DJNEB

Indoor range allowing for 7.62 shooting?

The noise is the reason RTSP has separated ranges for long arms and hand guns. If your shooting a rifle you go into the rifle side. Shooting a hand gun or hand gun caliber rifle you go to the other side. They are completely separate rooms from each other. Problem solved at that range. GFH is similar with the separate 50yd range.

Sent using Tapatalk 2 NOW FREE!!!

GFH allows rifles at 25. The GFH staff is amazing, and you can shoot whatever ammo you want - they won't give you a hard time.

That said, the guy with the $3k AR setup shooting rapid fire 48" groups at 10 yards and putting holes in other peoples targets because he can't keep it on the paper: please don't be that guy.

DJNEB...  bring all your toys to Woodland Park, you WILL have a blast.  Currently, steel case AK ammo is easily had online for around .24 cents rnd shipped.  Price does fluctuate, you just gotta watch it. 

I am still looking at some ranges, as the Woodland Park one is over an hour from my house.  Does anyone know how the separate room work for shooting different guns?  do I have to pay twice to use different rooms as opposed to paying a flat fee to use a lane which allows for shooting any firearm?  Also, some of these ranges do not mention shotgun use which is upsetting to me.  in terms of shoot what I want where I want, I do not want to be a jerk, but I also do not have the money and time to drive longer distances and to pay for mutliple rooms when I want to go shooting or for outdoor memberships.  I do not mind if someone next to me shoots something loud, as it has happened before and I am ok with it.  WHile on the idea of outdoor ranges, anyone know how Assumpink work?  I believe I spelt it right.  I have driven through it and have seen people parked along the sides of a dirt road and setting up shotgun and archery equipment but have never seen any sort of officials there to either pay or oversee things.  Is that a free outdoor range or am I missing something?  I heard you need a hunting license to use it but is that true?

I know at RTSP if you come in with a Rifle or shotgun your going to the 25 yard room on the left. If you also have hand guns with you they allow you to use the same port. But the 15yard range room on the right is for guys and gals that are only shooting hand guns. Or rifles with hand gun rounds like a 10/22.

I also pay an additional $75 for rifle on my membership. I'm not sure if they charge non members more for a port if you're shooting rifles. I joined the first time I went there with rifle membership. After your a member at RTSP you no longer pay for lane rental. Just go whenever you want. GFH I believe charges for a lane at a discounted rate for members if I'm not mistaken. I know GFH has different membership levels maybe the higher level gives you no pay for lanes? RTSP has two memberships I'm aware of, Regular member with or without rifle. And VIP member. I know they also have membership discounts for LEO and Military. All of their Memberships include no pay for lanes. Also if your an RTSP member w/o rifle you can come with a rifle but then you pay a fee for your lane.

Yes WMA (wildlife management areas) ranges are free to anyone with a valid hunting license. You may only shoot .22 rimfire, shotguns, and muzzle loader. Archery as well at the archery range, but no broadheads. But check each range before you go on the division website. Some have different rules. But none of them allow any center fire ammunition, or pistols shooting rimfire ammo. If you don't have a hunting license You can go with someone that does. I think a party of 5 is allowed if one person has a license.

Sent using Tapatalk 2 NOW FREE!!!

Umm, aren't 3 and 9 o'clock the sides ?

Personally I like it, guy was shooting a ported DE .50 next to me a couple of weeks ago , I swear it was worse than an AR, just made me smile

Correct, that was my mistake, 5 and 7 o'clock would be the accurate vectors.

Either way, the noise has never bothered me.. i used to hunt with zero ear protection. It's the direct percussion wave that gets me. The only people that feel it are the ports directly next to it, 2 ports over and it wouldn't bother me. Doesn't help when there is a 1 foot radius flash going off in your face either. It was probably the first time i was EVER annoyed at a range because of a firearm.. I'm usually pretty happy myself when something big in the room goes bang... but when i feel like a 50 cal is going of next to me and its an AR... disappointing is the least i could say. Most people don't even know they are doing it, and it is selfish to not understand that your on a range with other people.. there is nothing ok in my book about directing muzzle blast towards your shooting neighbors... There are outdoor ranges that have the space for such things.

For separate guns.. if your shooting rifle and pistol, just go to the 50yard range... you can shoot anything in there..

I am still looking at some ranges, as the Woodland Park one is over an hour from my house.  Does anyone know how the separate room work for shooting different guns?  do I have to pay twice to use different rooms as opposed to paying a flat fee to use a lane which allows for shooting any firearm?  Also, some of these ranges do not mention shotgun use which is upsetting to me.  in terms of shoot what I want where I want, I do not want to be a jerk, but I also do not have the money and time to drive longer distances and to pay for mutliple rooms when I want to go shooting or for outdoor memberships.  I do not mind if someone next to me shoots something loud, as it has happened before and I am ok with it.....

At Woodland Park you can pay one fee and move back and forth between the 50 yard and 25 yard range. Shotgun is permitted, but with a minimum shot size (#4, if I recall correct). Also, when will you be shooting? If you're going only on weekends and don't plan on being a member, there's going to be a wait. Are you okay with driving an hour, waiting 30-60 minutes while watching range members such as myself waltz into the ports after a 2 minute wait? I'm definitely not trying to discourage you from visiting the place, but I just want to set your expectations appropriately. If you're going during the day on weekdays, it obviously won't be an issue. I find late nights on Wed-Fri to be less congested.

Get into the 25yd, bring your shotgun and pistols, no issues.  Split the time between 50yd - 25yd, that's allowed too.  Buckshot or slugs only for shotgun, this was the rule from day one.  Once a walk on next to me sneaked some birdshot in and proceeded to pepper edge of my target.  Nice... not.

You forgot whining too. If i do something and it gets done back to me at some point which will happen then i cant complain. Shooting options are limited and most people can only shoot indoors so they have to do what they do. People complain about everything so stop worrying and enjoy your shoot session.

+1 When there is a loud ass comp next to me I smile.....Then pull out my AK and watch them flinch.

Speaking of which. Is the 762x54r louder than a comp'd AR (say an fsc556 for example)?

Last time I was at GFH the guy to right had an M44 and the guy to my left had a series of comp'd ARs but they both seemed equally loud... and concussive which really wasn't that bad compared to a ported 44mag I was next to at bullethole a while back.