MB24

If you don't have a safe

Or if HE is the only one that knows, (God forbid something happens to him) and the house get sold with the gun still in the wall.

Happened in Australia recently, New family moves into a house,begin renovating and finds a cache of pristine rifles and a number of hand guns neatly stored in a wall. Previous owner hid them there just before they had the firearm turn in......Think how many of those stories will be appearing NY State in 20 or 30 years.

And all this time I have been happy with my All-Clad pots. What was my father thinking?

My dad was pro2a before it was cool to be pro2a. Never realized how much he was until I signed up for ANJRPC life membership awhile back and they were all confused because he has the same name and he was a life member. They gave me his membership number as my own after we sorted it out. He had a stroke so I ended up with his collection a couple of years ago.

When I got married he figured I was finally a man and we needed a proper safe to store the 2 "proper" shotguns he got us. Much to my wife's a

amusement. So I had a safe at the same time as my first "at my address" guns.

Unfortunately, the way things are going, I may not have that pleasure with my first born at the time of his marriage.

I live at home and parents won't let me have the size safe I need so I bought one of the gun racks where a steel bar goes through the trigger guard and locks on the end it is bolted to the studs concrete in basement hidden my sister could not even find it when she came hone from school no pics as I don't want to show my hiding spot

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I never noticed any safes for sale in my local Lowes (Hamilton).

Dicks over in Mercer has a set of them, but the cheapest one is $170, and honestly, you could get in it with a pair of tin snips. Or simply carry it away. But the idea of stacking weights inside is a good one. Not sure is the cheap safes can be bolted. I's have to look at them more closely. I prefer the heavy fireproof models with the keypad access, but now we are closer to the $1000 price point.

My issue with locking everything up is the tradeoff between security and quick access, especially with a low-end keyed model safe. My wife makes a good point that if someone breaks in during the night and manages to get past the dogs, I won't even wake up in time to do anything.

Dicks over in Mercer has a set of them, but the cheapest one is $170, and honestly, you could get in it with a pair of tin snips. Or simply carry it away. But the idea of stacking weights inside is a good one. Not sure is the cheap safes can be bolted. I's have to look at them more closely. I prefer the heavy fireproof models with the keypad access, but now we are closer to the $1000 price point.

My issue with locking everything up is the tradeoff between security and quick access, especially with a low-end keyed model safe. My wife makes a good point that if someone breaks in during the night and manages to get past the dogs, I won't even wake up in time to do anything.

I paid around a thousand for my safe... but a grand to hold what amounts to thousands in hardware seems totally reasonable to me..

Ive noticed some lowes carry the centurion line of liberty.. they have the larger thicker ones online.

I saw an idea where someone took an old refrigerator and made a gun 'safe' out of it. I guess calling it a safe is a stretch but with a little work it would be better than nothing.

refridgeratorgunsafe.jpg

100_0244.jpg

This item cannot be shipped to the following state(s): AK,GU,HI,PR,VI

Usually when you see on the web "can't be shipped to" - there is always NJ. Not this time.

Huh, maybe NJ is not the worst state after all... at least Sandusky lockers are still legal here :)

Usually when you see on the web "can't be shipped to" - there is always NJ. Not this time.

Huh, maybe NJ is not the worst state after all... at least Sandusky lockers are still legal here :)

no, we are still the worse state. Notice it's basically not shipping outside the continental us.

sent from my Samsung Note 2