checko

Where do you buy your batteries?

Yeah, I work at lowes. I have 2 lights that take 3 batts each and an optic that takes another 2. Was hoping to pay a little less than what we charge

I think you can find them in bulk sometimes online.. maybe a little cheaper? but then you figure shipping and all that if you are not getting them when you are getting something else.. that is why I normally just grab a couple here and there at lowes..

http://info.publicintelligence.net/FBI-LithiumBatteries.pdf

Don't buy cheap batteries. Saving $0.50 per battery ain't worth a $100 light or serious injury.

I use only Surefire batteries bought directly from Surefire.com, with occasional re-supply from Lowes to top off the stash.

Avoid 123 batteries from the camera store or film section of the pharmacy as they are designed for a quick surge/burst of power like you would need for a flash, not for prolonged use as you would want for a flashlight.

www.Flashlightdistributor.com usually has a bunch of options and i have purchased streamlight CR123s from them in the past, also have surefires that i have purchased (i think i got 12 packs for around 22 bucks). If i have cabelas points, i will get surefire 12 packs there if i am desperate.

here:

http://www.flashlightdistributor.com/Streamlight.aspx?Streamlight=85177

never had a problem with them (well once, my tlr 3 accidently flipped on and sat and burned it down).

Battery station rocks. Their proprietary cr123 bave been tested to last as long if not longer then all the major brands even sure-fire. Plus they have great deals on bulk batteries with pelican and otter dry cases.

http://batterystation.com/cr123a.htm

The otter 3000 with 32 cr123's for $55 is a sick deal.

Ramsey Outdoor in ledgewood.

6 packs of energizer 123s for 12 bucks.

Not bad considering 2 packs at Lowes are $9.

I use them in my streamlight protac 2L

that I use daily for work and get good life from them

Yikes don't know what Lowes you go to.

Amazon has a good deal on Surefires, if you are a prime member and get the free shipping.

http://www.amazon.com/Surefire-SF12-BB-Lithium-Batteries-12-Pack/dp/B000UX93OQ

The guys over a CPF think that Surefires and Duracell are the best. There is a blurb that Panasonic makes Surefires. no verification.

In looking at the charts from CPF, it looks like they all drop off rapidly after about 40 min or so.

Check it out for more information about batteries then you ever wanted to know! :maninlove:

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?235213-CR123A-Comparison-Review-4Sevens-Titanium-Innovations-Tenergy-Surefire-Duracell

http://info.publicin...umBatteries.pdf

Don't buy cheap batteries. Saving $0.50 per battery ain't worth a $100 light or serious injury.

I use only Surefire batteries bought directly from Surefire.com, with occasional re-supply from Lowes to top off the stash.

Avoid 123 batteries from the camera store or film section of the pharmacy as they are designed for a quick surge/burst of power like you would need for a flash, not for prolonged use as you would want for a flashlight.

Interesting! Not only are we talking about inferior batteries, but ones conterfieted to look like surefires!

Thumbs up to Highexposure!

Those guys on cpf sure do some crazy tests. While not an extensive field test at all, I've been using the titanium batteries from batteryjunction.com for about the last two years in all my flashlights and always gotten good life from them without any issues like leaks or anything. At a buck or less a piece I'm happy with them.

http://www.batteryjunction.com/tpen-tcr123a-.html

I use cheap CR123's for training and whatnot, and have a stash of Surefire batteries on hand for certain situations and HD.

That link of cheap batteries I posted up a while ago which got linked a few posts above have worked well for me so far, and I've gone through quite a few of them. I know a few guys that use those as well and haven't had any issues.

I will say that I've been looking for high-quality flashlights that use regular AA or AAA and it seems like they are rather rare. I don't like the fact that CR123s are not very easy to find. I got a 5.11 Tactical ATAX PLX flashlight like 5 months ago that takes AA's and it's awesome. Not a gunlight at all but for a pocket flashlight or a car flashlight, it's awesome.

New flashlights(especially cree LED's) use more voltage. Honestly, most knock-offs aren't bad batteries there is just no consistency in the market. In the R/C hobby world, almost all of the lithium batteries now are Chinese knock-off's and they perform well(they also take a huge beatings). Most accidents happen when you mix full and empty cells(if that is the reason for the fault, then its not the battery that caused it unless its DOA, or an external short ) or charge and deplete them past their current rating. There is always the chance of getting poorly made cells, and on a firearm they will exacerbate the issue. If your running knock-off's at the very least check the voltage of each battery before use, they just require unnecessary attention. I have personally seen many failures with high end batteries, but again most were user error. A friend burnt down his garage charging some.

IIRC US Made batteries come from one plant, and i think surefire gets the best lots in terms of voltage consistency.(so they cost a bit more) but construction wise they are all the same.

I don't think most people understand the unstable hazardous material that gives them their juice, when they discharge or charge above the current rating they get hot, gas builds up eventually explode and catch on fire. And sealed flashlights...

IIRC US Made batteries come from one plant, and i think surefire gets the best lots in terms of voltage consistency.(so they cost a bit more) but construction wise they are all the same.

Incorrect, they are not all constructed the same.

The Surefire 123s (as well as a very few other name brands) have a built in circuit breaker that helps to prevent the issues you are describing. This is why they are preferred.

Those guys on cpf sure do some crazy tests. While not an extensive field test at all, I've been using the titanium batteries from batteryjunction.com for about the last two years in all my flashlights and always gotten good life from them without any issues like leaks or anything. At a buck or less a piece I'm happy with them.

http://www.batteryjunction.com/tpen-tcr123a-.html

Ive been using them at least 5-6 years without issue. Not the longest runtime, but better than I was getting out of the surefires.

4sevens flashlight food have been the absolute longest lasting for me. But they cost twice as much and don't last twice as long.

I've been very disappointed in the quality of the last batch of panasonics I got while titaniums were unavailable for a bit.

Honestly I like the low priced house brands from reputable places. The stores want to protect their rep, and between the low price and the fact they aren't sold anywhere else, the odds of counterfeiting are low.