410guy

Any gun friendly areas in South Jersey?

I may have an opportunity down the road to get a transfer with my job to South Jersey. Honestly I want to leave the state altogether someday, but for now this may be the next best thing. Im currently living in Essex county and my wife and I definitely wouldn't mind escaping the north jersey metro area rat race up here for more relaxed surroundings.

I work in the field service industry and my company has lots of accounts in South Jersey...so I would have alot of flexibility as far as where I can move. But id most likely have to choose from somewhere along the shore region (anywhere from Monmouth down to Cape May), or perhaps Burlington or Gloucester County areas.

I have little experience with South Jersey outside of the shore areas. Is the southern part of the state as rabidly anti-gun and anti-hunting as most of north jersey? Or are people a little more accepting?

Can anyone recommend towns in south jersey in which the local PD are easy to work with and cordial in regards to the FID and pistol permit process?

Thanks for the help.

Cumberland and Salem Counties are pretty gun friendly.   Lots of hunters and farms in Western Cumberland and most of Salem.

Thanks for the suggestion. My company doesn't really have any presence in Salem county but Cumberland might be a possibility.

I live in Camden County. I wouldn't say we're particularly gun friendly, but I know with my town, the police dept is super-friendly about paperwork, will answer any questions you have, and generally seem supportive of firearm ownership. My FID came in in about 35 days (Not bad, all things considered), and I believe my PPP was just about on time. ( I thought it was several weeks late, turned out I just missed their call to pick it up.)

Keep in mind, I live in a small suburban  area. I believe my friend said the police in Haddon Heights were pretty gun-friendly. And I know Deptford, where my sister lives the police were pretty cool.

Our problem, in my experience, is more a lack of friendly gun shops in the area. There's Bob's Little Sport shop, but some of the other ones I've been to in the area can be kinda rude. I pretty much did all my business between Bob's and Arms-N-Ammo when that was here.

I may have an opportunity down the road to get a transfer with my job to South Jersey. Honestly I want to leave the state altogether someday, but for now this may be the next best thing. Im currently living in Essex county and my wife and I definitely wouldn't mind escaping the north jersey metro area rat race up here for more relaxed surroundings.

I work in the field service industry and my company has lots of accounts in South Jersey...so I would have alot of flexibility as far as where I can move. But id most likely have to choose from somewhere along the shore region (anywhere from Monmouth down to Cape May), or perhaps Burlington or Gloucester County areas.

I have little experience with South Jersey outside of the shore areas. Is the southern part of the state as rabidly anti-gun and anti-hunting as most of north jersey? Or are people a little more accepting?

Can anyone recommend towns in south jersey in which the local PD are easy to work with and cordial in regards to the FID and pistol permit process?

Thanks for the help.

Check out the Quinton Sportsmen's Club, just east of Salem. It's a really nice facility, and very friendly people. They should be able to point you in the right direction, if not help you outright.

I live in Washington township, can't say much on how friendly they are here far as guns, but the police station far as handling permits and what not, I have became really close with the detective and he is extremely cool.

My girlfriends parents live in monroeville and their gun friendly. When weather is nice out, it is pretty common hearing someone shooting on their property.

We would be renting. Our ultimate goal is to move to PA within the next 4 or 5 years so I dont think wed be looking to buy in NJ. Considering living in south jersey in the meantime because I could stay with the same job while escaping the stress of north jersey.

i'm in  camden county. i think it's soso for the most part down here in this area.

now, for the shameless plug. if you're gonna be in reasonable distance to the cherry hill area, i know of an EXTREMELY gun friendly repair shop you can take your cars to. or even recommend your boss to send company vehicles to. :)

Probably you talking about Det Sgt Matt Fishler, great guy to deal with. He had my permits done within 2-3 weeks, always willing to help!!

I live in Washington township, can't say much on how friendly they are here far as guns, but the police station far as handling permits and what not, I have became really close with the detective and he is extremely cool.

My girlfriends parents live in monroeville and their gun friendly. When weather is nice out, it is pretty common hearing someone shooting on their property.

Where in South Jersey will your job be? You could easily commute from PA. Most of the time except for summer weekends you will be commuting in the opposite direction of traffic.

I agree. If you can live in Gloucester County you can probably live in PA. But I don't know all your requirements.

If you plan to move to PA in 5 years, just do it now. It will make things easier in the long run.

Thanks for all the replies.

Where in South Jersey will your job be? You could easily commute from PA. Most of the time except for summer weekends you will be commuting in the opposite direction of traffic.

I agree. If you can live in Gloucester County you can probably live in PA. But I don't know all your requirements.

If you plan to move to PA in 5 years, just do it now. It will make things easier in the long run.

I work field service so I do not have to commute to a fixed location. I leave my house in the morning and travel to customer sites throughout the day, then head home. So technically i could live anywhere in south jersey but my employer would probably be happier if it were near an area with a high concentration of customer sites.

Technically our territory also includes a small chunk of southeast PA (philly burbs area), but that would be a hard sell for me to transfer there because our customers are currently very sparse on that side of the river. Our busiest territory in south jersey is the shore region and slightly inland, between Monmouth County down to Cape May. So that would be my most likely option.