Sign in to follow this  
Parker

Bergen County Gun Buy Back - April 13-14

"$300 for automatic assault weapons and machine guns."

http://www.northjers...4.html?page=all

HACKENSACK – A two-day, countywide gun buyback will be held on April 13-14, the Bergen County Sheriff’s Office announced Thursday.

Guns will be collected at places of worship in several towns. Compensation will vary by firearm type: $20 for non-operational weapons; $80 for rifles and shotguns; $100 for handguns; and $300 for automatic assault weapons and machine guns.

The program will be funded by the Prosecutor’s Office through money seized from criminal activities, according to a release from the Sheriff’s Office.

The buyback will be hosted by the Sheriff’s Office and the Prosecutor’s Office in partnership with local law enforcement agencies.

The Sheriff’s Office held a similar buyback in 2010, which netted 708 firearms, including two assault weapons and numerous handguns, rifles and shotguns, according to the release.

“Intentional violence and accidental discharges involving firearms can destroy families and communities,” said Sheriff Michael Saudino. “If we can take just one dangerous weapon out of our homes or off our streets, we can make Bergen County a safer place for all residents.”

All surrendered firearms should be brought to the drop-off sites unloaded and stored in a closed, fastened case, a gun box, or in a securely tied package. Ammunition should be transported in a separate container.

Officers will be on hand to help people bring weapons safely into the buyback locations. At each site, the weapons will be examined and secured by Bergen County Sheriff’s Office firearms experts and officers.

Drop-off sites will be open from 1 to 5 p.m. each day of the buyback. The dates and locations will be:

April 13

-Garfield: Our Lady of Mount Virgin St. Joseph’s Center, 188 MacArthur Ave.

-Hackensack: Mount Olive Baptist Church, 260 Central Ave.; and Rhema Worship Center Church, 156 Passaic St.

-Maywood: First Presbyterian Church, 401 Maywood Ave.

-Park Ridge: Our Lady of Mercy Church, 46 Pascack Road

April 14

-Englewood: Mt. Calvary Baptist Church, 90 West Demarest Ave.

-Fair Lawn: Temple Beth Sholom, 40-25 Fair Lawn Ave.

-Hackensack: Trinity Baptist Church, 218 Passaic St.; and New Hope Baptist Church, 214 Berdan Place

-New Milford: St. Matthew’s Evangelical Lutheran Church, 225 Center St.

-Teaneck: First Baptist Church, 1592 Teaneck Road

In recent months, several buybacks have either been held or planned in counties across the state. At a gun buyback in Essex County last month, officials collected more than 1,700 weapons. A similar program will be held this weekend in Monmouth County and the state Attorney General’s Office announced Thursday that it plans to hold a buyback in Atlantic County later this month.

seriously....

I will go with someone and put up a table and buy some guns before they get to the guys running the buyback if anyone wants to do this with me. I'll bet we get some good stuff cheap....

I'm not kidding here, it's legal, great way to get some firearms, and says FU to the county

seriously....

I will go with someone and put up a table and buy some guns before they get to the guys running the buyback if anyone wants to do this with me. I'll bet we get some good stuff cheap....

I'm not kidding here, it's legal, great way to get some firearms, and says FU to the county

Do we need a permit to set up a table? I think only buyer needs to have info to be filled out on Coe. Not very anonymous, but I'll just put gun buyback on the paperwork like they do.

What’s funny is that the state is going to use criminal money "blood money" to buy back legit firearms -

300 for a AR - dam they should check the going rate - I paid over 1K for the one I just brought -

I guess that pays for the peace of mind knowing that my rifle wasn't some economicaly challenged persons "rattler" (whoo it’s hard to be PC).

Not sure if you can setup a table per say. But you can probably legally park in front of or near the event, with a sign saying "I'll pay more!" Not sure if LEO's will take too kindly to that though. This is New Jersey where you are guilty until proven innocent.

I've got a good imagination so can this scenario happen? You go there to maybe buy someones turn in gun. You make deal for a nice old rifle, give them the cash. Cop comes over, asks whats happening here and asks seller for some ID and whadda ya know seller has no FPID card, shouldnt be carrying that rifle.But seller says "Im protected under this program", cop says nope, you didnt keep your end of the deal by turning in the gun. Jams up seller, confiscates gun- and your money.