gunguy1960

Ex girlfriend/spouse required as reference

Ex wife or ex girlfriend?  If you are divorced there is nothing stopping them now from contacting your ex wife.  What would be the outcome?  Maybe nothing, unless you divorced on bad terms and she held a grudge, then she could say what she wanted, probbaly would cause more of a hassel for you but not the end of the world.

My ex wife is one big pain in the back over all. 

In the past she has done some really crappy stuff to me. 

Divorced a decade ago, but have a kid, so we have to deal with each other. 

2-3 times a year she finds a reason and a way to ruin few weeks for me. 

However, during peaceful periods she occasionally begs me to take her shooting... 

What would be the outcome if the state required you to include an ex in your references, if you had one in the past ten years?

Is any PD actually requiring this?  I've heard of things like it (i.e. contacting the employer, residential neighbors, etc.), but that just seems way too excessive. As long as there's no recorded history of domestic violence violations, an ex's input into the decision should be "absolute zero."  No one except the two references listed, LE agencies, and the county adjustor's office (for mental health records), should be contacted. Anything beyond that is, AFAIC, an invasion of privacy. IANAL, but I would think that any denial based on those excessive interviews and/or refusal to provide sources of contact. might result in a reasonable "cause of action" against the PD.

My ex wife is one big pain in the back over all. 

In the past she has done some really crappy stuff to me. 

Divorced a decade ago, but have a kid, so we have to deal with each other. 

2-3 times a year she finds a reason and a way to ruin few weeks for me. 

However, during peaceful periods she occasionally begs me to take her shooting... 

I know a good place. Bring disposable booties and a shovel.

What would be the outcome if the state required you to include an ex in your references, if you had one in the past ten years?

I'm curious about what prompted the question. It seems to be a completely random thing to do. It would be like asking my boss from 3 jobs ago - irrelevant.

It seems the more relevant requirement would be to use your spouse as a reference if you are married rather than an ex.

I wouldn't have a clue where to find my last ex from 8+ years ago.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk