High Exposure

FBI dumping .40 and going to a 9mm

Related to this thread is the book "American Gunfight" about the 1950 attempt to asassinate Truman by two Puerto Rican nationalists. There are numerous descriptions and analyses of the Secret Service shooting training and their use of revolvers vs. 9mm handguns and how it almost changed history. Pretty decent read.

everything is anemic compared to 10mm. a 10mm will be my next gun and hopefully i can find a holster that can conceal it good enough to carry when im out of state.

I love the 10 mm, I believe it was intended to be the new gun for the FBI but too many couldn't handle the recoil, hence the development of the 40 S&W.

There are no magic bullets. Also worthy of consideration is if you can feed said 10mm and stay on an effective training schedule?

I already have a ton of 10mm brass that came with my reloading presses. And I shoot .40 so having 2 diferent guns that reload with the same bullet seems like a win win for me.

With how widely dispersed m4's are in law enforcement the larger caliber rounds may really not be necessary. It's not like the old days where higher powered firearms weren't readily available.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

That statement is way out if touch with reality regarding LE work Shawn.

A rifle in the rack of your squad car does jack and sh!t for you when you are walking up to a MV on a car stop or are in a house investigating a DV or burglary/robbery when something goes awry. Even though the rifle is available it's the gun you have with you at the time the world turns that is going to save your life.

That statement is way out if touch with reality regarding LE work Shawn.

A rifle in the rack of your squad car does jack and sh!t for you when you are walking up to a MV on a car stop or are in a house investigating a DV or burglary/robbery when something goes awry. Even though the rifle is available it's the gun you have with you at the time the world turns that is going to save your life.

If your in a situation where the person is right in front of you a 9mm should be fine. It's about being quick and accurate.

With how widely dispersed m4's are in law enforcement the larger caliber rounds may really not be necessary. It's not like the old days where higher powered firearms weren't readily available.

as always ..your experience in tactics is so helpful. Do you know how little i have my hands on a long gun in a patrol situation. But good effort...not really

Do you wanna get shot by a 9mm? I know I don't. If ones aimed at me I'm not happy and I'm going to comply. It's not like they are taking your sidearm. They are going to a slightly smaller round that's easier to manage and also raises the compacity of your firearm. If your gonna raid a house, or if back up is needed they will have the carbines. But honestly I don't see anything wrong with the sidearm being dropped to a 9mm. The military does fine with 9mm so why not the law enforcement community.