Sign in to follow this  
JohnnyB

Question on legality in the PRNJ

Hi,

I recently purchased a Bushmaster A4 and I would like to transport it (with no ammo) to my office

to show some friends. I have a FID card and the owner of my company has no problems with it.

I am aware that I can carry a rifle in my trunk with a FID card, but can bring it into my office?

My co-workers are all cool and I would transport it in a hard case again with no ammo at all in my car or in the rifle.

It is the owners property correct?  As long as he is ok with it, and you follow all transportation laws, I don't see why not.  The way you talk about this makes me very nervous though lol

Thanks checko,

I took out the part about show and tell as that makes it seem more sinister.

Thanks checko,

I took out the part about show and tell as that makes it seem more sinister.

Haha I didnt think anything nefarious.  I meant more what OG said.  It just seems like a number of things can go wrong. 

Nothing in an office is ever kept to a small few.   somebody will tell.

So ridiculous that we live in a place where anyone even has to ask this question.  "Can I carry a cased, unloaded, rifle with my permission slip to show a friend?"  Shame on all of us for ever letting this happen and for complying.

Look, it's your call.  It's just too easy to get jammed up.

Rather invite the people that want to see it to join you at the range.

This.  Be VERY careful if you decide to go ahead with this.  As a resident of NJ you do this at your own peril.

Nothing in an office is ever kept to a small few.   somebody will tell.

So ridiculous that we live in a place where anyone even has to ask this question.  "Can I carry a cased, unloaded, rifle with my permission slip to show a friend?"  Shame on all of us for ever letting this happen and for complying.

I feel the same way!  If I am within the law, why can't I do this???

I'm just being realistic.  A worker can claim unsafe work environment or say theres a crazy man here with an assault rifle or what not. 

I'm not saying what you're doing is illegal but in NJ you are presumed guilty if it has anything to do with guns. 

You obviously have SOME reservations if you came onto the internet to ask complete strangers what they think.

That is because I respect your opinions. Actually, I don't have any reservations about my office staff. It's all about the transport and purpose.

If I were you, I'd show them a picture and keep it at that. I have to agree with whoever said that this could lead to a situation where could potentially get jammed up.

Sucks that it's like that but it is what it is.

I gave up. I am not doing this, just too risky in this stupid state!  Thank you all for your advice.