remixer

NJ Nics now going on 11 - 12 days

At what point will the buyers start to complain by calling the NJSP and Governors office.

Why has the NRA and NJ2AS sorta remained silent in this matter?

As we all know, NRA has abandoned NJ. Meanwhile, over at the NJ2AS the Fires are burning hot with fighting the new legislation coming out. Both in the public and behind the scenes.. But we as private citizens also have a civic duty all on our own. Who do we start calling, faxing, emailing, posting in regards to this outrageous INFRINGEMENT on our Rights... Is it the Super Attendant of the NJSP, is it the Attorney General of NJ, Is it Gov. Christie ?? Well, I say, we start addressing all of them. And while we are at it. We should bombard Senator Loretta Weinburg at the same time, with how we are currently being infringed, and how she wants to do more....

I did not know that NICS checks first went through the NJSP. I mentioned it to the gun shop guys on Sunday and they were aghast. Yes, you heard it, aghast! They asked me why would the State Police get involved in a federal background check and I had no answer for them so I ask, why? Seems that they cannot handle the workload. There are forms and permits aplenty to provide them with info so why do they get involved?

I did not know that NICS checks first went through the NJSP. I mentioned it to the gun shop guys on Sunday and they were aghast. Yes, you heard it, aghast! They asked me why would the State Police get involved in a federal background check and I had no answer for them so I ask, why? Seems that they cannot handle the workload. There are forms and permits aplenty to provide them with info so why do they get involved?

Participation Map

Thirteen states have agencies acting on behalf of the NICS in a full Point-Of-Contact (POC) capacity. These POC states, which have agreed to implement and maintain their own Brady NICS Program, conduct firearm background checks for FFLs’ transactions in their respective states by electronically accessing the NICS. Upon completion of the required ATF Form 4473, the FFLs conducting business in the POC states contact a designated state agency to initiate a NICS background check in lieu of contacting the NICS Section.

Additionally, seven states are currently sharing responsibility with the NICS Section by acting as partial POCs. Partial-POC states have agencies designated to conduct checks for handguns and/or handgun permits, while the NICS Section handles the processing of the states transactions for long gun purchases. The NICS Participation Map, as illustrated below, depicts each state’s level of participation with the NICS.

CLICK FOR MAP

my point on this subject remains the same. a few weeks ago somebody posted nics check figures for ever state dating back to 98 or so. it showed a spike in Dec 2012 and Jan 2013, and a noticeable decline in Feb (can't remember if there was a full or partial of march at the time.

the point is, with nics taking about 10 minutes before this crap and WEEKS afterwords, the number just weren't there to justify the outrageous wait times. i'll see if i can find that post to show the numbers exactly.

in november of 2012 there were 8,910 nics checks in NJ. in february of last year (when i bought my handgun) there were 6,545 and my wait was about 5 minutes.

here is where i have a problem: nics has been way delayed since december, but if you look at feb and march of THIS year, the figures are not much higher than in november of last year. now, i didn't buy any guns in november, but did anyone else in NJ who can testify to their nics wait time?

here is the link.

http://njgunforums.com....nics-checks-by-state-by-month-by-year

Question....what should my friend do? He's been waiting since 4/5

20 days seems way beyond what most of you are experiencing.

It's hard to believe how impatient I was when I had to wait 2 days because of a pending status.

Get his FFL off his ASS and make some phone calls!...I am on 14 days tomorrow....My permit expires 5/12...I am going to tell my FFL if he wants the sale he needs to do something.

Get his FFL off his ASS and make some phone calls!...I am on 14 days tomorrow....My permit expires 5/12...I am going to tell my FFL if he wants the sale he needs to do something.

You do realize the FFL is not the ones at fault here? and very little they can do.

They fax in the requests and wait for approvals form NICS.

As long as FFL put the request through... there is nothing they can do but wait like you.

It's not the FFL as mentioned.

It's the SP.... You want to yell, yell at them. Just expect your app to fall to the bottom of the pile. Your SBI form is the first bottle neck. The next is that they purposely slowed down. 20 people only doing 400 a day...

So before you start yelling, think it over. Piss off your FFL, burn your bridge... Not their fault. You are not the only ones waiting...

Sent from John's iPad 2 via Tapatalk HD

Typos courtesy Apple...

I will say.... find out it is indeed the FFL causing the issue.

I have seen a few FFL's where they did get the Nics back approved, but fumbled the paperwork.... or failed to submit it.... however in most cases.... it is nics.

there has to be something we can all do together. some sort of a movement or law suit or something. anything is better then sitting at home anxiously waiting for a call for something that is your RIGHT anyway.

It's not the FFL as mentioned.

It's the SP.... You want to yell, yell at them. Just expect your app to fall to the bottom of the pile. Your SBI form is the first bottle neck. The next is that they purposely slowed down. 20 people only doing 400 a day...

So before you start yelling, think it over. Piss off your FFL, burn your bridge... Not their fault. You are not the only ones waiting...

Typos courtesy Apple...

No - not pissing of the FFL...Saying if my permits expire he has no sale - that is called motivation...So are you saying, whover is "SP" are filled with spitful people? That is very sad that they may react that way.

Stands for Stay Pist don't it? ;)

I have no idea who ordered the slow down. You can only surmise that.

In any event... If the FFL, unless he/she is slacking... there's nothing they an do and by anyone saying they'll lose a sale, well....

If we at least don't stand behind our FFLs..., we are in bad shape. I'm sure they do not want to lose sales. They are in this fiasco just like we are.

Typos courtesy Apple...