Jesterhead

New guy from Jefferson Township

Greetings from Oak Ridge! I'm finding this site to be a wealth of information. At 32 years of age I am finally getting around to purchasing my first firearm. I've got my application and paperwork in hand and ready to fill out. I've got to be honest, I have the same feeling in the pit of my stomach as i did when i was sitting in front of a really important test back in high school. One wrong move on the application and Ill fail.At least, that's what it feels like.Anyhow, I look forward to getting to know everybody and learning a whole lot.

Kind Regards,

Dan

That'd be great Old School. Looking forward to spending some money. Gotta get this application in first.Ill probably work on it tomorrow with a clear head.

Did they give you your reference letters to send out? You have to do that yourself in Jefferson.

Welcome from Bergen County!

Fortunately, once you get past the uneasiness, you come to embrace the Second Amendment!

The uneasiness is only from filling out the application, I get the feeling its one big mousetrap. I come from a family that are staunch supporters of our Second Amendment. I personally just never showed any interest in owning a firearm until I got married and had two children in this crazy world. Then again, I also want to try some hunting as well.

I'm with you on the marriage and children. I'm 42 and only bought my first pistol after my first daughter was born almost 8 years ago. Add another girl 2 years later and I'm shopping for my 6th pistol and I just finished my first ar build. My wife now has a .380, a .22 buckmark, and is about to buy a 9mm 1911.

I've never been a gun owner until I had my own family, but now I question why others DON'T have protection.

Best of luck!