Depends on the weather.  Some rain will keep some people away, but it's a shooting day in July.  Probably 60 or 70 shooters?

But that said it is going to be busier than the Friday indoor shoot, no doubt. 

I don't want to talk you out of the Sunday event, but the Friday shoot is nice and informal.  That was how I started. 

We're actually out this weekend.  Our plan at the moment is to shoot trap at CJ.  We haven't done it in a while.

Is this a busy Match -- A lot of shooters?  

I told Jake last night that I wanted to try it out this weekend. 

Should I do a friday night 1st ??  

Show up and shoot the match. Everything else will be "easier" afterwards.

Yes normally a busy match anywhere from 60-100 shooters.

Is this a busy Match -- A lot of shooters?  

I told Jake last night that I wanted to try it out this weekend. 

Should I do a friday night 1st ??  

Turns out my wife made the decision for me...   Told her I was going, she said --  "What about my grandparents 65 anniversary party"

So looks like I already have plans --  

Stages did look good.  Sorry we missed this one.  Andrew got hisself a jay oh bee...a job.  His shooting time is going to be very limited until the winter. 

I shot some trap at CJ this am.  First time out in forever and shot an 18, a 22 and an 18.  Not too shabby.

Alec, not everybody posts videos showing every mistake they make, so don't let that ever be a concern.  Over-all you still did quite well, but some of your "smoothness" was lacking after you made a bad shot.  So the best advice an Old Codger like me can give is to just try and forget about the last miss or hit on a No-Shoot and move-on.  When I first got into USPSA my brother used to always tell me, "Smooth is FAST".  Keep it smooth my friend and don't over-push yourself on the speed and the speed will come more naturally.  One thing is for sure, you got the reload DOWN, because it's never in the video now because you're not watching it!  Instead you're looking at the next array of targets, which is a true sign of a competitor.  I always learn from your videos and the BIG holes are easier to see, lol!  Keep-up the nice job!

Dave

Alec, not everybody posts videos showing every mistake they make, so don't let that ever be a concern.  Over-all you still did quite well, but some of your "smoothness" was lacking after you made a bad shot.  So the best advice an Old Codger like me can give is to just try and forget about the last miss or hit on a No-Shoot and move-on.  When I first got into USPSA my brother used to always tell me, "Smooth is FAST".  Keep it smooth my friend and don't over-push yourself on the speed and the speed will come more naturally.  One thing is for sure, you got the reload DOWN, because it's never in the video now because you're not watching it!  Instead you're looking at the next array of targets, which is a true sign of a competitor.  I always learn from your videos and the BIG holes are easier to see, lol!  Keep-up the nice job!

Dave

Thanks Dave, easy to tell when I'm not happy with something..... * F#CK!! * must be at least 2 or 3 per video.

New gun, new build, new trigger, new sights, new barrel, first time using it for uspsa. Havent logged the hours with that particular gun yet.

I can tell though the new 6.5" barrel / sight radius is great though. a tack driver when you take your time, very accurate. 

I was thinking about using the new build for Area 8 in 2 weeks, but i'll probably wind up just keeping her in the range bag as a backup gun, and use my trusty 5" 625 as my main gun.... We will see.

Thanks Dave, easy to tell when I'm not happy with something..... * F#CK!! * must be at least 2 or 3 per video.

New gun, new build, new trigger, new sights, new barrel, first time using it for uspsa. Havent logged the hours with that particular gun yet.

I can tell though the new 6.5" barrel / sight radius is great though. a tack driver when you take your time, very accurate. 

I was thinking about using the new build for Area 8 in 2 weeks, but i'll probably wind up just keeping her in the range bag as a backup gun, and use my trusty 5" 625 as my main gun.... We will see.

The 6.5" barrels for N-Frames have been around since before you were born!  Dirty Harry's Model 29 was a 6.5" job, lol!

Seriously, go with the one that you have the most confidence in.  The one where everything is "second nature".  By the time Area 8 comes around, you'll KNOW which one.  NO ONE else can tell you.

And good luck and have fun!