mikeyjones

Just got back from Cabelas

Well I just took my first trip to Cabela's in PA and I can assure you that from the looks of it, we are nearing an end of the panic. I'd say they are about 90% stocked with ammo.  They had plenty of 9mm and 223/5.56 as well as some .22. They had as many as AR's as you could want. Hell, they even had a used SKS that I was really close to taking home with me but decided to hold off for now. 

The only complaint I have is that their prices are still slightly elevated compared to what they were before. ie: Winchester small rifle primers: $37.99, CCI were 39.99 although there's no hazmat or shipping charges.

Just wanted to share my experience.

Nice, I went 2 Sundays ago and they did not have any primers, the powder I wanted, pistol reloading dies, reloading presses or 22lr ammo.  I was talking to one of the sales guys and he said they get stuff in but things are gone by Saturday morning.  I suspect they restock on Mondays.  I think I need to make a trip on a weekday.

Prices seem to be better on Cabela's website though.  Same box of PMC 223 ammo was selling online for 8.99 compared to 12.99 in the store.

No hazmat on the primers and powder is a plus.  Natchez was selling primers at a similar price range but that was before hazmat and shipping.

So just to clarify, they have 9mm sitting on the shelf? Like target ammo, not a 40 dollar box of hollowpoints

Yep 115gr FMJ ammo. They even had ammo cans full of it.

If they restock on Mondays. I might have to make another trip in a few weeks on a Monday.

I did find another place in PA that specializes in reloading and had almost everything I needed at extremely reasonable prices.

Yep 115gr FMJ ammo. They even had ammo cans full of it.

If they restock on Mondays. I might have to make another trip in a few weeks on a Monday.

I did find another place in PA that specializes in reloading and had almost everything I needed at extremely reasonable prices.

Awesome, I might have to make a trip on monday morning considering all the traffic should be heading the other way.

I'm leaving cabelas now, plenty of Ammo of all calibers.

9mm 14.99, 16.99 or 180.00 w/ can. depending on brand. 5 box or 1 can.

22lr golden bullets are 20.99 per brick. no cci. 1 brick limit

small pistol primers are 37.00 or 39.00 per brick.

I went in got 6 Boxs of 9mm, went to car and them came back in 10 min. And grabbed 6 more.

I'm not convinced the drought is over at all. Not saying you didn't see shelves full, but by the time I get a day off work to drive out there, with my luck they'll be out of primers again and still have a crazy 5 box limit on ammo. I'll be happy when the limits are gone and I can go anywhere with confindence knowing what I need will be in stock as I like to get everything in one trip.

I'm not convinced the drought is over at all. Not saying you didn't see shelves full, but by the time I get a day off work to drive out there, with my luck they'll be out of primers again and still have a crazy 5 box limit on ammo. I'll be happy when the limits are gone and I can go anywhere with confindence knowing what I need will be in stock as I like to get everything in one trip.

Don't go all the way to cabelas for primers than. You can get them much closer. I just got a box of federal small pistol this weekend for $40 in NJ. There were plenty on the shelf on Saturday. I only bought one box because that's all I needed and will probably see lower prices by the time I make it through my whole stash.

I got there at 730pm on monday and still plenty of stuff.