Malsua

Helicopters

NJ.com reported today that all the security for the game is NOT being paid for by tax exempt NFL.

700 troopers plus all the feds and locals

Of course not. I'll just cash in my kids college savings accounts to cover it. I bet NY didn't contribute to cover the costs.

about 7:15 last night the all flew right over my house. it was extremely loud for a few minutes so we looked and it was the whole bunch of them. Really cool to see. you felt the rumble from it for a few minutes. Someone i know living close to where they landed in Fairfield said it felt like a small earthquake when they were landing.

Don't know if everyone can see this. It was posted to a buddy of mine on FB. You may have to log in, cause it doesn't seem to be on youtube..... It's video from the Chinook onboard crew last night...

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=637094293017100">Post</a> by <a href="https://www.facebook.com/david.wilf.3">David Wilf

My brother, who is a firefighter/EMT, called me last night about a guy who fell through the ice in Vincentown. They had to call of their search due to the dark. When I asked him about having a state police helicopter with a night sun fly over, he said they're all up north for the superbowl. Priorities.

My brother, who is a firefighter/EMT, called me last night about a guy who fell through the ice in Vincentown. They had to call of their search due to the dark. When I asked him about having a state police helicopter with a night sun fly over, he said they're all up north for the superbowl. Priorities.

You mean they didn't call it off because it was dark and not safe to continue searching on ice or under water for a recovery? Priorities, yes.

http://www.nj.com/south/index.ssf/2014/02/woodland_township_atv_operator.html#incart_river

there were two squads that flew over, one earlier in the afternoon. I heard the rumbling and ran out to my deck and they literally flew very low on top of me, maybe no more than a few hundred feet over the treeline! Even my dogs were looking at them barking. I get a good amount of air traffic going into Teterboro but never has anything been so low. And loud. Was a great feeling seeing them and feeling the ground pulsing from their power. Merica!!!

You mean they didn't call it off because it was dark and not safe to continue searching on ice or under water for a recovery? Priorities, yes.

http://www.nj.com/south/index.ssf/2014/02/woodland_township_atv_operator.html#incart_river

Guess you missed the second sentence in my post, where I said the search had to be called off due to the darkness. What I was saying is that those state police helicopters that we pay, for were not available to assist with a night sun or FLIR, because they were keeping everyone at the superbowl safe.

Guess you missed the second sentence in my post, where I said the search had to be called off due to the darkness. What I was saying is that those state police helicopters that we pay, for were not available to assist with a night sun or FLIR, because they were keeping everyone at the superbowl safe.

I didn't miss it at all. My take on your comment was that it seems you are suggesting the search was called off because of the lack of aerial assistance after it got dark.

It was called off because of daylight, and it was a recovery event. No need for Helos or ground crews working in the dark for that reason. "Risk a lot - save a lot - risk little to save little"

I didn't miss it at all. My take on your comment was that it seems you are suggesting the search was called off because of the lack of aerial assistance after it got dark.

It was called off because of daylight, and it was a recovery event. No need for Helos or ground crews working in the dark for that reason. "Risk a lot - save a lot - risk little to save little"

But if it saves just one life... Uhh... Never mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk