RubberBullets

Reported explosion near the finish line of Boston Marathon

Investigators say an abandoned car parked on Francis Street prompted the police to shutdown the area near Brigham and Women's out of an abundance of caution. Mass. State Police investigated and gave the all-clear. The car was not taken into custody. lol car taken into custody?

No, the bomber isn't going to be blamed beyond being disturbed or a religious zealot. The easy access to explosives(Black and smokeless powder) and items that contain explosives (ammunition) will be blamed.

I'll bet a paycheck on it.

The only sliver of hope would be to find out it was firework based....but fat chance.

I'll bet a paycheck on it.

I'm going to be infinitely optimistic and say they won't ban gunpowder unless they can find a way to differentiate normal Fudd gunpowder from "assault" gunpowder. It's one thing to ban scary rifles. It's another to ban or significantly limit access to all ammunition.

I do worry about volume limits, though.

I'm still holding out for some heavy restrictions on pressure cookers.

It won't come in the form of bans, but limits as you stated.

My bet is on some type of proposed legislation controlling the manufacture, sale or possession of any kind of powder....it may not pass, but I'm certain they'll try.

Sh**. No matter when or if this blows over, I'm going to keep buying ammo. Need it or not. We can't even foresee the excuses they'll come up to come after us.

I'm exhausted.

So they limit powder. Don't they realize that you can make a much more effective bomb with common house hold items or supplies from your neighborhood home depot?

Yes they know that, but "safety" isn't the goal. Disarming you is.

So they limit powder. Don't they realize that you can make a much more effective bomb with common house hold items or supplies from your neighborhood home depot?

It's not about safety. It's about finding convenient and despicable scapegoats. And we fit the bill to a T.

If it were about safety, they'd have one bottle a month on alcohol. Or put in mandatory breathalyzer locks in cars. These would immediately save lives. But that would be inconvenient for wine drinkers, so the slaughter on the highways can continue. On the other hand, no law, no matter how admittedly useless, is beyond the pale as long as it causes us suffering.

Mark Levin had a very interesting segment where he claimed that CAFE (fuel efficiency) standards have been responsible for 10s of thousands of lives by mandating flimsier cars and by making it cheaper to drive per mile, thus increasing traffic.

I haven't had a chance to review the studies, so can't comment, but that's exactly the type of slaughter which is acceptable collateral damage in service of utopia.

With the amount of smoke generated, it's certainly not "modern" gunpowder. It may very well be black powder, but in my entirely uneducated opinion, it's not "smokeless" gunpowder.

I'd bet black powder was used in the device, but the white plume was caused by a chemical additive. Maybe a homemade explosive using potassium chlorate.

Just a guess, could also contain stump remover in the binder, which is a major component in homemade smoke grenades, and they produce an insanely thick white or light gray plume.

Did you hear that Obama ordered the 20yr old Saudi that was detained in the hospital to be deported back to Saudi Arabia tommorow.

No interviews, no talking to anyone...... Gone!

No but very interesting, was he cleared of any wrong doing ? and deported for his safety?

No but very interesting, was he cleared of any wrong doing ? and deported for his safety?

Info is still limited at the moment, but he is being deported for national security....

Weird that Obama had a undisclosed meeting with the leader of Saudi Arabia today also...

There is alot that isn't adding up with this.....

Info is still limited at the moment, but he is being deported for national security....

Weird that Obama had a undisclosed meeting with the leader of Saudi Arabia today also...

It doesn't need to add up peasant. Now do as you're told. Our glorious leader shall teach you everything, even how to pee and breathe. Now stop being a pest and submit. Its all for the chickens i mean childrens...

It doesn't need to add up peasant. Now do as you're told. Our glorious leader shall teach you everything, even how to pee and breathe. Now stop being a pest and submit. Its all for the chickens i mean childrens...

Yes master........

On a side note, I believe these are the two people they are looking for

post-5695-136628617631_thumb.jpg

From what the reporters could say last night about the suspects.... These guys fit the description to a T.

Yes master........

On a side note, I believe these are the two people they are looking for

post-5695-136628617631_thumb.jpg

From what the reporters could say last night about the suspects.... These guys fit the description to a T.

And there were a few people that were watching these two that seemed to be part of the group, also.

So we'll get to see today...

----------

http://www.boston.co...BrcJ/story.html

Authorities have clear video images of two suspects in Boston Marathon bombings, official says

Print | Comments (83) 04/18/2013 8:32 AM

By Shelley Murphy and Mark Arsenault, Globe Staff

Authorities have clear video images of two separate suspects in the Boston Marathon bombings carrying black bags at each explosion site and are planning to release the images today in an appeal for the public’s help in identifying the men, according to an official briefed on the case.

The official said that the two suspects were seen separately on videotape -- one at each of the two bombing sites, which are located about a block apart.

The official, who spoke this morning on the condition of anonymity, said the best video has come from surveillance cameras on the same side of Boylston Street as the explosions. The official said the widely reported Lord Taylor surveillance camera, and snapshots from individual cell phone camera users, have not provided the clearest images.

It was unclear why authorities did not publicize images of the unidentified suspects yesterday. President Obama is visiting Boston today, and the timing of a law enforcement briefing remained unclear.

On Wednesday, the disclosure that a bomber was believed to have been seen on the Lord and Taylor surveillance video led to widespread media reports that a suspect was in custody, was under arrest and was heading to US District Court in South Boston for an initial appearance.

Journalists and spectators converged on the Moakley ­federal courthouse Wednesday afternoon, expecting a suspect to be brought in. But top law enforcement officials denied they had anyone in custody, and the courthouse was evacuated after a bomb threat. After a search of the building, employees and visitors were allowed back inside.

The Marathon Monday explo­sions killed three people and injured more than 176, many of whom were grievously maimed. On Wednesday, author­ities confirmed the identity of the third victim, Boston University graduate student Lingzi Lu, who was from China. Martin Richard, an 8-year-old from Dorchester and 29-year-old Krystle Campbell, a native of Medford, were also killed.

Sixty-two people hurt in the blasts remained at Boston hospitals Wednesday evening; 12 were in critical condition.

Obama signed an emergency declaration Wednesday for Massachusetts and ordered federal aid to supplement the local response to the bombings.

Obama will attend an interfaith service set for 11 a.m. today at the Cathedral of the Holy Cross in the city’s South End. The president will try to comfort a community in deep mourning, as he has done ­after mass murders at Fort Hood in 2009, Tucson in 2011, and Aurora, Colo.. and Newtown, Conn., in 2012.

Obama will deliver a message “of resolve” to Boston, White House Press Secretary Jay Carney said Wednesday. “It will be [a message] of the commonality that we all feel as Americans with the people of Boston and those who were visiting Boston for the Marathon and who both endured this horrific event and then demonstrated their bravery in its immediate aftermath.”

Michelle Obama is scheduled to accompany the president. The Obamas are scheduled to be in Boston several hours, which suggests they may also be meeting with bombing victims. Governor Deval Patrick said he was uncertain of the president’s itinerary, but “I know that both he and Mrs. Obama have an interest in visiting victims and/or with hospital staff. I think they’re also very cautious of the disruption” caused by a presidential visit and the security it ­requires.

The Associated Press first reported at about 2 p.m. Wednesday that a suspect had been “taken into custody” and was “expected in federal court” on the South Boston waterfront. AP did not name the source of the information. CNN followed with a tweet saying “arrest made” in the case.

The Globe, relying on information provided by an official familiar with the investigation, sent out tweets and posted a story Wednesday afternoon reporting that a suspect was in custody and en route to federal court. The FBI later ­issued a statement saying “no arrest has been made,” while other public officials have said no one was in custody. After further reporting, the Globe is no longer convinced that its previously reliable source had accurate information.

Most of the massive 12-block crime scene around Copley Square remained closed for a third day Wednesday, as investigators continued their painstaking search for evidence.

Patrick said he is trying to find the right words to lead the state in a time of anxiety and uncertainty.

“It’s hard to say anything that is exactly right, but I feel the frustration and the anger that a lot of people are feeling,” Patrick said. “I feel the notion that someone would take a civic ritual like this and would turn it into something dangerous is infuriating to me.

“But I am also confident we will come through this stronger, and the reason I’m confident is there are so many of these stories I hear of grace and kindness people have shown.”

The pieces of evidence ­recovered so far include bomb fragments, from which experts have determined that at least one bomb was fashioned from a pressure cooker stuffed with explosives laced with nails and ball-bearings.

The maker of the pressure cooker, Fagor America Inc., ­issued a statement saying the company has been contacted by investigators and is cooperating.“Our pressure cookers . . . are not intended to be used for any other purpose other than cooking,’’ the company said.

The Saudi about to be deported is still a person of interest and is the renter of the apartment that was investigated. I personally dont think he will make the plane.

I think the bomb at finish line went off early, catching our bomber a little bit. They were both supposed to go off at same time or the finish line bomb later, as First Responders moved from security staging area towards the other bomb site further way.

Actually a pretty good read from the UK MailOnline

http://www.dailymail...fy-suspect.html

Is this one of our suspects...

post-1225-0-24746600-1366291234_thumb.jpg

I agree. Not adding up at all. You'd think if this was a mix up, O would be at pains NOT to deport the guy in order to avoid any accusations of profiling or "insensitivity."

If he wants to plant suspicions of a false flag operation, what better way to do it? I don't believe it, but others will.