BlueLineFish

To Shoot or Not to Shoot

Regardless of how little I actually do shoot I am contemplating buying these two revolvers. Would you shot them and risk devaluing them with a turn ring or do you think being new guns the value will never really be there where it will make a difference?

post-2441-0-53574000-1400803184_thumb.jpeg

post-2441-0-57092900-1400803196_thumb.jpeg

If I can't shoot them, I don't want them. Decided not to be a collector in that capacity long ago. Sold all my collectibles. Only want guns I won't feel guilty popping rounds.

Sent from John's iPad 2 via Tapatalk HD

Typos courtesy Apple...

what bhunted said. it's why I haven't pulled the trigger (heh) on a Beretta yet. all the 92G Elite II's are too damn expensive to shoot, since they're so rare. But I'm not a no-shoot'em kind of guy. Guns are meant to be shot, like cars are meant to be driven. otherwise, what's the point.

I don't know much about the Smith.

But the SP101 is machine engraved and not much of a collectable. There are always a few on gunbroker, etc and they only command a few dollars more than standard SPs (smaller than the difference in MSRP).

Ruger collectors are usually more interested in odd calibers (9mm, 32 H&R, .327) or service guns, like the SPNY issued to NYPD.

There's also a rarer Talo SP with gold accents (limited run of 600) that those guys drool over.

That said, they also don't seem to mind if the gun's been fired, so long as it's not beat up. Having the original box and papers is the bigger deal.