blksheep

Mossberg MVP Patrol

Hard to find. Been casually looking for a while and was just down in NC 2 weeks none to be found. Once I get back in the market its near the top of my list. Love guns/acc's that multi-task. Plenty of AR mags and ammo here already.

Flying Fish 3 blocks south of Pigmans

Pigmans is low key. Table and chairs only.

Flying fish regular shore sit down place.

Used to camp on the beach in Duck, before paved roads, lots of good times.

For potential buyers: The Mossberg MVP mag well is designed to STANAG specs so there is going to be some compatibility issues with PMAGs.

Interesting. I wasnt familiar with STANAG, not a lot of yrs with the AR system yet. Can you elaborate a little on what the prop with the pmag would be?

Interesting. I wasnt familiar with STANAG, not a lot of yrs with the AR system yet. Can you elaborate a little on what the prop with the pmag would be?

Sure thing!

I'll repost what I had written on another forum:

"That's because PMAGs weren't designed to the military specification for STANAG magazines. PMAGS were designed specifically for the AR platform, whose magazine well is by design a bit larger than the STANAG specs. As a result, PMAGS, since they were designed to fit more snugly in ARs, have some compatibility issues with rifles who's mag wells are designed to snugly fit the STANAG specs (IWI Tavors, FNS2000s, etc.).

Magpul consequently produced a magazine that would be widely compatible with non-AR platforms dubbed the EMAG.

TL;DR: PMAGs are a bit thicker than STANAG mags. If you widen up the mag well a bit you should be able to make PMAGS work. Modify at your own discretion."

Here's the context of the comment and here's the full comments of the discussion if you were curious. Let me know if I was at all unclear.

I have heard nothing but good to great things about it.... Most people seem to love Mossberg but just 'like' their rifles, really nothing special but a good old college try ... but this one is both pretty cool and pretty good....if they finally make a .308 one I'd be all about it.

(my other option is, I'm considering a special edition 16.5" Rem 700 .308 and then put it in a Manners hunting-style stock, a compact Elite Hunter, with the badger ordnance mini chassis, so i have an awesome ,small & compact hunting rig for a ranch rifle for my 30 acres in FL, but then its a $700 or so rifle and $1100 stock again so ... we are talking huge investment/commitment (not even including a scope, extra magazines, ammo of course, etc.).

This rifle is pretty cool, where's the .308.

Sure thing!

I'll repost what I had written on another forum:

Here's the context of the comment and here's the full comments of the discussion if you were curious. Let me know if I was at all unclear.

Thanx, appreciate the info. Altho it is a bit depressing knowing my 15 rd pmags will be a no go in the mvp...hope the 15 AR Stoners from Midway will work OK. Do we know for a fact the Emag will fit the mvp?

I've been looking for a bolt action and this may be my choice, though I did not see a .308 choice on their website.

i had trouble finding them on website too but apparently they exist.. Lol.. I dont know if its a limited edition or low supply issue..actually come to think of it I would actually go 30-06 if I could cause I have so much ammo laying around for my Garand

http://www.galleryofguns.com/genie/default.aspx?pg=list&mfg=Mossberg&mdlno=MVP+Patrol