Howard

New Cabela's Catalog

I was shocked today when I went to my mailbox and my Cabela's catalog was there.  In this day and age of the Internet who actually prints big thick catalogs.  But that is not the half of it, this thing is called the "2013 Limited Fall Edition" and it is a hard cover book, not a paperback.  I have never seen a hardcover catalog for anything before.

I was shocked today when I went to my mailbox and my Cabela's catalog was there.  In this day and age of the Internet who actually prints big thick catalogs.  But that is not the half of it, this thing is called the "2013 Limited Fall Edition" and it is a hard cover book, not a paperback.  I have never seen a hardcover catalog for anything before.

Howard you're showing how much of a Noob you are, but that's just fine, lol!  They have been making that catalog for years!  And they make great money with it, so they'll keep right on doin' it, lol!  Not even the internet web site is as organized as that catalog is.  When the power goes out and you tired of sittin' in the dark and want to order a generator, old fashioned catalogs with beautiful full-color photos showing every detail will still be readable by candlelight, lol!

Enjoy your catalog in good health!

Dave

Old Fudd

I guess its a matter of how much you spend with them the previous year.   Never used to get it but the last 2 years I've spent several thousand with them  and low and behold now I get the special limited edition catalog.

The quality of that catalog strikes a chord with people. My dad somehow ended up on the mailing list and both of my parents have ordered things from the catalog. They have never stepped into the store, nor are they gun enthusiasts. You can be sure Cabelas is paying analysts good dime to research the effectiveness of the hard cover catalog. Not a cheap freebie to send out, but the yield must be there.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Cabelas is VERY smart about customer management. They are also one of those rare places that answer the phone when you call them without a robot, without a wait, straight to human like you called your mother.

A few years ago when I used to get Field&Stream (I got a free subscription for a year for buying a pair of socks, never payed them to renew and they kept sending it to me for five years) they ran an article about Cabelas business model and customer relationship management. They are one of the people doing right and smart. Do not for a second think they do not know what they are doing when they sent you that catalog.

It's a very effective marketing tool. Paper catalogs get thrown right in the garbage. You get a nice hard cover and you feel bad about throwing it away so you keep it, friends come over and see it, it stays on the coffee table for all to see.

I probably throw away 15 paperback catalogs a week. Pottery barn, pottery barn kids, pottery barn bed and bath, crate and barrel, White House black market, LL bean, j crew, galls, quartermaster, the list goes on. If galls or pottery barn sent a hardcover catalog I would keep it for a while. It's just too nice to just throw away.

Got mine in the mail today.  Damn nice catalog.  Have only ever bought ammo from them but was prob over 1k in the past year.  No one posted a pic yet so here it is.  Over 1k pages all full color, Hardcover like a school book.  Impressive.  

msb7.jpg

3ye3.jpg

I used to get one when of those mammoth catalogs when I gave them several orders a year. When you get a hardcover catalog like that one you are less likey to toss it out. The more you look at it, the more they are banking that you will break out the plastic.