wink-_-wink

Anyone concerned?

I don't live in a big city but I work in a HUGE prison and this sort of has me a little concerned.  I am not worried about it at home but at work mostly.  We have seen prison riots several times before but this has the potential to be one of the worst I think.. they are saying it could dwarf the Rodney King riots... I do think this Zimmerman will be let free so thats why I post this.... thoughts, opinions??

http://www.infowars.com/ex-chicago-cop-zimmerman-acquittal-to-cause-race-riots/

I currently live in Manhattan, though I will be moving to Jersey in October.  My feeling is that there will be trouble, but that it will occur in the outer boroughs.  Though the movie "Gangs of New York" has popped in and out of my thoughts.  The NYPD is bigger, better armed and better trained than most standing armies in Europe.  And despite all his faults (for which there are way to many) Bloomberg is a law and order kinda Mayor.  At least I hope this is the case since by living here I have given up all rights to defend myself.

I don't worry about anything on infowars. 

Infowars or not, the reality is there... If and when this guy gets off (which IMO it looks like he acted within the scope of his job and was justified, then this blew up) I think there will be backlash... LOTS of it! Maybe not in jersey but places like Chicago, NYC, LA... I think it will be bad regardless of where the story came from. 

I was reading testimony on his case today, and so far it seems that even the prosecutions witnesses are saying that Zimmerman was not the perpetrator here.  Any backlash IMO is a bulls**t excuse by people who are looking to make trouble by any means available.  

There will be definitely problems in Florida. I would suppose in big cities like Philthadelphia, Chicago, Detroit, maybe even Newark, Trenton and Camden, etc. as it will give them "reason" to attack "whitey". Just like the Rodney King incident in 1992.

Unfortunately, our tax dollars will repay to build what they destroy.

I just don't see how this Zimmerman case compare to Rodney King.  The cops that beat King were clearly wrong and wrongfully acquitted in my and a lot of other people's opinions.  People get angry what faced with injustice.

I just don't see how this Zimmerman case compare to Rodney King.  The cops that beat King were clearly wrong and wrongfully acquitted in my and a lot of other people's opinions.  People get angry what faced with injustice.

I got yelled at by a teacher in college during a law class for defending the officers in the Rodney King Case.  Though it may have been slightly excessive force, the force was more than justified.  Several attempts to gain complaince were used prior to the physical strikes which were all un successful due to King's state (drunk/high).  What the cops messed up was running their mouths... Saying things about how they never beat someone like that before (something along those lines, its been a while) that is where they got caught up in assault vs justified.  My opinion may not be popular but when you study the evidence and case it seems they were right.  The cops didn't have to beat the other two vehicle occupants, they complied immediately.  Not trying to start a war about the King case just posing a seperate opinion on the matter ;)

I got yelled at by a teacher in college during a law class for defending the officers in the Rodney King Case.  Though it may have been slightly excessive force, the force was more than justified.  Several attempts to gain complaince were used prior to the physical strikes which were all un successful due to King's state (drunk/high).  What the cops messed up was running their mouths... Saying things about how they never beat someone like that before (something along those lines, its been a while) that is where they got caught up in assault vs justified.  My opinion may not be popular but when you study the evidence and case it seems they were right.  The cops didn't have to beat the other two vehicle occupants, they complied immediately.  Not trying to start a war about the King case just posing a seperate opinion on the matter ;)

No war here.  Let's just call the King case "perceived injustice" for argument's sake.  I think we can both agree that more people were outraged by King's beating than by Martin's shooting death.  King was beat by quite a few cops, so it wasn't a fair fight.  There was very strong sentiment before and during the trial that the cops would be found guilty.  

With Martin, there is not as much outrage.  The people that would riot see it a mano v mano battle and Martin lost.  They can understand and respect that.  Unless there is something that shows Zimmerman's obvious guilt during the trial but he's still acquitted, I wouldn't expect any race riots.

The problem is that you are arguing with facts and common sense.  Most people today do not think that way anymore.  I saw a quote the other day that I liked.  "When liberalism meets truth, it is the truth that must be pushed aside".  All that most people know about this case is that a wanna be white cop chased and shot a cute 12yr old black kid for eating skiddles.  They don't care about any facts outside of this.  And why I believe the reaction will be much worse than Rodney King is because of the use of social media. 

No war here.  Let's just call the King case "perceived injustice" for argument's sake.  I think we can both agree that more people were outraged by King's beating than by Martin's shooting death.  King was beat by quite a few cops, so it wasn't a fair fight.  There was very strong sentiment before and during the trial that the cops would be found guilty.  

With Martin, there is not as much outrage.  The people that would riot see it a mano v mano battle and Martin lost.  They can understand and respect that.  Unless there is something that shows Zimmerman's obvious guilt during the trial but he's still acquitted, I wouldn't expect any race riots.

I think the mindset in early 90's was more rational than the mob mentality of today.  People seek blind justice.  All they are seeing is a big bad mean police officer killed a kid.  I think that is the difference in these two cases is that Martin was killed, King lived and got PAID for a needed butt whoopin!  I Don't think it will be to the point of war but I do think there will be some aftermath from this. 

@Intercooler- Obama should have NOTHING to do with this case and he is putting his nose into the criminal justice procedure where he holds NO jursidiction.  He should never have commented on the topic other than it was a trajic event.  His opinion and power should play 0 part in this case.  you and I both know better but his word means jack in accordance with due process...

I think the mindset in early 90's was more rational than the mob mentality of today.  People seek blind justice.  All they are seeing is a big bad mean police officer killed a kid.  I think that is the difference in these two cases is that Martin was killed, King lived and got PAID for a needed butt whoopin!  I Don't think it will be to the point of war but I do think there will be some aftermath from this. 

@Intercooler- Obama should have NOTHING to do with this case and he is putting his nose into the criminal justice procedure where he holds NO jursidiction.  He should never have commented on the topic other than it was a trajic event.  His opinion and power should play 0 part in this case.  you and I both know better but his word means jack in accordance with due process...

I agree 100% that our prez should play no role in this whatsoever, unfortunately he has already lent his support and used his position to influence the outcome.

But to be fair, I highly doubt he would ever overstep his boundaries...yea right

I remember the innocent truck driver Reginald Denny getting beaten senseless by a brick in the middle of the street. Laws or no laws if TSHTF my ass will be packin.

Edited for spelling

The problem is that you are arguing with facts and common sense. Most people today do not think that way anymore. I saw a quote the other day that I liked. "When liberalism meets truth, it is the truth that must be pushed aside". All that most people know about this case is that a wanna be white cop chased and shot a cute 12yr old black kid for eating skiddles. They don't care about any facts outside of this. And why I believe the reaction will be much worse than Rodney King is because of the use of social media.

Absolutely. +googleplex

I was attending school in Trenton at the time of the 1968 MLK riot, not far from the epicenter of the rioting, and my wife was working in Asbury Park at the time of the 1970 July 4th riot. I still remember the smell of tear gas. It does (did) happen in New Jersey.

According to the 2010 Census, Trenton was 26.56% white (probably including "white Hispanics" like George Zimmerman) Camden was 17.59% white, and Newark was 26.31% white. (For comparison, Colts Neck Township was 1.67% Black or African-American).

I don't know how this compares to NJ demographics prior to the nearly 50 years that we've had of the "Great Society" -- but I'll guess it's worse now than it was then.

In the event that Zimmerman is acquitted my thought is that there might be some local disturbances in Florida but nothing of the magnitude of what followed MLK's shooting.

I live in Florida and am not concerned. I lived in NJ during the Newark riots and even rode shotgun in our work truck going to a job right near Newark. I literally held a shotgun on my lap. I have never been the type to scare easily but am no fool either and avoid places where there is trouble.  My experience with race riots is that they are usually confined to low income urban areas with a lot of stores for riot shopping and those in the suburbs should be fine. Down here, we have more people with ccw permits than you have gun owners so people are not so quick to mess with anyone.

In any event, since you cannot carry a concealed gun, there is not much you can do about it if you leave your house. Stay home from work for a few days if you are concerned but I would not worry about anyone travelling to my suburban home to cause problems. Not enough big screen TVs per square foot to make it worth anyone's time. :)

The media have fanned the flames on this one.  Any blood that is shed over this will be largely on their hands.

And BTW, I'm referring to the mainstream media, not necessarily outlets like infowars.

I agree. It's the media's latest spectacle.

There are vast differences between this case and the LA riots, not the least of which this was an individual not the "state".

Plus, people of all races are getting too fat and too apathetic to riot any way, specially if it interferes with their SNAPs card getting refilled, or if Honey Booboo is on the big flat screen.

All that most people know about this case is that a wanna be white cop chased and shot a cute 12yr old black kid for eating skiddles.

I love that the media plays up that this guy is "white" and rarely mention that he's Hispanic. Meanwhile if Zimmerman had been the one shot by some white guy they would be playing up that a Hispanic man was shot by a white.

If there are riots, it'll cost a ton of taxpayer $$ to clean up after them, but unless rioters start getting bussed in to where I live, I'm not overly concerned.

I gotta kinda scratch my head a bit though, at the thought that white people will suddenly "become targets" in black neighborhoods.

Concerned? Not in the least...

Will people in Cape May riot? Nope.

If you live somewhere with enough scummuppets around that this is a concern you should already have prepared with a nice battle rifle and copious amounts of magazines and ammo for such occasions.