7-3-2

Been waiting for my FPID and P2P since Jan.

This is getting to be beyond ridiculous at this point, both my wife and I had applied for FPID (her original, I had to update my address) in January. We were well aware that the current climate would probably mean that wed have to wait longer than usual to hear back. 5 months later (about 5 minutes ago) I decided to contact the lady who handles the applications and ask for a status on our application. Her reply was along the lines of "I can give you a status because there are far too many applications right now, we are just starting to get to the point where we are printing some of them out and we will give you a call when yours is ready", unbelievable! Im honestly just shaking my damn head over here ... guess thats what you get for living in Edison. Okay now that I have ranted and vented a bit, has anyone else experienced this much of a hold up in their town? My guess is that the cops here are too busy trying to firebomb each others houses and don't have time to look over applications lol.

At least your hold up is because you have a ton of people applying.  I live in a tiny town and have confirmed with the chief (I grew up with his daughters) that I am the ONLY person in town applying right now... I put mine in February and my background is cleared already.... I am in the NJ Air Guard, a federal correction officer and already own a gun I moved to NJ with when I came back... I will be making a few phone calls in the morning...

Just as frustrated. Applied on Feb 20th in Scotch Plains and still wating. There permits have literally been sitting on the chiefs desk waiting to be signed for three weeks now according tothe records department and the firearms detective....

In the past Scotch Plains has been consistently 5-6 weeks....

It's all BS. They are either lazy or anti gun. Get specifics on what stage they are at but be polite. If they blame the Feds, call the FBI biometrics division. With your ssi they can track it and let you know when they sent the prints back. If they are waiting on references find out when they exactly sent them and if necessary resend. If all else fails go to your town counsel member or lawyer up. They are violating your rights. The FBI told me they returned the prints to my chief months prior and the SBI unit told me the same thing. I relayed that to chief and he said he'd check on it. After nothing, I lawyered up. One letter threatening suit and it was a miracle. Cc the mayor, town counsel, local prosecutor, town attorney and state representative. Towns budgets are so tight they don't want to spend legal fees. If you copy the mayor and town attorney they must review it and bill the town accordingly. Got a call almost immediately and they were ready. About $500 well spent. Be polite but firm and stay on them, call every week and write down every conversation and excuse. On your next visit tell them on this date you told me "xxx" etc..

Yea, I'm a TWIC holder...which means DHS/TSA cleared me to work in any Port of Entry, yet that matters none to the PRNJ.

This is what I found as well.  Cleared by the FBI to work in their building (in about 24 hrs too), cleared by the GSA, VA, etc.  Local PD takes their sweet &^%&*^@$%&()ing time...

I'm in Edison, as well.

My address change when I moved here took from late August to mid February. I did get monthly calls from the officer handling it starting around the 3 month mark, telling me that my last town's PD was unrepsonsive in forwarding some info or other that they needed.

I put in for a set of permits not recently. We'll see how long that takes.

FYI, our mayor is a big anti. As in she didn't want the police dept. to sell their old duty weapons to licensed dealers because somehow those guns might end up on the street. She would rather the town (ie me and you) take the $50k loss. For the children, of course "I’m hoping, going forward, that we’re able to do something to try to protect our children."

http://www.nj.com/middlesex/index.ssf/2012/12/mayor_cites_connecticut_school.html

Don't expect much help from her.

Hi 7-3-2, 

I been following your post to statistically predict when I will be getting my FID & PP, as I applied on very same day as you in same town :). I received letter from PD today that my FID & PP are ready for pick up, so yours shouldn't be that far either. 

I just created the account since I am too new to guns, and wasn't sure before what I will be able to offer back in return of tremendous knowledge and information shared by everyone here.

I felt i owe some information back to you and the least I can do is to give you update on my permit request with hope that yours is probably coming soon too. 

This point onward, looking forward to be more involved on forum and community. :)

I had problems with my PD getting me mine. They told me the holdup was the NJSP. I called Trenton and according to Trenton the request was received Feb 16 and returned Feb 19. This was mid-June I was calling them. When I called the local PD back, the story was changed to they misunderstood my question. The local Detective was backed up. Basically if you are not getting you permits it is the Local PD sitting on them till you bug them. My wife is still waiting for her permits and I got mine 4 weeks ago. She got a call last week saying he couldn't get in touch with her references. He left messages bu they did call him back. Supposedly her last contact called the detective Friday. We will see what happens.

A little good news and bad news .. like NightOwl my wife got a letter yesterday saying her I.D. and permit are ready for pickup so that is some good news. On the flip side, I didn't get anything yet. Hopefully I'll get it in the mail in the next few days and the delay isn't a sign of more bad things to come for me.

Just as frustrated. Applied on Feb 20th in Scotch Plains and still wating. There permits have literally been sitting on the chiefs desk waiting to be signed for three weeks now according tothe records department and the firearms detective....

In the past Scotch Plains has been consistently 5-6 weeks....

. Have you received your permits yet? I applied in November and it took them 5 wks. I applied again in the beginning of may and my reference letters were just sent out, 2 months to send them this time, 2 weeks last. Very frustrating indeed....

Who do you guys call in trenton? My pd has usually been 3-4 weeks but this time they're telling me 3 months. I called today (after 30 days of waiting) and was told that the state police was holding it up. Just wanted to give them a call and see.

lol @ 3 months