edwill86

efga section acsess

Hey guys I pmed an admin a while ago to get access to the efga section as I'm a member there but have not been granted it yet. My family was there yesterday and had some issues and would like to post in the correct section . any help in getting in contact with the correct person to allow me axsess would be appreciated.

Hey guys I pmed an admin a while ago to get access to the efga section as I'm a member there but have not been granted it yet. My family was there yesterday and had some issues and would like to post in the correct section . any help in getting in contact with the correct person to allow me axsess would be appreciated.

PM the admin again. Many post outside of the EFGA section.

Go ahead......what happenned.

Did the cops kick out your family and their range time wasnt posted on the calendar?

Or were they harassed by an old guy?

Or someone stole from them?

OverZelous RO acting like he was Gunny in Full Metal Jacket?

......i ve seen all these things happen there in the last year.

Why isn't it on the calendar then? Is it really a scheduled event or cops just being dicks? Last weekend we had a cop be an bit high and mighty with us when my dad was taking apart his ruger takedown when the range was cold. The guy came over and and basically told him not to handle any Firearms when he's down range. Mean while his buddy was unpacking and loading his pistol . then on the rifle range we set up and stand there so we can try and go down range to out up targets. No one stops shooting. Finally they stop and we all set up targets. We are in the middle ports and I have my AK so I want to shoot the short targets. The ppl on the end with the 25 yard board is shooting at 100. Ok maybe My fualt for not asking to switch ports . The other side the guys are shooting 100 and at the 50 ! The 50 from the far 2 ports. So they are basically shooting across our line of fire. And they set up targets in the middle of the 50 not even on the end. I'm starting to think this range might not be for us. We have much more fun at the gun guild even though its indoors. Its only the 2nd time we have been and have until Nov to decide if we will reup.

If the palmerton range wasn't almost 2 hours away wed prob still go up there.

I've generally had a great experience there this past year. Just renewed my membership. Only problem I've seen was a gung ho r.o. and the maintenance guy but they are pretty liveable

this signature exceeds the 15 character count capacity

I'm sure not everyone has issues there. My dads friend goes on weekdays and has had to duck and cover a few times on the rifle range. He askes if they can take a break and change targets. They say sure. He goes down range. And they start shooting! "Oh but you're over on the other side what does it matter? " it happened at least 2 times he told us.

I'm starting to think there's 2 different EFGA's because I've been going on the weekends mostly Saturday mornings and have never witnessed any thing other then the gung-ho RO and a brass whore from time to time. The attitude issues I can get over easily but someone shooting while anyone is down range is just insane! I hope I never have to see something so stupid and I agree taking the last ten badge numbers in the book would be a good idea.

I'll grab my badge and on you thanks. Jan you got it on the first try. NJ cops said they reserved the range . nothing was posted on the site and no emails went out so they wasted an hour each way. Its sad that its not an uncommon occurrence.

If it was the Greenwich Township cops their day is usually Tuesdays at round 2pm.

Went there a few months ago and they were there. It was not on the calendar. Wrote the board the same day and they put the cop schedule there. Looks like the calendar discrepancy is happening again.

I'm sure not everyone has issues there. My dads friend goes on weekdays and has had to duck and cover a few times on the rifle range. He askes if they can take a break and change targets. They say sure. He goes down range. And they start shooting! "Oh but you're over on the other side what does it matter? " it happened at least 2 times he told us.

Wow...just wow.

Edwill86- I am not one to call the cops on any one for any reason but in your case I would have called the cops immediately. That's just insane!

Other than one overzealous RO and one drunk guy who was not shooting but felt the need to try and help me with my AR when I was having an issue with it I have never had a problem at EFGA. Most often I end up bullshitting with whoever is there and shooting their guns and them shooting mine. However I almost never go on a weekend and if I do its first thing in the morning. I usually go Fridays, last year I went every Friday evening for a month and I had the entire range to my self, pistol and rifle.  

Just an update. In going to see about going this weekend again. Give it another shot so to speak. We will see what's up. Hopefully I can sight in my AK scope this time and not just sit there burning mags because no one will let me check targets.

get a spotting scope? It gets pretty annoying when I have one guy at the range that wants to keep going down range to eye ball his shot placement.

get a spotting scope? It gets pretty annoying when I have one guy at the range that wants to keep going down range to eye ball his shot placement.

+1...get yourself a spotting scope or binoculars...only time I'm in need of heading down range is to set up and break down...I'll usually set myself up with enough targets down range to hit at(even if I have to put multiple shoot n sees on one piece of paper),once in a while I'll change it out but not often.

..I'll usually set myself up with enough targets down range to hit at(even if I have to put multiple shoot n sees on one piece of paper),once in a while I'll change it out but not often.

that's because you're not hitting the paper enough