- Misc gun cleaning/lubing stuff
- Clays
- Thrower if you have one
- Eyes and ears
- Shell pouch
- Beverages/snacks
- Layer up and bring a warm jacket/gloves/hat depending on weather
- Chair

If you can't bring some things, we will have plenty of stuff there. If you've never shot a shotgun before, I and others will try working with you to be able to dust a clay by the end of the day!

Always treat a gun as if it was loaded
Keep your finger off the trigger until you're ready to shoot
Never point the muzzle at anything you're not willing to destroy
Always be aware of you're target/line of fire
For this range, keep all guns unloaded until you're on the firing line

Be smart, be safe, and we will have a fun-filled day!

Attending:
1. RecessedFilter

2. Fishnut

3. Fapipa

4. Catch22LR

5. Ogfarmer

6. MrMiata

7. Lalo

8. Sell682

9. NightProwler

Also, I'd like to just make a note to everyone, but specifically new shooters. There is no blame here or anything, so please don't take this that way. I just want to make everyone aware of this.

The past couple shootouts we have had a couple close calls in terms of safety violations. I don't feel the need to go into detail about this, but thankfully I and some other usuals have our eyes peeled for any situation that can turn into an issue, and we have stepped in when we've needed to. Please educate yourselves about the 5 basic rules of gun safety and use the good head you have on your shoulders while handling guns as well as when shooting on the shooting line. I understand some people who come to our events are beginner shooters, some even brand new shooters, and that is fine and we invite anyone to the shootouts, but following these 5 basic gun rules and being aware of what you are doing allows everyone to enjoy a safe and fun time in a comfortable environment.

What I believe are 5 good basic gun rules are stated in my original post and below as well:

Always treat a gun as if it was loaded
Keep your finger off the trigger until you're ready to shoot
Never point the muzzle at anything you're not willing to destroy
Always be aware of you're target/line of fire
For this range, keep all guns unloaded until you're on the firing line

In talking to other people, if you cannot follow these safety rules or continue to be an unsafe shooter, you will kindly be asked to leave. I suggest just being a safe shooter because I'm very laid back and really don't want to have to do something of this sort!

I'll be there. Possibly with a plus 1.

Drez thank you for reiterating proper firearm safety. In a setting as casual as we are sometimes rules are broken and that's just asking for an accident to happen

Exactly. That's actually a factor that I think has added so some of these safety issues. It is a casual and fun environment and most of us have no problem with that, but we are all pretty experienced shooters so we can 'multitask', if you will, and not have to think twice about breaking any safety rules. When you shoot so often, safety is practiced so much that it becomes second nature. For new shooters, it's kind of the opposite and that's why I needed to restate safety here. 

Does anyone have a 590a1 they could bring for me to try? I want to see how heavy the heavy walled barrel is.

A bunch of us have them and I can bring mine and many others will I'm sure. It's not that much heavier, and I would highly suggest the 590a1 over the 500. Although the 500 is a great deal at around 300 bucks more or less. Neither has flaws, and I always push a Mossberg shotgun over other manufacturers, but the 590a1 has upgraded 'beefed up' parts versus the 500. The 590 has the thicker barrel for use under rough conditions and heavy shooting, upgraded internals like an aluminum trigger guard and safety, and some offer a heat shield. The 590's also have a better magazine tube design, it's easier to clean and beefy.

I'm in and thanks for saying that Drez. Safety is paramount whenever firearms are involved especially in a casual environment like these shootouts.

Also remember to leave your actions open when you're storing the gun on the rack.

I remember in one of the shootouts someone was admiring someone's shotgun while on the rack. Guy asked to pick it up for a closer look and following good habits went to check if the weapon was safe and when he racked the action back, out pops a live round from the chamber.

I'm in and thanks for saying that Drez. Safety is paramount whenever firearms are involved especially in a casual environment like these shootouts.

Also remember to leave your actions open when you're storing the gun on the rack.

I remember in one of the shootouts someone was admiring someone's shotgun while on the rack. Guy asked to pick it up for a closer look and following good habits went to check if the weapon was safe and when he racked the action back, out pops a live round from the chamber.

Wow I'm glad I wasn't there for that one

Holy crap, Jorge! I put my hand over my mouth as soon as he put the buttstock on the ground I knew what he was going to do. 

That's a good reason to wait 60seconds before trying to get that shell out, WITHOUT looking down the barrel.

Good post buddy!

I wouldn't be able to make this one, but for future reference, is it OK if I don't have a shotgun? I'd be able to bring ammo, eyes, ears, clays, snacks, and other stuff, but I don't have a shotgun. I'd really like to meet some of you guys, and have some fun.

Yes that is totally okay

This signature exceeds the 15 character capacity