

This is the speedy Kingwood State Police, who foreshadowed 3 months-I'll be just a little aggravated with that...

On Feb 14th I turned in the paperwork for two P2P's. I went into the Paterson PD to apply for three P2P's (like I usually do), but was 'encouraged' to apply for only two this time. So that's what I did. On March 15th I got the "Your forms are ready" phone call from the Paterson PD. So that's about one month. I guess that's pretty good - considering it's Paterson and that they only have one detective assigned to firearms stuff like this. These 2 P2P's are already used up - a DWM Luger and a Colt 1911. Tuesday morning I'll go back and apply for two more P2P's ... lol ... I was going to drop the new application papers off the other day when I picked up the two that were ready, but I didn't want to raise any eyebrows. It really bugs me that I can only get two at a time now...

I am going on 100 days for a change of address through the Hamilton NJSP. I called earlier in the week and asked for an up date and the trooper told me it has been taking anywhere from 60 to 90 days for a change of address. I then told him it has been way over 90 days for me. He told me to hold while he looked at my paperwork and then told me another 2 weeks.

I politely asked what why it was taking so long and he told me that they have 4 to 5 times the normal volume so it is taking longer than usual.

On Feb 14th I turned in the paperwork for two P2P's. I went into the Paterson PD to apply for three P2P's (like I usually do), but was 'encouraged' to apply for only two this time. So that's what I did. On March 15th I got the "Your forms are ready" phone call from the Paterson PD. So that's about one month. I guess that's pretty good - considering it's Paterson and that they only have one detective assigned to firearms stuff like this. These 2 P2P's are already used up - a DWM Luger and a Colt 1911. Tuesday morning I'll go back and apply for two more P2P's ... lol ... I was going to drop the new application papers off the other day when I picked up the two that were ready, but I didn't want to raise any eyebrows. It really bugs me that I can only get two at a time now...

You can apply for as many as you want. See http://njgunforums.c...not-be-limited/. As far as your local PD is concerned, 1 P2P is handled exactly like 10 P2P's. 2 is an arbitrary number and is, quite frankly, illegal.

You can apply for as many as you want. See http://njgunforums.c...not-be-limited/fugg. As far as your local PD is concerned, 1 P2P is handled exactly like 10 P2P's. 2 is an arbitrary number and is, quite frankly, illegal.

Yes, I'm perfectly aware of that.

Around Thanksgiving of last year I went in and applied for three P2P's. The detective told me he was running short on forms and that I would probably only get two. I figured that if I made a stink about it I would get bumped to the bottom of the stack.

I got the same "running out of forms" story last month when I went in for my two latest P2P's.

Anyone have a suggestion on how to get three or four at a time without getting bumped to the end of the line?

Anyone have a suggestion on how to get three or four at a time without getting bumped to the end of the line?

Print your own forms and turn them in. The STS33 and the SP66 can be found online. If you look long enough, even the 212a can be found.

Print your own forms and turn them in. The STS33 and the SP66 can be found online. If you look long enough, even the 212a can be found.

Yep, I have STS33 and SP66 saved as PDF files. I fill them out, print them and turn them in with the cash.

As you know, STS33 asks the applicant how many permits he wants. For whatever reason, I have always entered '3' in that box. I guess I figured it this way - permits are good for 90 days and we can buy 1 gun a month, so that works out to three permits. I know I can ask for as many as I want.

Anyhow, last fall I filled out the forms, printed them and went to the Paterson PD to turn them in with a few bucks. When the detective looked everything over, he asked me "Do you really think you'll buy 3 handguns in the next three months?" I said "yes, I will." He responded "Well, I'm running short on forms, so you'll probably only get two. If I get more forms by the time your approval comes through, I'll give you another one then."

What could I say? I just handed him the money, said "Thanks" and walked out.

That brings us to Feb. 14, when I turned in another set of application forms. I got exactly the same "I'm running short on forms, you'll probably get two" story. He is friendly about it - not being an a$$. It is clear that he is not being truthful though (same story every time?) LOL...he's not a good liar...which strikes me as being odd.

He is getting used to seeing me though. When I went in to pick up the forms last week he greeted me by my first name and asked "What're you gonna get this time?"

Tuesday I will turn in another set of forms. I'll bust his balls a little this time about getting 3~4 P2P's.

So I contacted my local PD on Friday since it is about a month and a half since I submitted. As far as I was told (I live in a VERY small town) there is only 1 officer that deals with firearms. Well a different officer told me he was doing my stuff now. cool. They said everything is in they are just having trouble getting in contact with my job... now this strikes me as odd... considering I work in a federal prison that is open 24/7-365 no matter what rain hail sleet hurricane tornado volcano zombie apocolypse... WE ARE OPEN! how the heck are they having trouble contacting my job? tomorrow I will be again contacting them. This is getting annoying...

Guys, Im gonna freak you out! Two permits, 6 days!!!! I almost fell down.

Kathy must really like you! She does do a great job, but that is unheard of. She told me that at the rate things are going she thinks everyone in town will own a gun by year-end.

Dumont police recieved my paperwork for two permits on 1/7/13.

I recieved a call from them today that permits were ready to be picked up.

3/28/13. 2 months 21 days.called them at two month mark.Standard reply.Don't call us,we call you.

Not bad in this enviroment,I guess

Paperwork submitted the begining of February, Background has been cleared for a while now.... still no permit... Oh btw, I am current military and federal law enforcement.... STILL NO PERMIT....how long before its a civil rights issue? (my town is 1 square mile and I talked to the chief, I am the ONLY P2P applicant in the town..... WTF IS THE HOLDUP!)