WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot

Motorcycle mechanic in NNJ (Ducati)

Just wondering if anyone has any recommendations on any of the local dealers in the area.  I see the there are ones in Ledgewood, Metuchen, or Belleville.  Or, if there's a solid independent sport bike mechanic in the fold.

Want to have an 11 year old Monster that's been on stands for the past 8 years fully checked out.

Thanks.

Where are you located? I have a good friend who runs a small side job working on bikes. He's been a car/motorcycle mechanic for quite some years and works on them like they are his own. He is very professional and doesn't charge the outrageous prices dealers do. I've known him for about 4-5 years and he works on my bike whenever I need it done. PM me if you're interested. He's located off Route 78 about 20mins west of Spruce Run Reservoir.

There is a guy who works out of his garage in Basking Ridge who does excellent work at a reasonable price, and a guy with a shop up off RTE 23, I think it's West Milford who also does good work at a good price.PM me for names and numbers.

You could try Washington Cycle Works. They work on sport bikes and race bikes. http://washingtoncycleworks.com

+1 for WCW. Ron and Pappa John know their stuff and are good people.

This...nuff said....and if you go during the week hes right down the road from Jim Flynn's Truck Repair...an FFL of equal caliber to WCW.

Correct, Trebour is strictly Triumph now. Motorcycle Mall in Belleville picked up the Ducati franchise, and The Cycle Exchange got the Suzuki franchise.

I know this is an old thread, drove by Trebour today on 46 in Ledgewood. CLOSED up shop all the Windows have paper over them and there's a big for sale/lease sign in front. Just an FYI for everyone that cares.

I know this is an old thread, drove by Trebour today on 46 in Ledgewood. CLOSED up shop all the Windows have paper over them and there's a big for sale/lease sign in front. Just an FYI for everyone that cares.

I know this is useless, but I noticed that as well.

Jack Trebour was supposedly a good guy. He owned the Ford dealership on Route 10, and died a few years ago. His kids ran the dealership down and then sold it to the current owners who renamed it Performance. Performance Ford is okay but I am biased toward Family Ford. The family still owned the motorcycle dealership but that is now out too...

I have an account with Family Ford also, if I'm buying parts from a stealership thats where I go. Performance pissed me off with warranty work on one of my E350's once. Kept my van for two days (and I really needed it) only to call me and tell me my vin# didn't have the recall after all. WTF! Last time I ever went to them.