Bighungry618

1000 rounds of 9mm for about $300

What does it cost to reload per round? How much time would it take to reload a few hundred rounds?

ive always wondered these things

I never figured out the cost per round cause I don't really reload for the costs savings...its just something I like to do...but I think its around 12-15 cents a round? I can crank out 200 rounds 9mm with my Lee Turret, or 200 rounds 10mm in 20 minutes with the Dillon 650.

Today using plated 115's

X-treme Bullets 84.22 delivered to door

Win Primers 32.81

Powder, little harder to fine figure $24.00 for a pound on the high side

Total -  $141.03 or .14103 round or $7.06/box

This is for 1000 quantity only.  Bigger discounts if buying in bulk. 

Figure 6-7 dollars a box.

Remember to save that brass.  A case of 9MM brass left on the range is worth $40 or more.

I see what your saying....lets just say not all of the brass is coming from my chamber but it finds its way into my bucket sometimes when people pack up and leave  :onthequiet:

Ill try that with this batch though great suggestion. I think i have 20 or so pounds so ill sort it tonight. Any suggestion on which calibers sell well in the marketplace and which don't? I would think 9mma nd 223 would be popular especially 223 for 300blk applications

Split/crushed neck 223's get new life for the 300BLK.  A little trimming, annealing and your in business.  Most popular would be 9mm, 40, 45ACP.  I don't shoot at a commercial range, just at a private club, so I have to police my brass.  Even if you get $30 a thousand for 9MM your still ahead of the game. 

Try to hook up with another member close to you that reloads and get started in it.  We reloaders are a friendly lot

Don't plan on saving money, you won't.  You'll just shoot more.

Here for you when you need it.  FYI, don't know if you get up to NW NJ or not, Shongum Sportmen's Assn. in Oxford, NJ, will have their reloading clinic again on Saturday May 31, 2014. Always open to fellow reloaders and wannabes.

Might see if we could organize one here for this board as well, maybe CNJ location, I'll send out feelers.

Freedom Munitions is much cheaper, the rem stuff which I have never had an issue with is $238 / 1,000.

modernmunitions much cheaper $210 otd for 1000/115gr  i've stopped buying new and supporting the local folks now.  just got to pay my $2 bridge toll lol...

Don't plan on saving money, you won't.  You'll just shoot more.

Here for you when you need it.  FYI, don't know if you get up to NW NJ or not, Shongum Sportmen's Assn. in Oxford, NJ, will have their reloading clinic again on Saturday May 31, 2014. Always open to fellow reloaders and wannabes.

Might see if we could organize one here for this board as well, maybe CNJ location, I'll send out feelers.

I would really appreciate attending a clinic. Planning to start reloading semi-auto pistol. Please post any news for a CNJ class. May I attend the May clinic in Oxford?