david8613

what guns in your opinion will become valuable classic?

Caracal F & C models with the QuickSight systems.

Because they recalled (with full refund) ALL of them for destruction due to some unrepairable "flaw" that they won't reveal, and anyone who keeps their copy will now have an instantly rare firearm.  I wish I had one of each if only because they seemed like damned decent firearms to shoot.

Caracal F & C models with the QuickSight systems.

Because they recalled (with full refund) ALL of them for destruction due to some unrepairable "flaw" that they won't reveal, and anyone who keeps their copy will now have an instantly rare firearm.  I wish I had one of each if only because they seemed like damned decent firearms to shoot.

I don't know if caracal disclosed the flaw, but they had a spate of slides breaking in two and the back half coming back at you and a very dangerous manner when it went bang.

The unrepairableness means either a) Tehy designed in a stress riser they can't design out, or b) it requires QC they have no intention of introducing to sell it in first world markets.  

I think it is too much of a guessing game. If you asked me 10 years ago if a Springfield M6 would be a desirable collectible gun I would have laughed at you and so would have everyone else. The Mateba was a bit more predictable

I'd say look for quirky but functional guns that have fans but are not screaming successes. The Boberg example is good.

If a US Milsurp is not available, Buy a Sistema, Nice shootable copy and well made. Getting harder to find.This one is from 1946. sending out for a refinish.