ryan_j

Boxer gets arrested at JFK for illegal possession of a handgun

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/03/28/boxer-guerrero-arrested-at-nyc-kennedy-airport-police-say-tried-to-board-plane/

I really don't know what Guerrero was thinking, that he could get away with it? NYC is the most anti gun place in America, and checking your weapon without a permit at JFK airport is more than likely to land you in hot water.

He should have just left the gun at home.

Case after case after case. NYC has turned these gun arrests into a revenue stream FOPA be damned.

The way it works is that the ticket agent contacts the police. The police then get the gun, arrest the person, book 'em, take 'em to central holding and within 18 hours they're ROR and subject to a huge fine to make it all go away. Everyone pays it. It's criminal and no, it's not the person with the gun who is committing the crime.

It sounds to me like he was checking it in the way you are suppose too..

http://www.ifly.com/tsa

Weapons

In regards to weapons and explosives, many travelers are under the impression that these items are strictly forbidden; this is only partially true. Explosives and gun powder are completely forbidden on any flight, at any time. However, weapons such as guns and knives are permitted aboard flights as long as they are carried in checked luggage. No weapon is permitted in carry-on luggage. Additionally, sports equipment such as baseball bats, golf clubs, hockey sticks and any other sports item can be checked as well. No sports item is permitted as carry-on luggage.

Really is a shame, with all of the vacant buildings, light industrial business parks etc. in NJ that this state makes it so difficult to establish a viable small business that might go on to employ a handful of local individuals with some decent paying jobs.

How many is that now in NYC who have carried illegally and had their penalties reduced to non-felonies??  There was the nurse from Kentucky at the 9/11 memorial (?), The Vet/precious metals dealer from Las Vegas at the empire state building(?) and now this case.

Seems like they're building up some precedents for relatively light prosecution lately....

He wasn't traveling through. So no FOPA coverage. He stayed for some time in NY with the gun. No permit here. 15 round mags which were a no no even before the safe act

There was a grandfather for mags over 10 rounds, even 100 round mags are legal in NY.

Why am I getting deja vu from this? I think this came up before. And not this thread from April.

ya know? that brings up a question. is she allowed to carry in dc?

AFAIK no reciprocity and no non-resident permits in NY. However, I'm sure she can get a free protection detail from the Capitol Police any time she wants one.

But how is it that frankenstein can bring all of her assault weapons up to capitol hill and point them at people with her finger on the trigger?

I don't think she owns any AW. I'm sure she tells the Capitol Police what she wants for show and tell. If they don't have it they borrow it from some agency that does.