david8613

no one selling there used guns anymore?

Yeah, I've noticed this as well. Honestly, I think a lot of members hate the new marketplace and post on other forums instead as well as GB and other auction sites. I think numerous people are also holding onto their old/used guns as well with...things...going on lately and in the future.

After posting a few guns for sale on the new marketplace with no sales I listed everything on other sites and they sold within a day or two.  Don't post firearms for sale here anymore.  

^ Edit: I mean that I don't post firearms for sale here anymore, not suggesting others don't.  

I also anecdotally see less used guns for sale at gun stores.  I think that since the availability of firearms has been reduced, and much more difficult to purchase, ppl are thinking twice before frivolously selling them off.

Here we go....

^ I hope this doesn't turn into another marketplace thread, that wasn't the intention of my post.  Honestly I think that there is an abundance of used firearms out there for sale.  I was recently in Maine at a store that had probably 1000+ used long guns on racks and another 500 or more used handguns in cases.  Other sites I check also have a constantly scrolling wts section that you have to keep up with every day otherwise its overwhelming.  

Used guns are out there, they just might not be on your local gun shop's rack.  

^ I hope this doesn't turn into another marketplace thread, that wasn't the intention of my post.  Honestly I think that there is an abundance of used firearms out there for sale.  I was recently in Maine at a store that had probably 1000+ used long guns on racks and another 500 or more used handguns in cases.  Other sites I check also have a constantly scrolling wts section that you have to keep up with every day otherwise its overwhelming.  

Used guns are out there, they just might not be on your local gun shop's rack.  

Wasn't directed necessarily at you.  But I think we all know where this is going.

I hardly ever see any used guns in LGS let alone for a buy-able price. don't know why this site would be any different.  My WTB posts for the most part go largely unanswered as well.

I agree.  I think you used to be able to find some good used items for sale here but it seems to have disappeared.  I'm not sure why.  Perhaps it was because of all the recent events.  Perhaps things are sold elsewhere.

I'd be interested in knowing where else I can look.  I've got permits coming in and was hoping to find some items that others are no longer using.

To be honest, I find a lot of the stuff over priced, unpriced and a hassle to keep in contact with the venders. I miss Arms-N-Ammo. I would browse his sight, ask a question, Pay for the item, while I'm waiting for my permits, I would buy some more and when the permits would come back I would have a great day picking up the items. 1 hand gun a few rifles and a receiver. All paid for and ZERO hastle or jitters on his part. He was my first FFL and the best.

To be honest, I find a lot of the stuff over priced, unpriced and a hassle to keep in contact with the venders. I miss Arms-N-Ammo. I would browse his sight, ask a question, Pay for the item, while I'm waiting for my permits, I would buy some more and when the permits would come back I would have a great day picking up the items. 1 hand gun a few rifles and a receiver. All paid for and ZERO hastle or jitters on his part. He was my first FFL and the best.

Yep, often I can find better prices on new items elsewhere than used here. 

A lot of unprised stuff - who is gonna bother to call? Easier to get it elsewhere too. 

Yep, often I can find better prices on new items elsewhere than used here. 

A lot of unprised stuff - who is gonna bother to call? Easier to get it elsewhere too. 

I dont haggle much. Tell me how much and how to pay. If it is worth it to me, no problem. We can make a deal. I don't know if this is just something special venders here do for me or what. But besides PK90 and the few private sellers my experience so far with venders here have been a bust. I have many a time spent the hundreds I planned on purchases on out of state classes abusing and learning the ones I have. I do have a few transfers I plan to complete in the near future with vender that so far has been getting good ratings. Maybe I will get lucky.

I think it is a seasonal thing.  There are less used guns, keep in mind, in part... with the new system, old stuff gets closed quickly, so all you see is what is avail now.  There are no pages and pages of stuff that you don't know if sold or not.

There is an abundance of new gun owners with all the shootings, and used stuff gets sold quick.  Gun stores I visit, have less and less used guns.  Even personally, I have not sold any firearms in the last 6 months, maybe more. 

Right now is when indoor ranges get more crowded, as it gets colder, guns are more in demand, less supply.  Particularly used.

The stores I follow in NH and other places, have also seen less and less used inventory. 

Anybody looking to sell feel free to contact me. I have been known to buy a gun or two

This is why there are no used guns for sale.  This guy here buys em all before anyone can see em.  He snaked a couple that I would have purchased!

Ken

I bought my first gun from a member here back in September. When I get more PP's I'll be looking for another ...likely I will buy used because I can't afford what I want knew. So if I can pickup a used gun that I'm gonna love and help somebody put that towards a new gun or more expensive gun they're looking for it's win-win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk