Howard

The Solution to Car Jackings

Wow just heard on the news that most of these car jackings happen between 3pm and mid-night. So, their solution to prevent them was that you should alter your behavior to do your shopping before 3pm to protect yourself. Is that what we have come down to in the People's Republic of NJ, we the honest citizens have to work around the schedules of criminals who all pack heat? Time to educate the masses that good guys carrying guns in this state will protect even those that choose not too.

Most people I know work 8-5.

If the government gave out welfare checks at 8am would that shift the hours?

Unfortunately, it's not really much of a choice.  If the guy had been carrying illegally, he would have had a chance to save his life.  But had he been successful, he would have been facing hard prison time for felony arrests, both for possession of a weapon and for any injuries or worse he might have caused.  

God, this state just sucks!

A sad reminder of what some weapons instructors have said to me privately about "home/self defense" scenarios. One hopes never to have to make such a decision, but I was told that, "if you're going to shoot an offender in a home/self defense scenario, shoot to kill. If you just wound the offender, they'll turn around and sue you silly... and win!"  :crazy:

There is an easy solution to the car jack issue.  You just equip your car with a secondary remote.  Once the car jackers take the car you activate it, which first kills the engine.  If you are a liberal you then have it set to lock the doors and activate the alarm.  If you are not a liberal it is set to blow up the car and the jackers.  Problem solved!  :onthequiet:  :onthequiet:  :onthequiet:

Florida had a carjacking problem with rental cars leaving the Miami Airport identified as targets by the license plates. The Florida solution was to announce that the carjackers could be shot by the victims without any legal penalties.  Problem stoped.

I also remember a similar solution to the same problem in New Orleans.

Dave Zawicki

If you are involved in what police consider a good shoot (you're not arrested or are acquitted) the victim or their families are not allowed to sue you civilly in Florida. You can not be sued period.

You also do not need to be licensed to keep a loaded gun in your glove box.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk 2

If you are involved in what police consider a good shoot (you're not arrested or are acquitted) the victim or their families are not allowed to sue you civilly in Florida. You can not be sued period. You also do not need to be licensed to keep a loaded gun in your glove box. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk 2

Absolutely.   "Justifiable use of deadly force to prevent a 'forcible felony'. "  But I was thinking more about up here in the Northeast.

There is an easy solution to the car jack issue.  You just equip your car with a secondary remote.  Once the car jackers take the car you activate it, which first kills the engine.  If you are a liberal you then have it set to lock the doors and activate the alarm.  If you are not a liberal it is set to blow up the car and the jackers.  Problem solved!  :onthequiet:  :onthequiet:  :onthequiet:

+1 this.

Instead of blowing up the car, I thought about a couple shotgun shells buried in the driver seat with a remote detonator. If you do not kill the oxygen thief, you can probably still keep him from breeding.

I used to have a Clifford car alarm with an anti-car jacking feature. If a car door is opened while the engine is running, you'd have to enter a button sequence into a keypad or your remote. Otherwise the engine would stop after about 5 minutes.

About 22 years ago I befriended some individuals who called themselves "patriots." Didn't believe in banks or drivers licenses. Guns hiding behind every nook and cranny in their shop. The most wonderful people in the world -- would give you the shirt off their backs. I used to drop in about once a week to chit-chat, sometimes to use their services.

They are long gone.

Anyway, one day back in the early 1990s, as I entered the store I noticed the couple (he 85, she at least as old) were talking excitedly with one of the regulars.

"Did you hear about the shooting yesterday?"

No, I hadn't, and I subscribed to the NJ Herald.

"Well, you won't read about it in the paper. A guy tried to carjack a lady at the Rockaway Mall, and she shot him dead."

Has anyone heard about this? I was never able to confirm that it was true or a Hoboken Miracle. These folks did not have a lying bone in their bodies.

Too bad that wasn't the outcome down at the mall a few days ago. 

Absolutely.   "Justifiable use of deadly force to prevent a 'forcible felony'. "  But I was thinking more about up here in the Northeast.

Similar in PA, quite a few states have civil protection against lawsuits if there is no conviction. Heck, we have it for shooting dogs. So it's in Northeast.

Then we'll begin to have car jackings and shootings of mail carriers so they can steal all of the packages you order through Amazon.

Amazon is one step ahead.

They will use drones to deliver the packages and the drones will be armed with missiles.

However there is still the problem of getting the package off your lawn once the drone delivers it.

You will have to build a 10 ft chain link fence around your property.

I know it's stupid and silly but I remember talking about stupid and silly things 10 years ago and now they are reality.

They will use drones to deliver the packages and the drones will be armed with missiles.

However there is still the problem of getting the package off your lawn once the drone delivers it.

I know it's stupid and silly but I remember talking about stupid and silly things 10 years ago and now they are reality.

Not an issue, I hear they will leave the package on your roof and you will use your own personal drone to retrieve it ;)

Amazon drones will only be able to carry packages up to 5lbs, from what I've read. Everything else from 5+ to 70+ will still have to be taken by USPS, UPS, or Fedex.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The original topic was the "solution" to this problem. Several steps

(Allow concealed carry -- keep dreaming)

Keep violent criminals in prison for a long, long time; release most non-violent offenders.

Fully prosecute gun possession during the commission of a crime and hand out consecutive sentences.

Every year, take about 30 hardened criminals, put them on a plane, and drop them one by one into the Passaic River from 1000 feet on the 4th of July. 

Florida had a carjacking problem with rental cars leaving the Miami Airport identified as targets by the license plates. The Florida solution was to announce that the carjackers could be shot by the victims without any legal penalties.  Problem stoped.

I also remember a similar solution to the same problem in New Orleans.

Dave Zawicki

Not quite accurate having been in FL when this was going on in the middle 90s (1994?). Criminals were.holding up tourists id'ed by their rental car, all of which had plates starting with Z. This was usually done in rest areas on interstates. CCW was common in FL then and the criminals figured (correctly) that they had a chance of getting shot if they tried to rob a FL resident. A tourist would most likely not be carrying a gun. The reason this all came to light was the murders of some European tourists. This was not only Miami but Orlando and other tourist areas. FLs immediate response was to have a FHP officer (later private armed security) at every rest area on the interstates. They also changed plates on all the rental cars.

In reality, not quite as exciting as what you posted but proof criminals want to steer clear of armed citizens.